pixeltracker

Broadway and the Coronavirus- Page 4

Broadway and the Coronavirus

lachri5
#75Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/8/20 at 11:32pm

I don't think those people contracted the virus because they didn't wash their hands thoroughly. Washing hands helps eliminate virus left on surfaces you touched. It won't save you if you inhaled virus droplets from a contagious carrier.

A0326T
#76Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 12:03am

I probably skip first two rows for now. Actors at times spit out when they have to belt or raise their voices.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#77Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 12:47am

lachri5 said: "I don't think those people contracted the virus because they didn't wash their hands thoroughly.Washing hands helps eliminate virus left on surfaces you touched. It won't save you if you inhaled virus droplets from a contagious carrier."

This is one reason they are telling people to avoid touching their face and to cough or sneeze into your arm versus hands. Germs are on everything and your hands are the first thing to touch them. 

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Yankees02
#78Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 12:49am

lachri5 said: "I don't think those people contracted the virus because they didn't wash their hands thoroughly.Washing hands helps eliminate virus left on surfaces you touched. It won't save you if you inhaled virus droplets from a contagious carrier."

No, I know my thing is just to keep hearing about washing your hands now. It's just amazing to me how this has to be repeated. Just watching in general how the general public is even before this especially in NY. I went to a game at MSG and this guy in my section had no issues at all just coughing into the air without covering his mouth. He didnt dare cough in the direction of his wife but felt somehow coughing up to the sky was doing everyone around him a favor.

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#79Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 4:03am

The Parco Theater in Japan is introducing body temperature scanning for all audience members. If your temperature is above 37.5 Celsius, you will be refused entry and your ticket refunded.

https://stage.parco.jp/blog/detail/2209/

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#80Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 6:03am

Well, I was able to get a (cheap AND)free cancellation riom, and Greyhound is offering free date changes. So Im going forward with plans for April.

Six
Company
Virginia Woolf

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#81Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 8:38am

It will not be very long before all theatres are shut  down. The virus is spreading too rapidly in the NYC area. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#82Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 9:14am

SmoothLover said: "It will not be very long before all theatres are shut down. The virus is spreading too rapidly in the NYC area."

Closing down Broadway or even worse NYC, for any extended length would have huge financial ramifications I'm sure the Broadway League is doing everything it can to stay open and take any necessary measures to help. 

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#83Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 9:16am

"Yeah I live here and I'm not worried about. Reading some things online and people's reaction to all of this and watching the news you would think people were dropping dead in the streets."

I agree, the public is panicking as usual. I was in Florida (Orlando & Tampa) the last 5 days and had no problem with being at Disneyworld with lots of people or going to music festival in Tampa on the river front over the weekend. In addition, I went to NY Yankee spring training game with crowd over 10,000. Wash your hands, stay home if you are sick and cover your mouth when you cough, it is really not that tough everyone. 

ellbellthomps
#84Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 9:22am

It's getting way crazier than I thought it would be. 

That being said, I'm not planning on making any changes to future plans. 

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#85Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 9:24am

SmoothLover said: "It will not be very long before all theatres are shut down. The virus is spreading too rapidly in the NYC area."

"spreading too rapidly"....  There's 13 confirmed cases here in NYC which has over 8.5 million people. 

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#86Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 9:28am

""spreading too rapidly"....  There's 13 confirmed cases here in NYC which has over 8.5 million people. "

Exactly and if the people who got it are not elderly there is excellent chance they will be fine after a while.

Capeguy Profile Photo
Capeguy
#87Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 9:44am

Once the test is more readily available, the numbers are going to explode. This week will probably be the turning point.

ellbellthomps
#88Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 9:54am

Capeguy said: "Once the test is more readily available, the numbers are going to explode. This week will probably be the turning point."

I am not well versed in the medical field - or versed at all in it. Do you think more people will be tested this week?

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#89Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 10:03am

Dollypop, I emailed TDF requesting a refund for Saturday. Will keep you updated.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#90Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 11:55am

ellbellthomps said: "Capeguy said: "Once the test is more readily available, the numbers are going to explode. This week will probably be the turning point."

