pixeltracker

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want- Page 5

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want

NewsiesForever Profile Photo
NewsiesForever
#100The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 10:54pm

I would have loved if they had made a cast album for the Newsies closing cast. Corey Cott, Ben Fanhauser, Andy Richardson, Giuseppe Bausilios, Nico Greetham, Tommy Martinez, Danny Quadrino. 

Also I wish that they would have made a cast album from Ever After. If they are not going to take it to Broadway, still hope they do, I wish that they would have made a cast album.

broadwayboy223
#101The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 11:34pm

I'd like an Ever after recording as well. I'm dying to hear audio of Jane Krakowski in the Xanadu workshop. 

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#102The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/13/15 at 11:36pm

I would also like to hear The Highest Yellow.  It had a great cast and it sounds interesting. 

I also could've gone for A Little Miss Sunshine cast recording.  I would've liked to have heard it since I didn't get to see it.

VintageSnarker
#103The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 12:48am

I'd like an Ever After recording for a handful of songs and because there can never be too much James Snyder. He sounded fantastic. I didn't really like any of the ballads though and while she was great, I don't think anything they wrote for Christine Ebersole really worked. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#104The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 12:53am

Tales of the City.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#105The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 1:14am

1998 London revival of Into the Woods with Sophie Thompson, Jenna Russell and Sheridan Smith

2004 Broadway revival of La Cage aux folles with Gary Beach

1996 London revival of Guys and Dolls with Imelda Staunton as Adelaide

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#106The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 1:24am

"d.g.e.l.g.i

Corrected spelling of his name . A copy would be great. Thanks. Are you talking of an audio or video? Either one would be great"

It's g.d.e.l.g.i., but that's cool, everyone screws it up. And I'm speaking of an audio. Check your private messages.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky
Updated On: 8/14/15 at 01:24 AM

lotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
#107The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 5:23am

"^^Is there a cast album or are you talking about her Marilyn tribute album?

"Some tracks were recorded, but no OLC was ever released.

From the same year, I would also like to have the NT production of  Marvin Hamlisch's  'Jean Seberg'

KC91WFU
#108The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 6:53am

Billy Elliot Broadway Cast with Trent Kowalik or Giuseppe Bausillo 

Hedwig with Andrew Rannells  ( In my opinion his vocal performance was one of the best)

ChiTheaterFan
#109The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 6:57am

I wish there were a hedwig Broadway recording with pretty much anyone other than NPH. (Well, I never saw Michael c hall.) I never saw him but I don't love the recording. I have the movie soundtrack but the arrangements are just a bit different (especially sugar daddy which I greatly prefer the Broadway version.)

jonahke
#110The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 12:18pm

The cast recording of the 2012 London revival of A Chorus Line. It's such a shame this recording got canceled The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want

I also think it's sad that they didn't give Hitlist (Smash) a cast album like they gave Bombshell AND I would've loved an English recording (or just a bonus single) of Wicked with the marvelous Willemijn Verkaik.

Updated On: 8/14/15 at 12:18 PM

Spotlight61
#111The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 12:20pm

The London cast of Footloose in 2006.

DigificWriter
#112The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 1:08pm

A * COMPLETE WORK * recording of Jekyll & Hyde featuring the original Broadway cast.

Note: By "* COMPLETE WORK * recording" I mean a recording that has every finished song from the score sung by Cuccioli and Co.  (so this would include songs like The World Has Gone Insane, I Need to Know,  Bitch! Bitch! Bitch!, If You Only Knew, Girls of the Night, Jekyll's version of Once Upon a Dream, the Once Upon a Dream (Reprise) finale, the full version of Streak of Madness, Jekyll's Plea, Sympathy, Tenderness (Reprise), Bring on the Men, and Here's to the Night recorded alongside the songs (save for Obsession) featured on the Original Broadway Cast Recording originally released in 1997).

Updated On: 8/14/15 at 01:08 PM

g.d.e.l.g.i.
#113The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 3:36pm

In the vein of DigificWriter's post, how about a series of studio cast recordings designed specifically to reflect the licensed version of a show? As many an author will tell you, some shows don't remain frozen once they've opened on Broadway. Many of the formula spectaculars like Phantom and Wicked still monkeyed around with material well into their runs, either in the original Broadway production, in the West End, on tour, in a revival, etc., and a lot of shows that appeared on Broadway in one rendition are licensed in a version that is significantly different, but not reflected in any official recording of the show. (This would also be especially useful for shows like God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater that are now available for licensing but lack any reference recording other than a composer demo.)

