News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11- Page 2

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11

MrJNLong
#25Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 5:45pm

They are releasing the amateur rights for "Hamilton" so high schools across the country can start doing their own productions this year?

Lin will be playing Pierre in The Great Comet?

They are going to do a reality show to cast the next Broadway leads?

They are opening a second Broadway cast at a second Broadway theatre?

They are going to do a live television musical of Hamilton starring the OBC plus Beyonce?

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#26Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 5:48pm

Lin is returning to the show? A Canadian production? An Australian production? An Asian tour? Live recording? First non-English production? A movie? Mixtape Vol 2? 

Its so exciting. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#27Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 5:50pm

Chance the Rapper tweeted this today: https://twitter.com/chancetherapper/status/894976246899200003

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#28Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 5:50pm

The first thing I thought of was that Lin will be going into the Comet. He's big fan, and the timing is right for it. Of course that's a crazy pipedream, though.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#29Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 5:52pm

If Lin had tweeted it then that would make sense, but the official Hamilton account tweeted it. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#30Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 5:53pm

Also, it looks like the Broadway production is due to release another block of tickets very shortly. I imagine that'll be one of the "reasons" on Friday.

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#31Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 5:53pm

Jorge, sorry if I missed something, but how do we know that Chance the Rapper's tweet is in reference to this news?

PS Glinda that would be fabulous!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#32Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:01pm

Everyone, It's as plain as the egg on our faces; LMM will make an announcement in solidarity w/Comet, Patinkin, OO, and Malloy that Hamilton will close on the same day that Comet closes after Labor Day. (Chance and CE will give out Kit Kat bars instead of latkes). Everyone will cry. Following this, any other show on Broadway with a fabulous multi-cultural and color blind cast, will also post their closing notice.

Then they will dim the lights of Broadway forever! 

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Wilmingtom
#33Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:05pm

The film has been green lit and is going into pre-production?

chelseaburnside
#34Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:06pm

I feel like the easy answer is the OBC recording being released either in theaters or on DVD, but when it was recorded Lin really made it sound as if it wouldn't be seen until years down the line.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#35Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:07pm

chelseaburnside said: "but when it was recorded Lin really made it sound as if it wouldn't be seen until years down the line."

That's why I'm hesitant about that, too. Also, there is zero economic reason for them to announce a film right now...

Margo319
#36Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:19pm

Ugh.  Facebook people all think it's going to be a DVD of Hamilton.  Like, they have to be joking.  Never.Happening.For.A.Decade.

I think it's about the Mixtape.  

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#37Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:25pm

8/11 is the LA tour Stop's first preview, I am pretty sure Lin will be joining the cast, but there's no need to advertise it any earlier as everything is sold out anyway.

schubox
#38Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:26pm

There's no way they're releasing or showing the recording. I'm prepared to be underwhelmed 

Audrey33
#39Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:26pm

Would be an awful business decision to release the DVD now. Hope it's not that.

N. Wratch
#40Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:28pm

If Chance the Rapper was joining some company, anywhere, I'd get on the first flight for it. He has deep roots in Chicago, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did a stint there.

chelseaburnside
#41Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:29pm

If Lin is joining the cast it must be a 1 night engagement, he already has so much lined up that I can't imagine him committing 4 months to reprising his role right now. He is also set to be back in New York a little over 2 weeks later to receive an award.

MinervaMoon Profile Photo
MinervaMoon
#42Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:32pm

#bitofaday definitely sounds Lin-related, but if he were going to pop in as Hamilton, it's weird that they would announce that in advance across all platforms. The LA opening is already gonna be widely covered and an appearance from Lin would be so much better if it were a surprise, not pre-hyped. 

It's definitely not going to be the release of the recording. 

I did get a big laugh out of the joke that he's gonna be joining The Great Comet. I'm gonna root for that possibility.

Hamilton Emotional Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamiltonsupport/

Rainah
#43Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:35pm

Look I do not THINK it is Lin in Comet but I'm saying if it's Lin in Comet I'd getting in the damn car and driving to NYC

Margo319
#44Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:40pm

It has zero to do with Comet.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#45Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:46pm

The hype sounds too big for the drop of Mixtape Volume 2, but it seems very possible. Maybe it's some sort of thing that involves all the casts?

I honestly don't know. Maybe a massive name is joining one the casts?

chelseaburnside
#46Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:50pm

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "The hype sounds too big for the drop of Mixtape Volume 2, but it seems very possible. Maybe it's some sort of thing that involves all the casts?

I honestly don't know. Maybe a massive name is joining one the casts?

"

Agreed, a 3 day lead up for a Volume 2 seems excessive. Maybe some sort of interactive/online L.A. live stream before the first show? OR a benefit concert for IWGTJD foundation featuring either the Hamilton Mixtape artists or either the OBC or L.A. casts?

Updated On: 8/8/17 at 06:50 PM

MinervaMoon
#47Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 6:57pm

Margo319 said: "It has zero to do with Comet."

No one actually said it did, really.

Hamilton Emotional Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamiltonsupport/

willrolandsframes
#48Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 7:05pm

Chance replacing Henry as Burr for at least a portion of the L.A. Engagement would actually make a ton of sense. He doesn't have a whole bunch of tour dates lined up for the fall. If he would ever do something like this, now would be the time.

So would it be more likely for him to go in as Burr or as Lafayette/Jefferson?

MinervaMoon
#49Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/8/17 at 7:11pm

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11For reference, this was Joshua Henry's comment on Instagram. If it's a cast announcement, it's big. Maybe it's Obama. 

Videos