Posted: 6/2/20 at 8:48pm

NEVER    MIND

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 6/4/20 at 08:48 PM

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
#127Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 8:50pm

" She once made her dad cry in a Barnes and Noble elevator. She was there for some book signing and she was treating him like dog****. Her own FATHER."

He didn't buy the book?

AADA81 Profile Photo
AADA81
#128Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 8:57pm

I've heard stories about Lea Michele over the years, so I can't say I'm surprised by this.  However, I do take exception to the arena of public thrashing that social media has become.  This isn't about Michele, in particular.  This is just the latest example of publicly attacking someone in an attempt to destroy their reputation, once and for all.  Social media is the bully pulpit of all time.  It's like the French Revolution or McCarthyism and the Black List, where dropping someone's name with an allegation, however unproven, destroyed or ended lives.  Only social media blasts it to the world in a millisecond and it becomes a permanent record, with a response that's often out of proportion to the alleged offense.

The woman simply tweeted something yesterday in support of people involved in the current protests against racist systems.  The response from'Glee' cast members are decades old, unresolved issues and resentments that have nothing to do with this and yet are now destroying this person's life.  And the amount of "glee" being expressed over this is disturbing.  There is no proportion here.

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#129Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 9:00pm

If the stories line up, over years and across mediums, from countless sources, they are to be believed.

Even saddled with her own behavioral anecdotes, you know Naya Rivera is treating herself to the biggest piece of cake today.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#130Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 9:29pm

i was chatting with my best friend and we did happen on the realization that her career hasn’t been exactly stellar the last few years and this is just publicity for her she hasn’t had in a long time... i feel like it might help her get more work and by the time that happens this whole thing will have been forgotten by the public

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#131Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 10:10pm

Excuse me Mr gypsy101, but not ONE member of the 'public' is involved in this little dispute or bitchfest, AT ALL.

Lea who?

It is a few cast members, fellow workers etc etc who seem to have unfortunately made contact, for good or evil, with Ms Michelle, that are reporting.

Sure she will work again when there is an audience, even if it means 'An Evening with Lea Michelle, direct from Broadway[and Glee], for ONE afternoon only', in Outer Minsk. Please leave your animals at the door and remember, it's now only TWO people to every seat--we must respect social distancing.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#132Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 10:11pm

AADA81 said: "I've heard stories about Lea Michele over the years, so I can't say I'm surprised by this. However, I do take exception to the arena of public thrashing that social media has become. This isn't about Michele, in particular. This is just the latest example ofpublicly attacking someone in an attempt to destroy their reputation, once and for all. Social media is the bully pulpit of all time. It's like the French Revolution or McCarthyism and the Black List, where dropping someone's name with an allegation, however unproven, destroyed or ended lives. Only social media blasts it to the world in a millisecond and it becomes a permanent record, with a response that's often out of proportion to the alleged offense.

The woman simply tweeted something yesterday in support of people involved in the current protests against racist systems. The response from'Glee' cast members are decades old, unresolved issues and resentments that have nothing to do with this and yet are now destroying this person's life. And the amount of "glee" being expressed over this is disturbing. There is no proportion here.
"

You got it wrong. The response was of disbelief from a woman of color on her racially inclined and unacceptable behaviors.

It is times like these when people should call out the real agressors. She has all the right to call her out as a non-ally and retractor for the black community.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#133Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 10:15pm

gypsy101 said: "i was chatting with my best friend and we did happen on the realization that her career hasn’t been exactly stellar the last few years and this is just publicity for her she hasn’t had in a long time... i feel like it might help her get more work and by the time that happens this whole thing will have been forgotten by the public"

Yes, I'm sure all producers are dying to cast her as Dainty June asap.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#134Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 10:20pm

She’ll make her triumphant return in “Love Letters” with Kevin Spacey at the Burt Reynolds dinner theatre in 13 years.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#135Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 10:40pm

She’s had this coming for YEARS. I imagine more people will speak out whenever she issues her bullsh*t apology.

Notice how there are tweets covering almost EVERY high profile professional job she has had.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#136Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 10:52pm

AADA81 said: "

The woman simply tweeted something yesterday in support of people involved in the current protests against racist systems. The response from'Glee' cast members are decades old, unresolved issues and resentments that have nothing to do with this and yet are now destroying this person's life. And the amount of "glee" being expressed over this is disturbing. There is no proportion here."

You don't understand why a black woman who Lea Michele treated like absolute scum would react to Lea tweeting support for BLM????

