pixeltracker

REVEALED: Seyfried & Wood workshopping THELMA & LOUISE musical- Page 2

REVEALED: Seyfried & Wood workshopping THELMA & LOUISE musical

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#25Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 1:59pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "Back to the Future and Once Upon A One More Time are confirmed musicals for next season."

Didn't Amanda make a comment about Once Upon a One More Time at one point? While I assume Britney's name alone should be the selling point she could possibly be playing Cinderella? I have to imagine that show is being heavily revised pre-broadway so it would theoretically make sense she might be in some small workshops testing out revisions?

If it were a show opening this season I am sure her name would already be plastered on the marquee by now, as while she is no Hugh Jackman, her name will definitely help sell tickets. But for her to miss the Globes because she's working on it and not being to say what it is I have to assume its a show that's in the workshop or heavily revised stages of development with planned staging sometime in the not too distant future. They fact that we still don't have an announcement about what it is today, despite the free publicity it would get makes me think its something in much earlier stages of development though. 

Jarethan
#26Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 2:04pm

If it were a show opening this season I am sure her name would already be plastered on the marquee by now, as while she is no Hugh Jackman, her name will definitely help sell tickets. But for her to miss the Globes because she's working on it and not being to say what it is I have to assume its a show that's in the workshop or heavily revised stages of development with planned staging sometime in the not too distant future. They fact that we still don't have an announcement about what it is today, despite the free publicity it would get makes me think its something in much earlier stages of development though."

I have always liked Amanda S, but I don’t really see her selling tickets, unless the show opens and she gets spectacular reviews.

pablitonizer
#27Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 2:31pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "Back to the Future and Once Upon A One More Time are confirmed musicals for next season."

I know 'Once Upon a One More Time' is looking for big names to attach since most of the cast from the DC tryout was let go last year so who knows? maybe Amanda will play Cinderella. if true then I think It could be amazing, I already got my tickets for June

BETTY22
#28Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 2:38pm

Whatever she is doing - I want to see it. 

Amanda is talented. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#29Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 3:09pm

This could be a stretch, but Brittney Johnson ends her run as Glinda on February 12. Could this be Amanda’s chance to play Glinda, even if it were a limited engagement and even though it’s a star/stunt cast?

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#30Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 3:59pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "This could be a stretch, but Brittney Johnson ends her run as Glinda on February 12. Could this be Amanda’s chance to play Glinda, even if it were a limited engagement and even though it’s a star/stunt cast?"

This is a stretch so thin it's already broke

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#31Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 4:05pm

Wicked doesn't really have to do big stunt casts yet (but will it ever?), and I don't think the Broadway company of Once Upon a One More Time will be much different than the DC run. 

At this point in time, whatever Seyfried is working on is anybody's guess. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#32Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 4:22pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Wicked doesn't really have to do big stunt casts yet (but will it ever?)"

Wicked has stunt cast from day 1.

Joel Gray
Rue McClanahan
Joey McIntyre
Justin Guarini
Miriam Margolyes
Taye Diggs
Alexandra Billings
Sheryl Lee Ralph
Ana Gasteyer
Carol Kane
Brittney Johnson
etc.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#33Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 4:30pm

It just seems like the bigger-name "stunt casts" were earlier in the run, when some may still have questioned its long, long life. Grey was an original cast member, and by no means is Johnson considered a stunt cast. 

Oh look, a bibu!

JSquared2
#34Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 4:35pm

Tag said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Wickeddoesn't really have to do big stunt casts yet (but will it ever?)"

Joel Gray
Rue McClanahan
Joey McIntyre
Justin Guarini
Miriam Margolyes
Taye Diggs
Alexandra Billings
Sheryl Lee Ralph
Ana Gasteyer
Carol Kane
Brittney Johnson
etc.
"

NONE of the people you list (except MAYBE Rue McClanahan and Joey McIntyre --both of whom already had extensive theatre resumes) are "stunt casting".    It's shocking that you would think they are (Joel Gray -- really??)

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#35Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 4:44pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "It just seems like the bigger-name "stunt casts" were earlier in the run, when some may still have questioned its long, longlife. Grey was an original cast member, and by no means is Johnson considered a stunt cast."

Gray actually replaced Robert Morse (the original Wizard in the tryout).  Rumour was Morse was fired, and Gray brought in as a bigger name (ie. Oscar winner).  So yes a stunt.

Johnson is a stunt, in another way...

treefaeriee
#36Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 12:33am

LOL it’s a 29-hour reading of a new musical. everyone RELAX

PegasusOasis
#37Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 5:05am

treefaeriee said: "LOL it’s a 29-hour reading of a new musical. everyone RELAX"

Is Kyle Selig involved? He was also in a secret reading

JasonC3
#38Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 5:38am

If Joel Grey is stunt casting, than everyone is.

Note: he's not.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#39Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 7:53am

Oy, back to the "stunt casting" debate.

Casting with considerations to marketability and box office doesn't make it stunt casting. Only if that is counter to who might have been cast anyway.

Isaac Mizrahi in Chicago is stunt casting; Hugh Jackman in Music Man is not.

Jarethan
#40Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 4:38pm

Tag said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Wickeddoesn't really have to do big stunt casts yet (but will it ever?)"

Joel Gray
Rue McClanahan
Joey McIntyre
Justin Guarini
Miriam Margolyes
Taye Diggs
Alexandra Billings
Sheryl Lee Ralph
Ana Gasteyer
Carol Kane
Brittney Johnson
etc.
"

I tend to think of that as casting people they thought would be good in the role.  Do you really think any of them actually sold tickets, especially given that Wicked is the star.

I have to admit that I have never heard of Brittney Johnson on Alexandra Billings (although her name sounds like she should be a star), and can’t imagine, too many people outside of this board buying a ticket because, to use an example, Miriam Margoyles (who I like) has joined the cast.  (I don’t count friends and relatives).

Updated On: 1/12/23 at 04:38 PM

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#41Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 4:43pm

Tag said: "Johnson is a stunt, in another way..."

Oh, please. Stop it. You sound silly.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#43Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/13/23 at 11:47am

Tag said: "Johnson is a stunt, in another way..."

get a life

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#44Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/13/23 at 12:47pm

I hope the car flies over the audience, like in CHITTY.

PipingHotPiccolo
#45Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/13/23 at 12:51pm

TheGingerBreadMan said: "Tag said: "Johnson is a stunt, in another way..."

Oh, please. Stop it. You sound silly.

"

Silly? A total unknown being a "stunt" because she's... the first person of color to play a role? It sounds much uglier than silly.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#46Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/13/23 at 12:55pm

Two black women are taking the leads in “Wicked” on the West End in March and I’m going to their first performance - call it whatever you want but I’m actually really excited for it/them.

Ke3
#47Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/13/23 at 1:15pm

I know Amanda has wanted to do stage stuff for a long time but struggled with stage fright so I'm happy she's overcome that. Still, Thelma & Louise? I can hear the bombs now, and they're being thrown from the audience.

(Also I don't know why you all continue to entertain Tag's nonsense. I learned to ignore him when his response to Sheryl Lee Ralph talking about Bennett slapping her was to call her ungrateful)

schubox
#48Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/13/23 at 1:22pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I hope the car flies over the audience, like in CHITTY."

Just going to grab the BTTF set when they're done with it

schubox
#49Amanda Seyfried musical project?
Posted: 1/13/23 at 1:23pm

Neko Case doing the score has my interest though

Videos