pixeltracker

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews- Page 4

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#75'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/20/24 at 10:54pm

RW3 said: "The fact that I am most likely going to miss out on seeing Sydney Harcourt perform in a jockstrap is deeply distressing for me."

Broadway Bares cheekywink

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#76'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/20/24 at 10:56pm

This has to extend yes! 
I need till at least early New Year! 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
Updated On: 6/20/24 at 10:56 PM

MemorableUserName
#77'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/20/24 at 11:10pm

Dan6 said: "From the fact that everyone posting seems to think their seats are the perfect location, it sounds like there probably isn't a bad seat in the theater. But since I want to get the most out of this experience (and can't afford the cabaret tables), just asking anyone who has an opinion for the best option between (1) side runway, (2) orchestra, or (3) first balcony above orchestra? Maybe it's the result of that first video promo, but I like the idea of sitting facing the end of the runway and seeing everyone come towards me. On the other hand, it's hard to tell from the seating chart and photos how far back the center orchestra/balcony are, and it also sounds like I'd be looking at Andre's back most of the time. Thanks for any help!"

ardiem at post 61 very much did not like or recommend their center seats in the first balcony. Someone on Reddit also posted photos from the first balcony closer to the side curves showing poles that somewhat obstructed the view. Sounds like the best/only good option for first balcony would be Taffy's suggestion.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#78'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/20/24 at 11:24pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Dan6 said: "From the fact that everyone posting seems to think their seats are the perfect location, it sounds like there probably isn't a bad seat in the theater. But since I want to get the most out of this experience (and can't afford the cabaret tables), just asking anyone who has an opinion for the best option between (1) side runway, (2) orchestra, or (3) first balcony above orchestra? Maybe it's the result of that first video promo, but I like the idea of sitting facing the end of the runway and seeing everyone come towards me. On the other hand, it's hard to tell from the seating chart and photos how far back the center orchestra/balcony are, and it also sounds like I'd be looking at Andre's back most of the time. Thanks for any help!"

The thing I likeabout the very ends of the lower balcony (O 201 and O 251/P 201 and P 242) is that theyoffera happy medium between the runway and orchestra sections.You're closer to the runway like the runway seats, but have more of a front view like the orchestra, and, like I said before, you're not behind the judges' table, but can see Andre De Shields' face the whole time. I was never noticeably looking at people's backs.
"

TaffyD we have lower balcony seats O 238 -243 how are they for views?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BoringBoredBoard40
#79'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/20/24 at 11:27pm

Wagner Johnson are enhancing with an eye towards Circle In The Square in the Spring 

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#80'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/20/24 at 11:29pm

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Wagner Johnson are enhancing with an eye towards Circle In The Square in the Spring"

Best revival of a musical?  Yaaaas queen! 

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#81'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/20/24 at 11:34pm

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Wagner Johnson are enhancing with an eye towards Circle In The Square in the Spring"

AHHHHHH! That's amazing! When they announced the extension I had put it on my story with "Next stop Broadway! Keep the CitS Open for them!" And they did like the story... 

MemorableUserName
#82'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/20/24 at 11:48pm

Robbie2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Dan6 said: "From the fact that everyone posting seems to think their seats are the perfect location, it sounds like there probably isn't a bad seat in the theater. But since I want to get the most out of this experience (and can't afford the cabaret tables), just asking anyone who has an opinion for the best option between (1) side runway, (2) orchestra, or (3) first balcony above orchestra? Maybe it's the result of that first video promo, but I like the idea of sitting facing the end of the runway and seeing everyone come towards me. On the other hand, it's hard to tell from the seating chart and photos how far back the center orchestra/balcony are, and it also sounds like I'd be looking at Andre's back most of the time. Thanks for any help!"

The thing I likeabout the very ends of the lower balcony (O 201 and O 251/P 201 and P 242) is that theyoffera happy medium between the runway and orchestra sections.You're closer to the runway like the runway seats, but have more of a front view like the orchestra, and, like I said before, you're not behind the judges' table, but can see Andre De Shields' face the whole time. I was never noticeably looking at people's backs.
"

TaffyD we have lower balcony seats O 238 -243 how are they for views?
"

Here's the person on Reddit who was unhappy with P239, but based on their photos, row O should be fine (no obstructions from bars): https://www.reddit.com/r/Broadway/comments/1dk620m/cats_the_jellicle_ball_seating/

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#83'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 1:42am

Wow cats and sunset boulevard were both on broadway in the same season 8 years ago. Both were not nominated for best revival last time and yet these new revivals are so beloved.  