We have HAD it with people like Lea. We have been mistreated by entitled white people like Lea all our lives. It ends now.

kennin
#137Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 11:15pm

AADA81 said: "I've heard stories about Lea Michele over the years, so I can't say I'm surprised by this. However, I do take exception to the arena of public thrashing that social media has become. This isn't about Michele, in particular. This is just the latest example ofpublicly attacking someone in an attempt to destroy their reputation, once and for all. Social media is the bully pulpit of all time. It's like the French Revolution or McCarthyism and the Black List, where dropping someone's name with an allegation, however unproven, destroyed or ended lives. Only social media blasts it to the world in a millisecond and it becomes a permanent record, with a response that's often out of proportion to the alleged offense.

The woman simply tweeted something yesterday in support of people involved in the current protests against racist systems. The response from'Glee' cast members are decades old, unresolved issues and resentments that have nothing to do with this and yet are now destroying this person's life. And the amount of "glee" being expressed over this is disturbing. There is no proportion here.
"

You simply do not get it.  We live in a world where people are finally being forced to be accountable for their actions.  After Amy Cooper called the cops and lost her job and dog, she said that “this” has destroyed her life.  It wasn’t “this,” it was her behavior. You are blaming others for Lea’s life being ruined.  It is not unresolved issues or resentments that are doing this.  It is being caused by the fact she finally has to be accountable for HER actions.  

Updated On: 6/2/20 at 11:15 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#138Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 11:17pm

<3

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#139Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/2/20 at 11:32pm

NEVER    MIND

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 6/4/20 at 11:32 PM

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#140Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/3/20 at 1:06am

Pass me the smelling salts.This thread is shocking...

fbueller
#141Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/3/20 at 2:34am

#MeToo

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#142Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/3/20 at 3:25am

AADA81 said: "The woman simply tweeted something yesterday in support of people involved in the current protests against racist systems. The response from'Glee' cast members are decades old, unresolved issues and resentments that have nothing to do with this and yet are now destroying this person's life. And the amount of "glee" being expressed over this is disturbing. There is no proportion here."

Mmmmmm no. The woman simply tweeted something to appear to be in support of the BLM movement and a series of former co-stars came forward to call her out on using the hashtag and the movement to make herself look good because she has exhibited racist behavior against them in the past. The response from Glee cast members shows she has had these decades worth of racist tendencies and they have suffered from unresolved issues being unable to come forward about the bullying and mistreatment they suffered before now because the last time a cast member tried to step forward and call her out on her, they were not believed and so why would others risk being ridiculed like Naya was when at the time everyone was in Lea's corner and she was untouchable? 2020 is a different landscape now and people ain't buying it no more. The only person responsible for Lea's life being destroyed is herself. And her silence on the matter since it all went down is deafening.

Ravenclaw
#143Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/3/20 at 5:27am

To reiterate what others are saying, it's not that people are piling onto her after she nobly tweeted support of the black lives matter movement. Her black costars and coworkers are calling her solidarity for the movement into question because while she may tweet that black lives matter, her actions and behavior toward the black people around her indicate that her words are empty. If she really cares about black lives, she would show a little kindness to the black lives around her. Granted, these stories do indicate that it isn't just black lives that she's made miserable.

Which leads to an interesting philosophical question... Is being mean to people of color racist if you're uniformly nasty to people of every race? Like the comedians who call themselves "equal-opportunity offenders," in a way. But if you're causing that much harm and destruction to the people around you, does it really matter whether or not your motivations are race-related? 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#144Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/3/20 at 7:05am

It’s interesting to receive details and confirmation but surely her behaviour is already so well known within industry circles the damage was already done regardless of whether it was public or not.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#145Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/3/20 at 7:26am

Highland guy...typical that only responses on your side are "reasoned".

Kennin- you put thoughts out here perfectly, thank you.

Qolbina - in this world, the public knowing is still largely creating action. "It's not because they saw the video, it's because WE saw

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 6/3/20 at 07:26 AM

TrChSpHa
#146Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/3/20 at 7:28am

It only took two days and termination from HelloFresh

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA-HatxlQ6h/?igshid=d6hur26wafu8

LxGstv
#147Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/3/20 at 8:16am

Updated On: 6/3/20 at 08:16 AM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#148Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/3/20 at 8:16am

TrChSpHa said: "It only took two days and termination from HelloFresh

"

This took place yesterday (Wednesday).  Scroll up.  It was already discussed.  

MemorableUserName
#149Lea Michele Twitter
Posted: 6/3/20 at 8:26am

BrodyFosse123 said: "TrChSpHa said: "It only took two days and termination from HelloFresh

"

This took place yesterday (Wednesday). Scroll up. It was already discussed.

"

TrChSpHa is referring to the fact that it took two days and the HelloFresh termination for her to make that statement, which was posted on Instagram an hour ago.

Videos