I am not well versed in the medical field - or versed at all in it. Do you think more people will be tested this week?
"

One of the reasons the number of confirmed cases in NYC is low (for now) is because testing is not widely available (especially when compared to China). Once testing is widely available I can see the numbers escalate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/06/health/testing-coronavirus.html (article from 3 days ago). 

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-man-denied-coronavirus-test-japan-trip-fever-cough-2020-3

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#91Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 12:08pm

The schools are closing and the theatres will follow. Financial ramifications are a low priority.

MCW1227 Profile Photo
MCW1227
#92Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 12:11pm

Stay calm but pay attention and we’ll hope for the best.  Medical professionals are not panicking but are approaching it systematically. It helps if public venues can shut down but that’s not always possible.  With the Big East Tournament starting on Wednesday and new shows starting previews,  it will be a hard decision to make.  

Be Kind
Updated On: 3/9/20 at 12:11 PM

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#93Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 12:16pm

SmoothLover said: "The schools are closing and the theatres will follow. Financial ramifications are a low priority.
"

Not even close to all of them... 

"Cuomo issued new guidance Monday for all New York schools: If a student tests positive, that school will be closed for a 24-hour period pending an assessment. Longer closures may be required" 

dianamorales Profile Photo
dianamorales
#94Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 1:10pm

AndreyIsntHere said: "Hadestown tickets seem to have had a steep price drop. Looking at the rest of March, they're as low as $79 in the front mezz. There's some orchestra seats for less than $100 as well. I'm not sure if this is connected to the virus or not, nor have I checked prices for other shows, but I assume it's connected. I'll probably buy tickets for round 3 once I check my own schedule. Might as well take advantage of discounts while I can, I suppose."

Not to get off topic, but where can I find said $79 front mezz tickets.... ticketmaster doesnt have anything less than 120

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#95Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 1:20pm

TDF refunded my ticket for Saturday.

Pashacar
#96Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 1:28pm

dianamorales said: "AndreyIsntHere said: "Hadestown tickets seem to have had a steep price drop. Looking at the rest of March, they're as low as $79 in the front mezz. There's some orchestra seats for less than $100 as well. I'm not sure if this is connected to the virus or not, nor have I checked prices for other shows, but I assume it's connected. I'll probably buy tickets for round 3 once I check my own schedule. Might as well take advantage of discounts while I can, I suppose."

Not to get off topic, but where can I find said $79 front mezz tickets.... ticketmaster doesnt have anything less than 120
""

The Ticketmaster algorithm appears to drop prices 1 week, 2 days, and 1 day out. You won't likely find these prices further in advance than that. And if a performance is well sold, you won't find them at all. But generally they've been releasing some front-side orch for 99 and front size mezz for 79. Not surprisingly, if they still have the inventory a day or two before the performance, those are the lowest prices you can find.

Given the growing fears, I imagine you won't have trouble finding them for quite a few performances over the next month. You might also find good deals on StubHub, as panicking patrons try to get rid of their advance-purchased tickets.

curiousincident
#97Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 1:41pm

I wonder how this will affect shows like Sleep No More that have a lot of audience interaction 

A0326T
#98Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 2:37pm

Majority of theater goers (or opera) are mostly elderlies and if this virus wiped them out (as someone suggestef that "they will probably die), it is scary thought.

High school closed here today in Chicago because a relative of a student tested positive. This could be a start of closing down institutions and sadly Broadway theaters.

If someone tested positive it can mean that the person has the virus already (which is similar to common cold).

I believe it is when it gets to the lungs that it can prive fatal.

AlanB3
#99Broadway and the Coronavirus
Posted: 3/9/20 at 2:49pm

I guess we need to know the age range you associate with "elderly" as I certainly don't think that describes the "majority of theatergoers." Older as in 55+ ... yes. But according to the Broadway League, the avg age of a theatergoer last year was 42.3, so that is a sizeable % of folks in their 20-40s.

Videos