THE CHER SHOW Previews

InTheBathroom1
#225THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/25/18 at 6:16pm

SJB wins, Micaela and Jarrod are both nominated in featured, Costumes win, Lighting and sound gets nominated, and maybe a nomination for musical.

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#226THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/25/18 at 7:53pm

I think Emily Skinner should and will be recognized for featured actress.

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#227THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/25/18 at 9:36pm

Rhoda4 said: " ... It was tough watching a grown woman play a 4 year old on a tricycle ..."

The back of the tricycle has a sparkling C license plate.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#228THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/25/18 at 10:00pm

"Rhoda4 said: " ...It was tough watching a grown woman play a 4 year old on a tricycle ..."

I’m guessing you also weren’t a fan of Lily Tomlin’s Edith Ann on Laugh-In. 

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#229THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/25/18 at 10:51pm

bwaybrent said: "Is that whole concept of Star Cher playing a fairy godmother to Babe still happen in the beginning of the show? It felt clunky the few times I saw it in Chicago."

I believe Cher-y Fairy Godmother was cut 2 weeks ago. It was there at final dress but it was gone a week later. I'm assuming it hasn't come back?

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#230THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/25/18 at 11:22pm

BwayBaby18 said: "bwaybrent said: "Is that whole concept of Star Cher playing a fairy godmother to Babe still happen in the beginning of the show? It felt clunky the few times I saw it in Chicago."

I believe Cher-y Fairy Godmother was cut 2 weeks ago. It was there at final dress but it was gone a week later. I'm assuming it hasn't come back?
"

Wait, I need to hear more about that...Saw the show the other day.   A Fairy Godmother?  What song was it?

lifeisinyou
#231THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/26/18 at 12:01am

I don't know if it was the same in NY, but in Chicago, Star narrated the first bits of Babe's story as a "Cher-y Fairy Godmother", since it revolved around young Cher seeing Cinderella. Kind of sad to hear it's been cut to be honest, that bit always made me smile

MadsonMelo
#232THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/26/18 at 6:47am

It was there at the first preview

greensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
#233THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/26/18 at 10:42am

Cher-y Godmother was one of the best jokes of the show and was a great way to work in Star very early on and get the dynamics established, it also helped bookend the piece with A Dream Is A Wish. Gosh, it really sounds like all the meaningful stuff got cut and now it's a boring narrative with no introspection or commentary. So disappointed to hear these updates. Sounds like I should stay away from seeing it again in NYC.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#234THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/26/18 at 5:53pm

We just saw the show on Saturday so I guess we've missed the Cher-y godmother tricycle bit, but....

Does anyone know ? during the fashion show, tv show Cher comes out in some kind of leopard skin print as a  trashy lady (??) with hanging boobies and bobble earrings. It looked like a costume kind of like Carol Burnett would wear. Did she sing a song dressed like this? Was this bit cut too for time?? 

I still had a blast; we're going back New Year's week. I need to get more magnets and drool over Jarrod Spector again.

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#235THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/26/18 at 6:09pm

Steve C. said: 
"Does anyone know ? during the fashion show, tv show Cher comes out in some kind of leopard skin print as a trashy lady (??) with hanging boobies and bobble earrings. It looked like a costume kind of like Carol Burnett would wear. Did she sing a song dressed like this? Was this bit cut too for time??"

Sounds like Laverne - a character Cher played on both the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour and the Cher shows.

https://youtu.be/yy0UTcGkt7I

Updated On: 11/26/18 at 06:09 PM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#236THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/26/18 at 6:09pm

I don't remember if it was mentioned, but Georgia Holt was actually IN an episode of I Love Lucy playing a Jacques Marcel fashion model in a fashion show. I also think I heard that Cher said her mother played an extra in crowd scenes, etc on several Lucy episodes. She must have been very good with her impersonation skills, too.

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#237THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/26/18 at 9:16pm

Luscious said: "Steve C. said:
"Does anyone know ? during the fashion show, tv show Cher comes out in some kind of leopard skin print as a trashy lady (??) with hanging boobies and bobble earrings. It looked like a costume kind of like Carol Burnett would wear. Did she sing a song dressed like this? Was this bit cut too for time??"

Sounds like Laverne - a character Cher played on both the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour andthe Cher shows.

https://youtu.be/yy0UTcGkt7I

"

Yes. It was Laverne. The audience got it when I saw it but then again they were pretty old. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#238THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/26/18 at 9:22pm

BuddyStarr said: "Yes. It was Laverne. The audience got it when I saw it but then again they were pretty old."

THE CHER SHOW Previews

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#239THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/27/18 at 9:12am

Thanks for the info on the Laverne character. I guess I should have been a little more specific in my question relating to her...

Did SJB get to do a song while wearing that hilarious costume? Or was that something cut from the show and they just gave the "costume"  a "walk-on"?? It just seems like a lot of work for a 10 second cameo.. Did anything change from Chicago to Broadway?

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#240THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/27/18 at 3:57pm

It was always a cameo.  In Chicago, Teal sang "Vamp" since she was already in the costume.  The performance I saw in New York had SJB rolled on top of the piano to do it. 

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#241THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/27/18 at 4:46pm

Thanks all and thanks Luscious for that wildly funny YouTube of Laverne singing "The Lady Is A Tramp" She sachets down that runway like she has a giant turd in her spandex pantsuit! That would have been really cute  in the show.   

Lil Crazy
#242THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/28/18 at 12:19pm

I didn’t catch the Lavern cameo in Chicago. I’ll need to really look for her when I see the show next month. Please, can anyone give me some clues to search for Lavern?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#243THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/28/18 at 12:28pm

Lil Crazy said: "I didn’t catch the Lavern cameo in Chicago. I’ll need to really look for her when I see the show next month. Please, can anyone give me some clues to search for Lavern?"

During the Bob Mackie fashion show sequence, Stephanie pops out in the Laverne costume and interacts with Bob Mackie for a few seconds while the fashion show is going on.  Unless you’re looking at everything on stage unfolding, you can easily miss it as the focus is on the model walking out in the costume.   

bwaybrent Profile Photo
bwaybrent
#244THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/29/18 at 12:30pm

New interview with the cast and some clips of the Broadway production. Looks so much different than Chicago!

https://www.today.com/video/inside-the-fabulous-cher-show-on-broadway-1383666243571

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#245THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/29/18 at 4:18pm

The footage on the "Today" show was so amazing!  Very excited by the new costumes and hearing all three of the ladies giving their love to Cher!  Really wish that I lived closer to NYC to see this show so many more times!...

Lil Crazy
#246THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/29/18 at 10:44pm

Thanks BrodyFoss.
I’ll really focus on Lavern. Thanks for the info. Do you really like this show? I’ve read good and not so good reports. I know I really loved Chicago’s version of The Cher Show.
Thanks again

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#247THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/29/18 at 11:09pm

Anyone there tonight? According to SJB’s Twitter, she was still stuck on NJ transit an hour before the show AND critics were coming tonight. Hopefully she made it!!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

lifeisinyou
#248THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/29/18 at 11:48pm

She did make it, and it didn't appear to have affected the show timing or anything! Trains in NYC/NJ can be so damn brutal. 

robskynyc
#249THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/30/18 at 9:58am

Lil Crazy said: "Thanks BrodyFoss.
I’ll really focus on Lavern. Thanks for the info. Do you really like this show? I’ve read good and not so good reports. I know I really loved Chicago’s version of The Cher Show.
Thanks again
"

she pops out from behind a clothing rack HOUSE LEFT. :)

Videos