pixeltracker

Which cast recording are you currently listening to on repeat?- Page 2

Which cast recording are you currently listening to on repeat?

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#25Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 2:29pm

quizking101 said: "The Color Purple - because Cynthia Erivo

"

I second that. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#26Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 2:37pm

Right now, Hamilton. This has to be one of the best sounding cast recordings I've heard. It's obvious that they put a lot of work into that one. 

I just received my copy of the concept album for Hadestown  from Amazon and I'm sure it will soon be on repeat. 

sgreen3 Profile Photo
sgreen3
#27Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 2:41pm

Hamilton on occasion still, but it was all I listened to for several months after I saw the show in February. In love with She Loves Me (2016 cast) at the moment. Just brought a copy to my mom; I gave her my login for the livestream during the viewing window and she loved it, and hearing her listen to the soundtrack made me want to re-listen.

AuntSuzzy
#28Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 2:42pm

While waiting for the Hadestown OCR (heard they recorded it) I'm also deeply into Anais Mitchell's concept album. 

Updated On: 7/24/16 at 02:42 PM

indytallguy
#29Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 2:43pm

The Color Purple revival, select tracks from Fun Home, select tracks from last revival of Passion, last revival of Assassins, and Caroline or Change.

I love Hamilton cast recording, but if I listen to it once it plays on repeat in my head for days and I can't get it out.

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#30Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 2:49pm

Indytallguy, I'm sure that will happen to me at some point. I'm one of the few on this board who had never heard the cast album until one week ago. I saw Hamilton for the first time last week and wanted to go in without hearing the OCR beforehand (which I do for all shows).  Now I can't get enough of it!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#31Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 3:03pm

I will also say fun home

i really have gotten sick of the Hamilton recording and Hamilton in general... I got the recording right when it came out in like September or October and I listened to it on repeat for a good 4-5 months and then my friend group got... That's when it took a turn for the worse. Every car ride after rehearsal or on the way to Steak 'n Shake after a show that's ALL they would listen to. I had to make it a rule in my car that Hamilton could be played once every ride. 

I still listen to it occasionally, but it's like there are far more deserving and IMPORTANT shows and recordings which deserve credit.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

aaaaaa15
#32Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 3:05pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I still listen to it occasionally, but it's like there are far more deserving and IMPORTANT shows and recordings which deserve credit.

"

What makes a show 'far more deserving'?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#33Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 3:28pm

lol I actually kind of agree with Jorge, to a point. I listened to Hamilton SO MUCH for like 6 months, at which point I stopped because I would be seeing it in June and didn't want to not enjoy it. I will listen to a track here and there but I haven't listened to the whole album in months. I obviously still think it's a very important show though.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

BdwayLife
#34Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 4:04pm

Bonnie and Clyde. I seem to go back to it every few months. It's one of my few cast recordings that I play from start to end. The music and vocals are gorgeous--Jeremy Jordan and Laura Osnes! I regret not making it to NYC for this short-lived production.

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#35Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 4:15pm

She Loves Me (mostly the new Benanti version)
Hamilton
City of Angels
Kiss of the Spiderwoman

jessepp Profile Photo
jessepp
#36Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 4:38pm

The Last Starfighter

...is a puzzlement.

Pauly3
#37Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 5:01pm

Hamilton and Allegiance.  I bought each, along with School of Rock, at the same time back in March I think.  I have probably listened to Hamilton from beginning to end, either straight through or over multiple consecutive listening sessions, about 20 times.  Allegiance maybe 12.  And School of Rock 5.  Hamilton is probably the only one I have repeated more than once in a listening cycle.

5377brian Profile Photo
5377brian
#38Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 5:26pm

I'm currently obsessed with the "Heathers: The Musical".  And more particularly the songs Candy Store and Kindergarten Boyfriend 

Petrichor
#39Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 6:03pm

Waitress, Bright Star, and The King and I (2015).

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#40Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 6:38pm

https://www.amazon.de/Wicked-Das-Musical-German-Recording/dp/B00ICPC968/ref=sr_1_45?ie=UTF8&qid=1469313324&sr=8-45&keywords=wicked+recording

If you have an amazon account just sign in as you would in the US. you can do the same with amazon UK.

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

denali.fire
#41Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 6:42pm

I'm still into the King and I 2015.  I havent really gotten much past the overture.  Kelli is phenomenal.  Ashley Park does a stunning job in all of her four songs.   She stirs my spirit methinks she should have gotten a tony nomination for her performance.  

denali.fire
#42Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 6:43pm

I listened to B&C for over a year...non-stop.

mmFan Profile Photo
mmFan
#43Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 7:00pm

In the car, it's a toss up of Waitress and Matilda.

Can also listen to Mamma Mia, Wicked, Something Tottenham's Rent over and over.

TigerBait88 Profile Photo
TigerBait88
#44Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 8:05pm

I've been obsessing over The Great Comet. Can listen to it everyday and it still leaves me in tears. Definitely a new contender for my new favorite show in terms of music alone.

Also have had both Matilda recordings playing like crazy along with Hamilton, Aladdin, the full-length Phantom movie recording and Heathers. Like Brian, I LOVE me some Kindergarten Boyfriend. 

Still need to check out Bright Star. Just haven't taken the time. 

Updated On: 7/23/16 at 08:05 PM

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#45Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 8:21pm

Waitress....with an occasional side turn to Bridges of Madison County.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#46Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 8:31pm

I've listened to a few albums throughout this week:

Waitress

She Loves Me (2016)

Ghost Quartet

Parade

Gypsy (200Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?

South Pacific (200Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?

Fun Home

Into the Woods (OBC)

The Great Comet

My Fair Lady (OBC)

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#47Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 9:06pm

Since Sirius Channel 72 is on nonstop in the car (like probably many of you on BWW), the tunes I listen to from my iPhone are basically to accompany my jogging. Hence:

Hamilton

Bridges of Madison County

Mack & Mabel

Once On This Island

Titanic (I was recently on a cruise)

Parade (I just started a job in Atlanta, so...)

Dolly's Levi's Profile Photo
Dolly's Levi's
#48Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/23/16 at 9:31pm

CATSNYrevival said: "I'm going shamefully admit that I've had Starlight Express on repeat the last couple of days. I'll show myself out.

Stay right where you are.  NEVER apologize for Starlight Express.  ????

zjb8
#49Which soundtrack are you currently listening to on repeat?
Posted: 7/24/16 at 2:24am

I only recently started listening to Grey Gardens for the first time and now I'm absolutely obsessed!

Videos