News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)- Page 2

Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)

nativenewyorker2
#25Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 3:29pm

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Sure Smash hasn't announced yet, but we all know it's happening. Itwill announce the Imperial shortly. Same with Good Night and Good Luck...it's not "official" yet, except it's definitely happening. I was just talking about the more unknown quantities which have not made any public declarations of a Broadway production yet."

I heard George Clooney and the lead of Smash both drank a milkshake with ingredients they are allergic to, had to drop and the productions are no longer happening. Hence why no announcement.

JasonC3
#26Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 3:34pm

Saw this play at Studio Theater in Dc a couple of years back. While the performances were decent, the play itself was pretty average and predictable.

chrishuyen
#27Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 4:15pm

fwiw Sadie Sink was also in a pretty high profile Taylor Swift music video/short film (for the 10 minute All Too Well), and I don't know how much of the Swiftie fanbase became a fan of hers after that too (to the point where they'd see her in a play), but worth noting

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#28Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 4:20pm

She has 25.3 million followers on Instagram, which is pretty obviously significant. For reference, Rachel Zegler has 2.3 million, and Kit Connor has 6.1 million.

Updated On: 10/17/24 at 04:20 PM

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#29Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 4:37pm

JasonC3 said: "Saw this play at Studio Theater in Dc a couple of years back. While the performances were decent, the play itself was pretty average and predictable."

Predictable? I did not see the big twist coming at all. That must have been the fault of the acting and directing. On paper it came out of nowhere to me.

JasonC3
#30Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 5:10pm

Interesting.

While I was referring to the writing and character development overall, I found the ending pretty well-telegraphed as did others with whom I attended

Perhaps some casts/productions mask better. If so, I hope that is the case on Broadway.

George in DC Profile Photo
George in DC
#31Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 8:46pm

JasonC3 said: "Interesting.

While I was referring to the writing and character development overall, I found the ending pretty well-telegraphed as did others with whom I attended

Completely agree. I knew where this was going from the start and nothing surprised me.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#32Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 11:05pm

nativenewyorker2 said: "MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Sure Smash hasn't announced yet, but we all know it's happening. Itwill announce the Imperial shortly. Same with Good Night and Good Luck...it's not "official" yet, except it's definitely happening. I was just talking about the more unknown quantities which have not made any public declarations of a Broadway production yet."

I heard George Clooney and the lead of Smash both drank a milkshake with ingredients they are allergic to, had to drop and the productions are no longer happening. Hence why no announcement."

For what it’s worth, Good Night and Good Luck is holding EPAs next week so it seems like they’re still going ahead. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#33Sadie Sink in JOHN PROCTOR IS THE VILLAIN - Broadway (Spring 2025)
Posted: 10/17/24 at 11:07pm

nativenewyorker2 said: "I heard George Clooney and the lead of Smash both drank a milkshake with ingredients they are allergic to, had to drop and the productions are no longer happening. Hence why no announcement."

...what?

Latest Posts

Videos