News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4- Page 30

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4

GoldenGiggery
#725BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/9/23 at 11:25pm

"I think they meant that they are tired of these poor actors having to deal with the bad press and bad commentary around this show. Being in a show that most of the public knows is terrible must be very difficult. Chill out."

Yes, that is exactly what I meant, DJD4. Thank you for seeing my talking point for what it is.
It's one thing to have a problem with the show, but another to attack the actors the way a number of them have mentioned has happened on Tiktok. At a certain point it's no longer opinions/criticism and is just bullying. 

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#726BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 10:22am

TaffyDavenport said: "Here's the livestream in its entirety:

Not sure if this helped their cause. Was this a result of the new marketing team that came on? Also wasn't a big fan of the host for the livestream. Who okays these things?

"

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

pablitonizer
#727BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 10:57am

Voter said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Here's the livestream in its entirety:

Not sure if this helped their cause. Was this a result of the new marketing team that came on? Also wasn't a big fan of the host for the livestream. Who okays these things

""

Same feeling here, I'm not sure that video convinced me to see BC. I have not seen it yet, but that was a bit cringy imo. I mean, I don't know the context of this moment, but the dialogues were so unnaturally flowing... The costumes look amazing though. Also is that Cinderella showing up at the ball? But where's here rebellious and 'bad' aspect in that? She just looked like the regular cinderella character to me, can someone please elaborate?

And I agree on the host and cast...sometimes I prefer to leave some magic hidden

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#728BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 12:12pm

That was so boring. What a weird moment to showcase. That definitely didn’t change my mind about buying a ticket. Strange. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#729BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 12:15pm

I think if anyone wants to see this show, the time is now. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#730BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 12:16pm

Sutton Ross said: "I think if anyone wants to see this show, the time is now."

No one does

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#731BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 12:22pm

There was no pazazz in that clip. They go talking about the ball and that’s what we got 

Charley Kringas Inc Profile Photo
Charley Kringas Inc
#732BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 12:54pm

♫ The advertisers struggle to get tickets sold
For Webber doesn't draw them in like days of old
Or maybe the Imperial just smells of mold
'Cause nobody's here ♫

Updated On: 5/10/23 at 12:54 PM

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#733BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 1:00pm

pablitonizer said: "is that Cinderella showing up at the ball? But where's here rebellious and 'bad' aspect in that? She just looked like the regular cinderella character to me, can someone please elaborate?"

Yes, that was Cinderella who appeared in white at the end of the scene, and no, she wasn't supposed to look "bad" at that point - she was supposed to look conformist.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#734BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 1:02pm

TotallyEffed said: "Sutton Ross said: "I think if anyone wants to see this show, the time is now."

No one does
"

This sort of smug, sweeping statement just makes you sound like a douchebag because it's obviously untrue. I've seen it once and would like to see it again, and I know for a fact that I'm not alone.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#735BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 1:08pm

Lot666 said: "TotallyEffed said: "Sutton Ross said: "I think if anyone wants to see this show, the time is now."

No one does
"

This sort of smug, sweeping statement just makes you sound like a douchebag because it's obviously untrue. I've seen it once and would like to see it again, and I know for a fact that I'm not alone.
"

It's not that deep girl.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

pablitonizer
#736BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 1:13pm

Lot666 said: "pablitonizer said: "is that Cinderella showing up at the ball? But where's here rebellious and 'bad' aspect in that? She just looked like the regular cinderella character to me, can someone please elaborate?"

Yes, that was Cinderella who appeared in white at the end of the scene, and no, she wasn't supposed to look "bad" at that point - she was supposed to look conformist.
"

wait she goes from 'bad' cinderella to 'conformist' cinderella in the play? How did that happen? I thought she was a complete rebel playing by her rules, at least that's what plot promised. Glad I won't see it then 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#737BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 1:14pm

Lot666 said: "TotallyEffed said: "Sutton Ross said: "I think if anyone wants to see this show, the time is now."

No one does
"

"

Andrew Lloyd Webber is doing very well without having you on hand as his self-appointed defender.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

TotallyEffed
#738BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 1:38pm

No one does
"

"

okay so that makes one person, my bad

Updated On: 5/10/23 at 01:38 PM

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#739BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 2:17pm

pablitonizer said: "Lot666 said: "pablitonizer said: "is that Cinderella showing up at the ball? But where's here rebellious and 'bad' aspect in that? She just looked like the regular cinderella character to me, can someone please elaborate?"

"

wait she goes from 'bad' cinderella to 'conformist' cinderella in the play? How did that happen? I thought she was a complete rebel playing by her rules, at least that's what plot promised. Glad I won't see it then
"

In every incarnation of Cinderella I've ever seen, she has a moment where the godmother makes her "just like everyone else"....

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#740BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 4:13pm

Actually, he’s not doing very well.  Phantom has closed on Broadway, Bad Cinderella is an embarrassment, and he just lost a kid. 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#741BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 4:23pm

Broadway Flash said: "Actually, he’s not doing very well. Phantom has closed on Broadway, Bad Cinderella is an embarrassment, and he just lost a kid."

OH MY! Are you finally coming to terms with the fact that Bad Cinderella is a FLOP? Coming from the one who said a few months ago that this would be Broadway's next big hit and that it MUST play the Winter Garden because ALL ALW musicals MUST play there! Jeez!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#742BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 5:01pm

I never said that. 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#743BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 5:20pm

Broadway Flash said: "I never said that."

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1155389&page=3

This board says otherwise. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#744BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 5:38pm

Here it comes everyone........

https://www.reddit.com/r/Broadway/comments/13e43a3/playbill_just_uploaded_this_then_instantly_deleted/

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

pablitonizer
#745BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 5:40pm

Voter said: "Here it comes everyone........

https://www.reddit.com/r/Broadway/comments/13e43a3/playbill_just_uploaded_this_then_instantly_deleted/
"

LOL I saw it too! Most likely the cast was not even aware so that's why they removed it quickly

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#746BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 5:42pm

Voter said: "Here it comes everyone........

"

Somebody’s getting a stern talking-to. Yikes.

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#747BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 5:43pm

pablitonizer said: "Voter said: "Here it comes everyone........

"

LOL I saw it too! Most likely the cast was not even aware so that's why they removed it quickly
"

That 100% has to be the reason. Like, they already have the graphic made.

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#748BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 5:45pm

Like, the Phantom team found out about closing from that article that leaked during a rehearsal. The London BC team found out through social media. And now Broadway? Andy... you've got to treat your closing casts better bro... 

TotallyEffed
#749BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 5:52pm

Voter said: "Like, the Phantom team found out about closing from that article that leaked during a rehearsal. The London BC team found out through social media. And now Broadway? Andy... you've got to treat your closing casts better bro..."

I mean, he couldn't even let Patti know she was fired from Sunset Boulevard. He doesn't care.

But I hear dozens of people still want to see the show so maybe they will extend!

Videos