News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD- Page 12

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

RJ14
#275THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 9:58pm

This is what you get for a painfully mediocre season. One slightly better show ends up sweeping anything and everything. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#276THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 9:58pm

HeyMrMusic said: "The Band’s Visit wins Best Original Score. Off the telecast."

Damn. David finally wins, and it's off the telecast. 

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#277THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 9:59pm

HeyMrMusic said: "The Band’s Visit wins Best Original Score. Off the telecast."

What on Earth

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#278THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:00pm

7 TONY WINS Band;s Visit!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Elegance101
#279THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

I CAN'T BELIEVE FROZEN DIDN'T WIN BEST SCORE !!!!!!!!!!!

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#280THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

ljay889 said: "HeyMrMusic said: "The Band’s Visit wins Best Original Score. Off the telecast."

Damn. David finally wins, and it's off the telecast.
"

What a bad year in musicals if they decide to reward Best Score off the main telecast. The only reason Best Book was on the main telecast was because CBS thought Tina Fey was going to win.

CoercedBull Profile Photo
CoercedBull
#281THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:01pm

I'm not watching the telecast, only following on BWW. Can someone please explain why Yazbek wasn't on the telecast? Seems like a HUGE deal for him to win. It's a remarkable score, and he's had a pretty arduous journey to getting this win, seems like a big moment to not televise.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#282THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

The Band's Visit deserves every single Tony it's winning and it would have won them last season too. It's a stunning little show.

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#283THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Commercial breaks too long. I keep up getting and getting snacks.  Will need to work out longer this week to nullify the food effect.  

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

Impossible2
#284THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Elegance101 said: "I CAN'T BELIEVE FROZEN DIDN'T WIN BEST SCORE !!!!!!!!!!!"

You're funny...

Oak2
#285THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but did ONCE ON THIS ISLAND already perform? I feel like it was ages ago that they showed OOTI as the "coming up: a performance from" thing, but then I never saw it happen, and now other stuff is happening instead.

CoercedBull Profile Photo
CoercedBull
#286THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:03pm

GeorgeandDot said: "The Band's Visit deserves every single Tony it's winning and it would have won them last season too. It's a stunning little show."

Agreed all around. It didn't have to be competitive this season, but is strong enough that it easily could have held its own in a number of other seasons.

MattRVA Profile Photo
MattRVA
#287THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

GeorgeandDot said: "The Band's Visit deserves every single Tony it's winning and it would have won them last season too. It's a stunning little show."

Agreed x1000

Elegance101
#288THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Impossible2 said: "Elegance101 said: "I CAN'T BELIEVE FROZEN DIDN'T WIN BEST SCORE !!!!!!!!!!!"

You're funny...
"

It was, in fact, a joke. From earlier in this thread.

dbird
#289THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:04pm

Sondheimite said: "ljay889 said: "So touching seeing Jan featured last."

I'm never going to get over or, honestly, forgive the people who made the choice to not dim the lights for Jan.

That was abhorrent, tacky, and something that forgive/forget doesn't cover. I'll never be able to respect the dimming of the lights ceremony again until the current administration is gone.
"

THIS.

vanbrig Profile Photo
vanbrig
#290THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

denali.fire said: "HeyMrMusic said: "The Band’s Visit wins for Sound Design of a Musical"

Strange. I sat in first row mezz and had a real tough time hearing. We all laughed saying it would not win sound design. I guess you couldn't hear anything at all in the other shows!!!

"

Really? I sat in rear mezz and had no issues heading at all. And my hearing isn't always great. Interesting. 

Shh_413
#291THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

They should have made "Summer" perform last. You know, 'coz it's kinda called "Last Dance". Plus, they're not even a nominated show. Where's the OOTI performance? Don't tell me it's coming after Best Revival, when they're all depressed and stuff. Jesus, Tony producers you're all over the place.

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#292THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Happy Birthday to my Husband.

The Tonys get this wrong every year, The theater community, which all would admit has cultural and societal values still very different from the mainstream, seems to feel that, since it has mainstream America as its prisoner on this night, it can flaunt its different values in the face of viewers.

The Broadway theater industry does not enjoy financial backing at a level sufficient to permit it to ignore the sensibilities of its Tony audience. The reaction of many television viewers to a moment like singing Happy Birthday to my Husband is "CLICK." I've had that same reaction myself twice.

As with practically all other businesses, especially considering the price of tickets, theater biz must court its customers even if it is the last that they feel like doing.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#293THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:05pm

CoercedBull said: "GeorgeandDot said: "The Band's Visit deserves every single Tony it's winning and it would have won them last season too. It's a stunning little show."

Agreed all around. It didn't have to be competitive this season, but is strong enough that it easily could have held its own in a number of other seasons.
"

Exactly. I'm not sure why some on here are creating such false narratives. TBV's easily could've won in more competitive seasons. 

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#294THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:06pm

OlBlueEyes said: "Happy Birthday to my Husband.

The Tonys get this wrong every year, The theater community, which all would admit has cultural and societal values still very different from the mainstream, seems to feel that, since it has mainstream America as its prisoner on this night, it can flaunt its differentvalues in the face of viewers.

The Broadway theater industry does not enjoy financial backing at a level sufficient to permit it to ignore the sensibilities of its Tony audience. The reaction of many television viewers to a moment like singing Happy Birthday to my Husband is "CLICK." I've had that same reaction myself twice.

As with practically all other businesses, especially considering the price of tickets, theater biz must court its customers even if it is the last that they feel like doing.
"

Um....wow. I have no words.

Elegance101
#295THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

What just happened?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#296THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Saw Potter and The Children. Harry Potter was wonderful but I would have given it to The Children. JMO

Just give the world Love.

Impossible2
#297THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:08pm

The Tonys get this wrong every year, The theater community, which all would admit has cultural and societal values still very different from the mainstream, seems to feel that, since it has mainstream America as its prisoner on this night, it can flaunt its differentvalues in the face of viewers.

"

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#298THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:09pm

"

Wow. Just wow. Maybe the theater community isn't your community if thsat's your reaction.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#299THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:09pm

"

Woof that's a horribly wrong post, I just wouldn't have done the happy birthday song because it was cringe worthy no matter who it was being sung for. 

Videos