pixeltracker

The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)- Page 2

The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)

TheBoyDownstairs Profile Photo
TheBoyDownstairs
#25re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 3:19pm

The balcony being above $30 is definitely ridiculous, oh well. This will just have to be a show I see one time, unfortunately.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#26re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 4:04pm

"If nobody is willing to pay that much, they can always lower the price"

When has this EVER happened?

I saw The Vertical Hour during it's final weeks and they had lowered all the seats to $60, without any discount code or anything.

But I agree about the prices. Maybe they're expecting Catherine Zeta-Jones to be a big draw, but I can't see her being THAT big, definitely not enough to sell out the house. A rush/lotto will most likely be set in place, so hopefully it's good because I certainly will be relying on that.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#27re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 4:07pm

Doesn't the Kerr have that balcony that looks more like the drop of doom? That if you lean forward you'd also be risking your life?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#28re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 4:11pm

Does the Kerr have SRO??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#29re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 4:12pm

You have got to be f****** kidding me.

I would love to see Angela, but I saw this production in the summer in London, and the Roundabout's before that...no way I'll be able to afford this if there's not a severe discount.

amoni2 Profile Photo
amoni2
#30re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 4:16pm

Gee, when you people said getting to see Angela Lansbury in another Stephen Sondheim musical on Broadway was priceless, you actually meant you wanted it at no price.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#31re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 4:19pm

Doesn't the Kerr have that balcony that looks more like the drop of doom? That if you lean forward you'd also be risking your life?

more or less. I like it because when it's empty, it feels like you're having your own private viewing. I don't know who agrees with me, but that's how I feel.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Updated On: 9/29/09 at 04:19 PM

#32re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 4:42pm

I just came back from lunch! THEY CHARGED ME TWICE AS MUCH FOR A STEAK AS THEY WERE CHARGING FOR A SALAD! I WOULD have eaten there 3-4 times a week, but now I'm ONLY GOING BACK ONCE A WEEK!

Harumph!

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#33re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 4:42pm

I was there once and I swore I'd never go up there again unless it was suicide. Don't know how being alone is different, but that balcony gives me vertigo bad time.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#34re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 4:51pm

Joe, how DARE they!

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#35re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 6:32pm

Yes, the Kerr has SRO.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#36re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 6:43pm

re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)

Just looking at the photo taken in the balcony of the Walter Kerr makes me dizzy.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#37re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 7:30pm

Not to invalidate those who are saying it is expensive, but honestly aren't most concerts top price seats in the 150-175 dollar range for one performer and those are much larger venues. If someone will pay 175-225 for Stevie Nicks, Bette Midler, or Cher, isn't it feasible to charge $132 for Lansbury and Zeta-Jones? Again, I am not saying it isn't expensive, but it is in line with other entertainment prices, if not a little cheaper. Plus, you're paying for pedigree, I mean a multiple Tony winner and an Oscar winner and no one will be lip synching.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#38re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 7:51pm

I have no problem with the price and will pay it, it's a long way to come from Australia without a seat reserved in advance.

But the problem I do have is this new aisle seating crap, I would gladly pay extra from the aisle, but why do I have to buy two tickets?

Also tickets have not gone on sale yet?

I know about the amex pre sale

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
Updated On: 9/29/09 at 07:51 PM

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#39re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 8:07pm

Well I know where my seasonal bonus is going now......

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#40re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 8:32pm

ATC is even more mad than us! But that's not shocking, lol.
They want to complain to the box office! That will do so much.

Plum
#41re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/29/09 at 11:47pm

I got over my terror of the balcony once I was firmly seated when I saw Gem of the Ocean.

(I'm trying to be optimistic here, dammit. There go my plans to buy advance tickets with friends.)

singtome8
#42re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/30/09 at 12:03am

How long are tickets usually on sale before discount codes are available? They go on sale on Wednesday, 9/30 correct?(Oh thats technically today isn't it..) and I was planning on getting tickets like.. now because I really want to see this, but will discount codes be out soon most likely?

ThankstoPhantom
#43re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/30/09 at 12:03am

These prices are awful...the ENTIRE theatre (sans 2 rows) is over $100, and seats that force everyone to lean over each other are priced at nearly $60?

Good luck to them...

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

RentBoy86
#44re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/30/09 at 12:27am

Did this get that good of reviews in London? I'd be excited, but Nunn's recent track record hasn't been that good, right?

I sat in the balcony for Seagull and didn't hate it, but that's probably because I was so into the production. But at intermission I realized my legs were hurting from having to hold them against my seat so I wouldn't fall forward.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#45re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/30/09 at 12:41am

I believe the reviews were positive in London. Brantley liked it, but had issues with the supporting cast.

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#46re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/30/09 at 1:59am

They've been doing the higher-priced aisle seats for a couple of years. I believe it started with GYPSY at the St. James. I could be wrong about that, but that's what I remember anyway.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#47re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/30/09 at 4:01am

Aisle seating pricing is a Jujamcyn Theatre intiative, not the work of the producers of shows in their theatres.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#48re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/30/09 at 5:22am

I do HATE the aisle pricing thing. Think that's it's absolutely ridiculous.

I'm not sure about the uproar over pricing....while I think it's obnoxious, I think ALL non-discounted seats are obnoxious. However, it's the way America works: if the market will bear it, they will price it. Theater is NOT a "right", it is not a "necessity" like food and clothes. It's entertainment, and a live event. Those come at a premium.

I'm a single mom with two kids. Money is not running rampant through my fingers. But I make other sacrifices to afford going to the theater. And if I can't afford it -- I just don't go. And if the cost is going to keep you to ONLY seeing it once, big deal. Be grateful that you could have that experience...many will not.

And yes, I think there are plenty of people that will pay just about anything to see Lansbury and/or Zeta Jones.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#49re: The 'A Little Night Music' ticket pricing scale.... (ugh)
Posted: 9/30/09 at 7:28am

Welcome to Broadway 2009

Well, looks like another one to cross off.

Gordon Gekko is smiling now.

Poster Emeritus