News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

broadway halloween costumes- Page 2

broadway halloween costumes

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#25re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/29/08 at 6:01pm

i want to be Kyle from Legally Blonde this year. does anyone know a place that sells UPS Guy Costumes?

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#26re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/29/08 at 6:09pm

WOW. I hope you come trick-or-treating at my house.

P.S. Maybe this is why Kyle's outfit is so tight on him. It only comes in size 2-4 T!

re: broadway halloween costumes

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy
Updated On: 9/29/08 at 06:09 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#27re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/29/08 at 7:07pm

Where did you get concentration camp garb, EugLoven? Did you have to make it? I can't imagine it being sold anywhere... that's creepy.

Dollypop
#28re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/29/08 at 7:27pm

I usually rent my red DOLLY gown from Lillians, here on Long Island. This year I'll be Tessie Tura and am putting together the costume myself. (My granddaughter will be Baby June).

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#29re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/29/08 at 7:32pm

Do you have friends go as Mazeppa & Electra?

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#30re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/29/08 at 7:34pm

EugLoven, you HAVE to post pictures of that costume. I remember it and it was pretty amazing.

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#31re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/29/08 at 8:35pm

You need to get Miss Pennywise's input here. Her kids are bigger theatre fans than she is and she's made theatre related costumes for them of their favorite characters. She took a photo of her 'Drowsy chaperone and Aldolpho' and sent it to Bob Martin. He posted it on the cast bulletin board in New York and then used it as a prop in the London production. They were fabulous.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

taintedxl0ve
#32re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/29/08 at 9:59pm

i'm being Mimi, and my friends are being Maureen & Angel. i'm gonna try to get other people to be the rest of the characters...it's gonna be awesome.

The White Half-Mask Profile Photo
The White Half-Mask
#33re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/29/08 at 10:39pm

I went as The Phantom of the Opera last year. Got dressed up in tails, cloak, fedora, mask, everything. It was pretty cool. This year, I'm going as The Joker from "The Dark Knight", which is not a Broadway costume, but it is pretty theatrical.

Mythus
#34re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/29/08 at 11:02pm

What a coincidence, I'm making a Joker costume for someone. Well, the coat at the very least.

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#35re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/30/08 at 2:48am

I tried Mimi when I was 15 or 16. I used my own clothing to make a copy of hers, down to the belt used to hold her mic pack. I carried around a candle and stuffed some cash in my bra. Nobody understood when when I said Mimi from RENT they still didn't get it. Eventually I ditched the candle and just said I was a stripper.

Freshman year in college I went as Elphaba, just slutty. My dress was so short I had to paint my behind green, too. Three people got Elphaba and not just the plain old Wicked Witch of the West.

I've also done the Pink Lady thing for my job. Slutty Elphaba at a kids' party place doesnt go over too well.

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#36re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/30/08 at 4:03am

At the request of others on the board:

Shirt and pants found at a thirftstore
Headband was hem from old shirt
Violin lent from a friend
Make-up by myself
Total = $7.00

That's me and my bestie Jenni (as Betty Boop)

SERIOUSLY! If you can make your costume, do it. It doesn't have to be miraculous or beautiful. Remember it's about creating something for one night and feeling wonderful IN it and showing the world. Just don't go and try to reproduce any Hilferty stuff haha

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#37re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/30/08 at 6:32am

Dude, that costume is great. Though people might be bound to think you're Christian Bale's character from "The Machinist." Your friend's costume is adorable as well.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#38re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/30/08 at 9:09am

I agree, make your costumes! It's always more fun.

Halloween is my favorite holiday and I always get really into my costume.

I was Maureen from RENT a couple years ago (a few people got it - yay theater school).

Other favorite costumes include:
a roll of Lifesavers
a jukebox (my friends went along as sockhoppers)
Boris (a friend was Natasha)
a Beanie Baby (my 3-year-old sister followed as the Teenie Beanie)

Last year, depending on the party, I alternated as Little Edie and a Fosse dancer (basically dress as a hooker and throw on a fedora).

This year, my boyfriend and I are going as Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett (a la Cariou and Lansbury).

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

ejgirls89
#39re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 9/30/08 at 9:12am

i think im going to be at legally blonde in providence so i want to do something funny to show them but idk yet!

--jen--

springnsummer07
#40re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 10/6/08 at 3:58am

Anyone know where I can find a white dress similar to Wendla's in Spring Awakening? I know quite a few people who have dressed as Wendla for Halloween last year. It's pretty simple, but I haven't found a dress yet.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#41re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 10/6/08 at 8:01am

Try thrift stores. You never know what you will find. If the one I went to actually had a dress I found in my size, I was going to be the Lady of the Lake from Spamalot, but it didn't, so I am just going to make a red cape and be Little Red Riding Hood. Okay, I could argue that she was a character from Into the Woods, but I doubt anyone would care.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#42re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 10/6/08 at 10:08am

I'd also try Forever 21 and Walmart--they're great for getting bits and pieces of costumes without breaking your bank, and they've helped me put together my three favorite costumes ever: Joan Crawford in the "no wire hangers" scene from Mommie Dearest (complete with a can of Ajax and a wire hanger!), Megara from Hercules (that was the one I had to explain to everyone), and Samara from The Ring.

I don't think I could get all my friends excited over a Broadway theme, but I've been jockeying for Shakespeare characters, if only so that I can dress up as Lady Macbeth, complete with fake blood up to the elbows.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

over_dramatic Profile Photo
over_dramatic
#43re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 10/6/08 at 10:32am

I was Bat Boy last year... I wore pointy ears, fangs and a sweater vest. Most people thought that i was like a vampire golfer or something.

still searching for the perfect signature

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#44re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 10/6/08 at 11:28am

osage08 Profile Photo
osage08
#45re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 10/6/08 at 3:11pm

I'm planning to go as Pepper Ann this year. It's not theatrical, but I get to have red, poofey hair for a day!

One year I would love to go as a puppet from Ave Q. I'm not the biggest fan of the show but how great would it be to dress up as Lucy or a bad news bear? Of course everyone would just think that I was a stripper or a care bear...

"Perhaps, when we remember wars, we should take off our clothes and paint ourselves blue and go on all fours all day long and grunt like pigs." Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#46re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 10/6/08 at 6:43pm

lol, Pepper Ann.

I don't usually dress up but I've been invited to a halloween/birthday party and was told I have to get a costume. I'm thinking of going as Janet from Drowsy.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#47re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 10/6/08 at 6:44pm

I work in a haunted house so i dount ill be doing any dressing up of my own but boy would I love to go as Moritz. I dont have the time to go find thift stores out her in suburbia of chicago. The costumes you posted BrodyFosse are amazing though.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#48re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 10/6/08 at 6:49pm

I went as Marcy Park from Spelling Bee last year, which was pretty easy.

This year, I'm also going as Palin, complete with bronzer, flute, and devil horns. =)

KathyGriffinLovesYou Profile Photo
KathyGriffinLovesYou
#49re: broadway halloween costumes
Posted: 10/6/08 at 7:39pm

ashley judd in delovely! her hair was flawless. she was stunning.
or angel. or maureen. or mark.
and of course zanna from zanna, don't! is always an option. =-D

Videos