pixeltracker

Official 2017 TONY Nominations Thread- Page 3

Official 2017 TONY Nominations Thread

broadwayboy223
#50Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 8:53am

Surprised to see no Amber Gray. Also Anastasia didn't get much love either... Thrilled for Jenn Colella!

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#51Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 8:53am

Completely shut out:

-Charlie

-Amelie

-A Bronx Tale

-Cats

-Sunset Boulevard

-The Encounter (with the obvious exception of their Special Tony) 

-Oh, Hello

-The Cherry Orchard

-Les Liaisons Dangereuses 

-In Transit

-Significant Other

I'm most sad about Amber Grey, personally.

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#52Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 8:54am

I know any nomination for FALSETTOS should probably be considered a victory, but i REALLY want it to win just 1 of the 5. I don't even care which one. 

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#53Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 8:54am

Surprised Kate Whoriskey was snubbed for directing Sweat (and the show didn't receive any design nominations).  I would have put her in over Sam Gold for A Doll's House, which I loved but whose direction was similar to that of the west coast production.

hellobroadway
#54Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 8:55am

So annoying that a dreadful show like The Great Comet got nominated. 

Also, super super bummed that Gideon got snubbed. His performance was beyond! 

ForB4
#55Official TONY Nominations Thread

BroadwayConcierge said: "Disappointed in no Amber Gray.

VERY disappointed in no Gideon Glick.

Also, Anastasia only got two nominations! Crazy.

"

Wasn't expecting too much for Anastasia but man, I was really pulling for Christy Altomare to get a nom

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#56Official TONY Nominations Thread

No best score for War Paint is really odd. "PINK" is quite a fantastic song.

actorgaedu Profile Photo
actorgaedu
#57Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 8:56am

Boy!  Anastasia & Amelie were snubbed!  Also Josh Groban over Jon Jon Briones?   I don't think so!  I hate the political games the Tony committee plays because someone is a celebrity.  So much inconsistency with the number of nominees in each category.  I am very surprised that there weren't at least 5 Best Musical nominees.  IMO, too much love for Comet. Blah!

Theater anywhere, anytime and with anyone. It's my passion.

brdway411
#58Official TONY Nominations Thread

We all know Ben and Bette are going to win...

elephantseye
#59Official TONY Nominations Thread

No big surprises, except for Mike Faist, who is an unbelievably welcome one. I'm absolutely thrilled for the Falsettos cast; by far my favorite show of the season, and I'm glad that all four (adult) actors snagged a nom.

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#60Official TONY Nominations Thread

Even though the reviews for Amelie were not good, I still feel badly for Philippa Soo. These also don't bode well for Bandstand either.

briansb
#61Official TONY Nominations Thread

Absolutely thrilled for the cast + creative of A Doll's House Part 2. Also very happy for the Falsettos cast! Biggest surprises for me are no Gideon Glick, no Allison Janney, Mike Faist getting into a very crowded category, and Groundhog Day and Jitney love (not saying that either didn't deserve it, just reaped more bids than I was expecting). 

broadwayboy223
#62Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 8:57am

RippedMan said: "No best score for War Paint is really odd. "PINK" is quite a fantastic song.

"

THATS WHAT IM SAYING. In all seriousness I didn't care for Groundhog Day's score. I hope we get Christine singing it on the Tony's or at least them both doing Face To Face. 

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#63Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 8:58am

The only categories I got totally right was Direction of Musical, and Best Musical.

SHOCKED about Anastasia!

I'm pretty sure "Sunset Boulevard" was also shut out...I thought Orchestrations At LEAST was a lock. 

DEH's total is kinda low, IMO, but they got shut out of a few of the technical things, but I'll say it again, MIKE FAIST HOLY SH*T. 

GOOD for Falsettos. It is always nice to see closed shows get love. ALSO, should be interesting to see how "Charlie" markets that: they DO have a 2017 Tony Nominee as their lead. Just...not for that show.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#64Official TONY Nominations Thread

I am THRILLED with these nominations. I don't remember the last time I wholeheartedly agreed so much with award nominations (of any kind!).

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#65Official TONY Nominations Thread

Really surprised by the lack of Great Comet in the featured actress category and Mike Faists inclusion in the featured actor category. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

persephone88
#66Official TONY Nominations Thread

So delighted to see Mike Faist nominated!! Wow! Feel bad that Will Roland was not also nominated, as his part was more of a balancing act and he did it well.

Very surprised at no Amber Gray, and sad that Gideon Glick did not get a nomination. 

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#67Official TONY Nominations Thread

I totally forgot about A Bronx Tale.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#68Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:00am

I would say David Hyde Pierce is one of my least favorite parts of the show and he feels totally miscast in the role.

MadsonMelo
#69Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:01am

A Bronx Tale, In Transit, Sunset Blvd., Charlie and Amélie entirely SHUT OUT!

Janney was snubbed, Parker too! Funny and to show how lead actor was weak, both their co-star got nominated!

The cast of Doll's House and Falsettos basically all in, AMAZING!

Hello, Dolly! and The Great Comet with most noms, predictable, but deserving.

How did Field was the sole nominee for Menagerie??? Outrageous!

Just like the last Mackintosh revival, the production only got nominated for Best Revival and the lead star lol

They do love Condola Rashad, don't they?

Faist didn't deserved this nomination, imo.

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#70Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:02am

THREE-TIME TONY NOMINEE ANDY KARL!!!!!

GROUNDHOG did better than I anticipated... but it's sorta like voters only saw the four nominated musicals LOL... Can he beat BEN PLATT??? Or is it a done deal??

I hope ANDREW RANNELLS or BRANDON URANOWITZ wins FEATURED!!!!!

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#71Official TONY Nominations Thread

The shocking Musical moments for me, both good and bad...

- No 5th slot? Wow! With all the shows this year that almost feels like a slap in the face to the likes of Anastasia, War Paint, and Bandstand that they didn't come close enough.
- Saigon over Sunset was REALLY want I wanted but didn't expect to happen so that's VERY pleasing.
- Going off that, NOTHING for Sunset at all? Not even Orchestrations. Ouch.
- No Altomare! Nooooooooooooo!!!
- Eva Noblezada yes but Jon Jon Briones no? Wrong one got the nom.
- Mike Faist slipping in feature actor, the nomination I didn't see coming and I didn't realize I wanted until it happened

But..... the BIG shocker of all shockers....
- Mary Beth Peil gets in featured actress over BOTH Great Comet women AND O'Connor in her own show?! Of EVERYONE and EVERYTHING in that show... THIS is 50% of it's nominations?! WOW! WHAT THE HELL?!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#72Official TONY Nominations Thread

Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812 – 12
Hello, Dolly! – 10
Dear Evan Hansen – 9
A Doll's House, Part 2 – 8
Come From Away – 7
Groundhog Day The Musical – 7
Oslo – 7
August Wilson's Jitney – 6
Lillian Hellman's The Little Foxes – 6
Falsettos – 5
War Paint – 4
Indecent – 3
Present Laughter – 3
Sweat – 3
Anastasia – 2
Bandstand – 2
The Front Page – 2
Miss Saigon – 2
Six Degrees of Separation – 2

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

JankiH2 Profile Photo
JankiH2
#73Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:03am

YAY! So happy for Eva! "Unfortunately" I do think Bette (who I love love love) will win (not saying I think she is better than Eva, but hey politics), but so glad Eva got a nomination, thought she was snubbed at the Oliviers <3

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#74Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:04am

I'm so happy for all of the ADHP2 love. I expected them to get 3 noms, maybe 6 but 8 is insane. Very well deserved.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.