There is at least one subset of glaring examples to point to. Many of Frank Wildhorn's musicals (as DfW sort of pointed out) do not have any recording that completely, accurately reflects the version of the show that is licensed (in addition to Jekyll & Hyde, which is licensed in two or three separate versions from MTI, none of which have a reference recording that reflects them, there is still no Scarlet Pimpernel recording that reflects the show as licensed).

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

RSrichie Profile Photo
RSrichie
#114The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 4:17pm

The London Guys & Dolls revival with Jane Krakowski & Ewan McGregor!  Jane was phenomenal  the orchestrations were terrific.

Lestat  the San Francisco version was better than Broadway (not that it takes much)

Eric Whiacre's anamie techno pop opera Paradise Lost:  Shadows & Wings with the original Pasadena cast  the sound was incredible!

RSrichie Profile Photo
RSrichie
#115The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 4:33pm

Whistle Down The Wind - the D.C. tryput was sung gorgeously by Davis Gaines, Irene Malloy and the entire cast.  Yes, it needed work but was a million times better than the unwatchable London production.  NEVER let Hal Prince go!!'  Would be a beautiful recording!

NewsiesForever
#116The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 5:20pm

"Billy Elliot Broadway Cast with Trent Kowalik or Giuseppe Bausillo 

Hedwig with Andrew Rannells  ( In my opinion his vocal performance was one of the best)

I would like to 2nd that, I would love to have the Billy Elliot cast album with Giuseppe Bausillo, his performance was truly spectacular. 

NewsiesForever
#117The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 5:24pm

delete accidently double post

Updated On: 8/14/15 at 05:24 PM

g.d.e.l.g.i.
#118The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 5:32pm

"Whistle Down The Wind - the D.C. tryout was sung gorgeously by Davis Gaines, Irene Malloy and the entire cast.  Yes, it needed work but was a million times better than the unwatchable London production.  NEVER let Hal Prince go!!'  Would be a beautiful recording!"

Frankly, I liked things about both versions of the show, but I do miss a lot of the orchestrations of the D.C. original. They had a folksy, Cajun feel that, while it was never totally authentic (and how could it be?), felt more truthful to the story than the straight-up rock of some of the London arrangements. I've always wanted to do a production with orchestrations that struck a balance between the folksy/Cajun feel for the townspeople, Boone, and the kids, the rock for young rebels-without-a-clue Candy and Amos (and Swallow, gradually, as she becomes more rebellious), and the overdramatic Steinman/Webber hybrid pop arias for The Man.

Ultimately, however, I feel the book and score material itself, divorced from any particular orchestration or arrangement, was at its best in the London version that is currently licensed (barring some little omissions that I would restore).

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Updated On: 8/14/15 at 05:32 PM

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#119The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 5:42pm

God Bless You, Mr Rosewater

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#120The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 7:16pm

I think I had heard on the board that a studio cast album of Rosewater was being done. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Poster Emeritus

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#121The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 8:48pm

Regarding Mr. Rosewater, I know the York Theatre did it as part of its Mufti concert series some time ago. I don't recall if they recorded an album for the production, but they may very well have.

It was also the York that recorded the aforementioned Body Beautiful CD.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#122The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 9:02pm

I'm still bummed FOUND was never recorded.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#123The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 9:08pm

I definitely would have loved a Broadway cast recording of Dracula even if I'm the only one who would have bought it. I like Doug Besterman's orchestrations better than the licensed orchestrations, though there isn't an English language recording of the licensed orchestrations either.

I echo the previous comments regarding a Scarlet Pimpernel recording with the licensed orchestrations and song stack. They made so many changes that you can't really use any of the existing English language recordings for reference. I'd love a studio recording that preserved the new versions of "You are My Home" and the fun dance music in "The Creation of Man" and all the other fun changes they made. It's a shame that they only recorded a few tracks with Rachel York and Rex Smith instead of just heading back into the studio and preserving all of the changes.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#124The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
Posted: 8/14/15 at 9:25pm

The first that comes to mind is Billy Porter's "Being Alive", which was a Sondheim revue with an entirely African American cast. The music was rearranged to meld Sondheim and Gospel. - Incredible!!!

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."