Listener
#84'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 2:15am

Broadway Flash said: "Wow cats and sunset boulevard were both on broadway in the same season 8 years ago. Both were not nominated for best revival last time and yet these new revivals are so beloved. "

You mean the Glenn revival?

MezzA101
#85'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 3:08am

'Cats: The Jellicle Ball’ review: The most fun you’ll have at the theater this summer

https://nypost.com/2024/06/20/entertainment/cats-the-jellicle-ball-review-the-most-fun-youll-have-this-summer?

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#86'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 9:03am

Seat pics from A View From My Seat:

Orchestra L 14

Upper balcony R 304

Lower balcony O 203

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#87'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 11:15am

Dan6 said: "Critic's Pick from Jesse Green:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/20/theater/cats-the-jellicle-ball-review.html?unlocked_article_code=1.1U0.XnUg.q0io48AS9zcN&smid=url-share
"

I love this idea, really want to see the show, and hope it's a smashing success, but for a Critic's Pick, Green sounds like he's damning with faint praise. I hear echoes of the snark and condescension that were hallmarks of Brantley.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#88'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 12:18pm

Green seemed more interested in criticizing Cats the show than discussing much of this production. He barely even touches on the performances.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#89'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 12:22pm

Matt Rogers said: "Can someone give some restaurant recommendations in the area (table service, not fast food). Thanks in advance."

Within 10 minutes of the venue is the Odeon, Khe-Yo, and a little higher up is the exquisite Frenchette.  

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#90'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 12:36pm

In addition the restaurants Play Esq. just mentioned, you have Sant Ambroeus (in Brookfield) and Fierenze at Eataly. For a more casual feel, there are La Pizza & La Pasta at Eataly, Bill's Burger  and Malt House (though this one gets a bit of a noisy after-work crowd). Forgione is nearby. I've only been to Metropolis for a private event, but it's a pretty great space and the food I had was tasty. 

KevinKlawitter
#91'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 1:05pm

blaxx said: "BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Wagner Johnson are enhancing with an eye towards Circle In The Square in the Spring"

Best revival of a musical? Yaaaas queen!
"

Given how hit or mess London transfers have been with critics as of late, I'd say that this would be tied neck-and-neck with Gypsy as frontrunners for Best Musical Revival.  Maybe even ahead of Gypsy right now since we don't know the supporting cast yet.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#92'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 2:11pm

Isn’t Ragtime also looking for a fast track transfer to broadway in the spring?   It’s literally impossible to judge that category when we don’t know what Gypsy, Floyd Collins, The Last Five Years, or Ragtime are gonna be like.  

RW3
#93'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 2:39pm

Ragtime? When has Ragtime come up in conversation or rumors? Anyway, I hope these positive reviews with some constructive criticism (Kai Harada’s sound design) and continuing momentum encourage the producers of looking into a Broadway run at the Circle in the Square in the spring. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#94'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 3:14pm

I can say I’ve heard the exact same about “Ragtime”.

JSquared2
#95'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 5:08pm

KevinKlawitter said: "blaxx said: "BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Wagner Johnson are enhancing with an eye towards Circle In The Square in the Spring"

Best revival of a musical? Yaaaas queen!
"

Given how hit or mess London transfers have been with critics as of late, I'd say that this would be tied neck-and-neck withGypsyas frontrunners for Best Musical Revival. Maybe even ahead of Gypsyright now since we don't know the supporting cast yet.
"

SUNSET BLVD. would like a word...

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#96'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 5:28pm

Think it's pretty silly to speculate about next year's Tony chances at this early early point in the season (especially when we don't even know if CATS is coming, or if GYPSY will even be any good).

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#97'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 6:27pm

I feel like the CitS, while appearing like the ideal venue, seems a bit small to accommodate the very large production value. I think the stage deck is too short for a runway AND the judges table, and there isn’t really any space for the “backstage” scenery where you can see the performers getting ready and also where Gus sits.

Something tells me they would have to convert a larger theatre to get the size they want. Honestly, I could see it at Studio 54 (which pains me to say because those seats are a war crime) since it’s a proven venue that can be easily converted AND has the 70s/80s vibe.

Imagine the shows disco ball hanging in the center of Studio 54

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

chrishuyen
#98'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 6:30pm

Honestly the conversion that the Broadway Theatre did for Here Lies Love would've lined up fairly nicely (just add another row of seats where the side stages were) even if the rear mezz was a bit far, but alas 

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#99'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/21/24 at 8:17pm

Seeing the view for Upper balcony R 304 is making so excited because mine is R308 and it looks PERFECT. 

Videos