pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 37

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#900HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:02pm

Nycat63 said: "well I literally just got a code - went bonkers only to find that every single June show has no availability, at any price point, even for a single seat (though I need two). Only option would be to see it on two non-consecutive days but my schedule doesn't allow because I will be in NYC for a week and can't see part 1 and 2 in one week that way.

I'm going to keep refreshing for a bit but then my code will go up for grabs, too.

What a clusterf...k. Thought I won the lottery, this happens.
"

PMed you! Good luck! 

kelkel113
#901HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:02pm

So weird! I never received an email telling me I'd receive an access code or would be on standby but I just got an email with one and just bought 2 tix for $80. I only registered once but no one even let me know I'd been picked. Luckily I was by a computer.

catmandoo
#902HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:03pm

NYcat63... From one Cat to another... if you're giving your code away, I'd be eternally grateful.

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#903HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:04pm

Nycat63 said: "well I literally just got a code - went bonkers only to find that every single June show has no availability, at any price point, even for a single seat (though I need two). Only option would be to see it on two non-consecutive days but my schedule doesn't allow because I will be in NYC for a week and can't see part 1 and 2 in one week that way.

I'm going to keep refreshing for a bit but then my code will go up for grabs, too.

"

Was it txt'd to you?

AlliAndTheCats
#904HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:05pm

"

PLEASE consider me if you can't use it. Thanks!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#905HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:06pm

Buddystar - you were first to PM me so I sent you the code - let me know if it works

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#906HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:07pm

If anyone doesn't use their code, please think of me. We can be best friends :)

BroadwayFan5
#907HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:08pm

raddersons said: "Blame Ticketmaster for the way the purchasing system is handled (wow that was awful)

Blame the producers for the exorbitant ticket prices. (wow you greedy bastards)

Blame JK Rowling for thinking to buy a new country home and deciding to write a play to pay for it, and starting this madness in the first place.(Was Dumbledore REALLY gay? Seems like a backpedal.)
"

Yeah only wish they released codes to everyone verified. So everyone has a chance 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#908HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:14pm

I've basically lost hope for standby at this point. Especially because I was looking at dates in June.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Whateverjsays
#909HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:21pm

I was greenlit for the 11am opening, I spent over an hour trying to find 2 tickets under $120 a part and couldn’t find any. I searched from April to July. Finally I ended up trying to just get a single and got a $20 ticket in May. It’s in the dress circle row L. So I’m hoping the view isn’t TOO bad. 

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#910HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:22pm

My boyfriend got a standby code. I'm looking at the availability. March, April, May, June, and July are sold out. 

I'm considering on splurging for the fall, but if I can't make it (who knows what my schedule will be) - does anyone know if the tickets will be able to be put up for resale? I have one ticket in my account and it looks like resale isn't an option so far. 

Nycat63
#911HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:22pm

To those who asked and PM'd me - I was about to give up the code to the first requester, but then just decided to go for tickets toward the end of October.  Since we are able to return them, I figured I'd have nothing to lose, and if my daughter decides we don't have to travel across the whole country next year doing college visits, we may be able to sneak in a trip in October since that tends to be a long weekend in our district.  

SO...I have used my code, but if any June tickets pop up between now and then or I'm unable to go in Oct as I expect may happen, I will gladly offer up one or both of the tickets here for face value before returning them They are for October 24 (a Wed), second row of Dress for $199 each plus fees.  Feel free to PM me if you are interested, as there's a decent chance I may not be able to use them, and I'll hang on to your info.  

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#912HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:23pm

QueenAlice said: "Buddystar - you were first to PM me so I sent you the code - let me know if it works"

Thanks so much!.  It appears that there are not many tickets left for just 2.  I ended up with October. One would probably have more luck with single tickets.  If I get a standby code I will certainly pay it forward and offer it on here.

Nycat63
#913HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:25pm

BuddyStarr said: "QueenAlice said: "Buddystar - you were first to PM me so I sent you the code - let me know if it works"

Thanks so much!. It appears that there are not many tickets left for just 2. I ended up with October. One would probably have more luck with single tickets. If I get a standby code I will certainly pay it forward and offer it on here.
"

I even tried single tickets just out of curiosity and everything until August was red (sold out).  Even August said there was nothing available when I tried best available, though.

Mediamaven2
#914HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:26pm

BuddyStarr said: "BroadwayFan5 said: "There needs to be a class action lawsuit against Ticket Master

Ruining so many lives
"

You really have to put this in perspective. If you lived in Puerto Rico you're life might not be ruined but you'd be hoping just for electricity and water. Not getting a ticket to Bway show doesn't ruin anyone's life.
"

Awwww c’mon ! I think it was a tongue in cheek comment! Where’s your sense of humor! Of course no one’s life was truly ruined!

Nycat63
#915HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:27pm

Polka Dot2 said: "My boyfriend got a standby code. I'm looking at the availability. March, April, May, June, and July are sold out.

I'm considering on splurging for the fall, but if I can't make it (who knows what my schedule will be) - does anyone know if the tickets will be able to be put up for resale? I have one ticket in my account and it looks like resale isn't an option so far.
"

I don't know about resale, but TM's site says they will take returns 28 days or more prior to the show, so if you give them enough notice they will refund you.  Someone earlier said there was indeed a transfer option, so I'm sure you would be able to sell them on this board and transfer them via TM if that's the case.  

BroadwayMomma
#916HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:30pm

The return policy is actually this:

All tickets purchased over 28 days prior to a performance can be returned for a refund any time up to 14 days prior to the performance time.

Refunds may not be guaranteed for tickets purchased within 28 days of a performance. However, please do contact Ticketmaster if circumstances mean you are unable to attend and they will endeavor to assist you. All returns are at the discretion of the box office.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#917HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:35pm

I literally just got a code, but like all the dates I’m looking at are already sold out. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
catmandoo
#919HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:37pm

Well if you decide to give your code away... HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

allshalldelight
#920HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:39pm

What a wild day, I've been hoping for a standby code all day and monitoring the situation here and on twitter. The show better be worth all this hype!

I have a HP tattoo, so I've gotta get to this eventually. :P

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 04:39 PM

Dolly80
#921HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:39pm

I think Dolly’s advance sales record is about to be bettered..

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#922HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:41pm

catmandoo said: "Well if you decide to give your code away... HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018"

If I already used it, but didn’t buy anything, is it still valid?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#923HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:42pm

My gf got a standby code so I've been looking for her, we only need 2 and the date doesn't really matter, every single date I've tried so far that is yellow shows absolutely nothing at any price point. 

The fact that you have to search each date individually and then each price point individually is one of the dumbest ****ing things I've ever seen on a ticket website. F*CK ticketmaster. 

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#924HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:43pm

Probably not, but I'd be very grateful to test it.

Videos