News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4- Page 31

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#750BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 5:52pm

If the closing is official, I imagine we should be getting a press release and confirmation from reliable sources around 7:30. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#751BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 5:55pm

Wow! Here we go!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#752BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 6:00pm

Broadway Flash said: "Actually, he’s not doing very well. Phantom has closed on Broadway, Bad Cinderella is an embarrassment, and he just lost a kid."

He’s the most successful living musical theater composer. Maybe most successful musical theater composer, period. He is likely worth over a billion dollars. His music is known worldwide. He was asked to write a song for the king’s coronation. Phantom closed after almost four decades

Whatever personal tragedies or professional setbacks he’s faced, he is, over all, an immensely successful man. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

pablitonizer
#753BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 6:08pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "Wow! Here we go!"

I feel sorry that the cast found out about this through this leak, but wasn't the same with the London Cast? 

This photo is from today's matinee, so sad to see it this empty

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvyPFrrWcAU6IDa?format=jpg&name=medium

Updated On: 5/10/23 at 06:08 PM

Dylan Smith4
#754BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 6:09pm

pablitonizer said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "Wow! Here we go!"

I feel sorry that the cast found out about this through this leak, but wasn't the same with the London Cast?
"

Pretty much yep!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#755BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 6:55pm

Lot666 said:

This sort of smug, sweeping statement just makes you sound like a douchebag because it's obviously untrue. I've seen it once and would like to see it again, and I know for a fact that I'm not alone.

You aren't alone at all. My 12 year old twin neices convinced me to go tonight with them (pray for me ha)! They are very on theme with their pink and black outfits tho.

Love your screen name BTW. In 50 years someone will stumble on this time capsule of a website and appreciate the history of your name. heart

GoldenGiggery
#756BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 7:03pm

I do love when people who were so needlessly argumentative and defensive, finally have to eat some humble pie. The stans better run and see this while it still exists; midnight is nearly upon thee! 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#757BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 7:10pm

why is this such a shock to people that its going to close? we knew from the press day with that spray can the future of the show

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#758BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 7:16pm

Wow....just caught up on last night's stream. I have no words on how awful that was...as an Act II opener, as a prayer to sell tickets, as.....anything. Ouch.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Dylan Smith4
#759BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 7:26pm

dramamama611 said: "Wow....just caught up on last night's stream. I have no words on how awful that was...as an Act II opener, as a prayer to sell tickets, as.....anything. Ouch."

^^^This right here is pretty much how I would describe that horrendous livestream^^^

Also, there is no way the footage was LIVE. For that quality, it was definitely pre-recorded. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#761BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 7:30pm

should have never stepped foot on Broadway without some serious revisions.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#762BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 7:35pm

They’ll send out a non-Union tour and make their money back. 

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#763BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 7:42pm

So which Cinderella gets the closing performance? Isn’t Savy the Sunday Cinderella? 

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#764BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 7:51pm

Obviously it wasn't a good show and I had no interest in seeing it. But I did feel like the vitriol was a little unnecessarily mean sometimes. It'll probably still be an ok performer in the amateur world down the road.

BETTY22
#765BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 7:56pm

This will be the first time Broadway will be without an ALW show in decades. 

Listener
#766BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 8:01pm

I am still more upset by Phantom closing than this.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#767BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 8:19pm

Money doesn’t necessarily mean someone is doing very well. If that was the case, you wouldn’t see rich people dying of drug overdoses or needing rehab and therapy

East Village Profile Photo
East Village
#768BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 8:25pm

That live stream and host were the cringiest thing I’ve seen in a long time 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#769BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 8:51pm

With 8.7K viewers and less than 200 likes, that was a waste of a Hail Mary pass.

The lights looked pretty, though.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#770BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 9:32pm

BETTY22 said: "This will be the first time Broadway will be without an ALW show in decades."

I lost my bet with myself. I figured ALW would keep the show running just long enough for the inevitable Phantom revival, with a reduced orchestra/cast a la the West End, to be announced.

MattieIce2018
#771BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 9:55pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "dramamama611 said: "Wow....just caught up on last night's stream. I have no words on how awful that was...as an Act II opener, as a prayer to sell tickets, as.....anything. Ouch."

^^^This right here is pretty much how I would describe that horrendous livestream^^^

Also, there is no way the footage was LIVE. For that quality, it was definitely pre-recorded.
"

It definitely was; it was a YouTube "premiere," which is a feature that allows for a pre-recorded video to be released at a scheduled time. At the scheduled time, the video starts playing with no way to fast forward or skip ahead. Then, after the "premiere" it's just treated as a normal upload. Allows for the same feeling as a stream but a lot more control.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#772BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 10:52pm

Assuming my calculations are correct, June 5 will be the first time that Lloyd Webber will not have at least one currently-running Broadway musical in 15,975 days. Wow.

Oh look, a bibu!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#774BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
Posted: 5/10/23 at 11:30pm

msmp said: "BETTY22 said: "This will be the first time Broadway will be without an ALW show in decades."

I lost my bet with myself. I figured ALW would keep the show running just long enough for the inevitable Phantom revival, with a reduced orchestra/cast a la the West End, to be announced.
"

It was reported 2-3 weeks ago that ALW wanted to close it and that it was Ms. Schwartzman (who can buy and sell ALW many times over with just the cashflow from her CRT) who wanted to keep it open and "remarket" it. Success is a tough thing to wrap one's head around. Trying and failing, even after a lifetime of success, is just as painful. In fact it is likely even more painful. 

Videos