What is your avatar?

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#25What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 2:13pm

Well, I'm just mortified! Mortified, I tell you! Ya'll have such cool avatars, full of meaning related to your favorite theater experiences.

My avatar is just a picture of a woman in a white fedora. I was writing a lyric to a 40s-style ballad titled "The Girl in the White Fedora" and I realized I wasn't entirely sure what a fedora looked like. My husband found that photo for me and it was handy when I joined here.

I think I'll go look for something a little more meaningful now... (And maybe something that doesn't confuse other posters into thinking I'm a woman.)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#26What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 2:13pm

Mine is the original marquee for the Broadway Theatre during the original Broadway run of EVITA.  

BlackElleWoods Profile Photo
BlackElleWoods
#27What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 2:18pm

Mine is Me lol 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#28What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 2:31pm

Mine is a photograph that I took of the door to Box 5 at the Palais Garnier in Paris. According to the staff, the door is kept locked at all times.

If my French-to-English translation is not faulty, the signage reads:

6 Seats | 5 | Reserved
Box of the Phantom of the Opera

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage
Updated On: 7/17/17 at 02:31 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#29What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 2:56pm

mine is also me lol i couldn't decide on a specific theatrical image so i just used myself

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#30What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 3:07pm

Mine's a photo from Finding Neverland when it was at ART in Cambridge. This song is called "Rearranging the Furniture." It's one of the songs that never made it to Broadway. Jeanna de Waal (Mary Barrie) sang it, and the ensemble (and Jeremy Jordan) had hilarious choreography.

Updated On: 7/17/17 at 03:07 PM

Cat Guy Profile Photo
Cat Guy
#31What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 3:19pm

My current avatar (it changes often) is Cate Blanchett.  My twice-yearly visits to London in 2018 will be scheduled to allow me to see her on stage in the West End production of "All About Eve".

Here is my favorite actress ever, in my favorite scene in any film ever, from my favorite film ever.

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#32What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 3:50pm

rcwr said: "Mine's a photo from Finding Neverland when it was at ART in Cambridge. This song is called "Rearranging the Furniture." It's one of the songs that never made it to Broadway. Jeanna de Waal (Mary Barrie) sang it, and the ensemble (and Jeremy Jordan) had hilarious choreography.

I loved that scene as well.   Disappointed when they cut it from the Broadway production.   

My avatar is the Playbill Pride "P"---took for my name Paul and the Pride Rainbow.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#33What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 3:59pm

Mine is from the funny and informative book "Woof! The Gay Man's Guide to Dogs" by Andrew DePrisco.  The illustrations by Jason O'Malley are adorable. 

What is your avatar?

If anyone is interested in seeing more, click here.  I chose the pic because gay men and dogs are two of my favorite things.

mlsheehan Profile Photo
mlsheehan
#34What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:00pm

Mine is Cheyenne Jackson as Rocky.  While I didn't see this production, I do love me some Rocky Picture Show (and, of course, a hot man in gold lame bikini).   At the time that I selected this one, I was rather taken with Mr. Jackson.   Perhaps less so now, but I did enjoy seeing him is All Shook Up, Broadway Bares, and Xanadu.

I am still rather interested in the boys that play Rocky though!

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#35What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:04pm

Mine is the Earth obviously but it's also the emblem of the Global Coalition for Peace which reminds us we're all in this together.

Stephanatic

carnzee
#36What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:24pm

GavestonPS said: "Well, I'm just mortified! Mortified, I tell you! Ya'll have such cool avatars, full of meaning related to your favorite theater experiences.

My avatar is just a picture of a woman in a white fedora. I was writing a lyric to a 40s-style ballad titled "The Girl in the White Fedora" and I realized I wasn't entirely sure what a fedora looked like. My husband found that photo for me and it was handy when I joined here.

I think I'll go look for something a little more meaningful now... (And maybe something that doesn't confuse other posters into thinking I'm a woman.)

"

I wish you'd consider keeping it, gaveston.

I've always loved it,plus I associate it with you. 

I thought it was either Carol Lombard or Lucille Ball! 

It does bug me that your name is "gaveston" because I always read it as "Galveston." 

BakerWilliams Profile Photo
BakerWilliams
#37What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:51pm

GavestonPS's avatar is of Lucille Ball in her pre-I Love Lucy days (back when she was considered something of a rare beauty.

"In memory, everything happens to music"

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#38What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 6:11pm

Mine is the Vic Firth logo. I am a percussionist and I have been using their products for years.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#39What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 6:11pm

Mine is a single frame of a gif that made me laugh hysterically- synchronized to music, the robot turtle (Blastoise if you're a millennial or a gamer) pounds frantically on the piano in time to the insane piano solo at the beginning of "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" by Genesis.

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#40What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 6:38pm

Mine is the alien, Roger, from the cartoon series "American Dad" performing a cruise ship version of "Xanadu" from the episode "Vacation Goo".  I used to watch that show religiously and always wondered who, besides my sister and me, would get all the obscure musical theatre references (though this one is also a movie musical).  Surely not the average Joe who watches "American Dad" and "Family Guy". 

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

MattRVA Profile Photo
MattRVA
#41What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 6:51pm

It's a picture of my dog. She barks and snores, and she hates loud noises. Would be a terrible theatre patron.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#42What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 7:01pm

Mine is the "Here's Johnny!" shot from The Shining, except Jack Nicholson is a cat. It has no meaning other than that it amuses me. And I love cats.

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#43What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 7:37pm

This is a fun thread!

Mine is in Ms. Lansbury's dressing room at Night Music-she was incredibly gracious and the entire room smelled of lavender which made me think of the Talulah Bankhead joke in Bea Arthur's one woman show...

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#44What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 11:29pm

Gaveston - I hope you don't change your avatar. I've come to associate it with you so much I might just have a heart attack! What is your avatar?

As for mine, my username says it - but Dorothy Collins is, and always will be, definitive.

"Now folks we bring you, di-rect from Phoenix,  live and in person,

SALLY DURANT!"

Skip to 7:15 for a real treat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4t7rqykfkk

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#45What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/17/17 at 11:33pm

It's me!

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#46What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 1:11am

I've enjoyed reading everyone's post here!  It's been over a year since I joined Broadway World and so many avatars are familiar "faces".

I took my late Cuban mom to see "On Your Feet" in February 2016.  After going, I decided it was the year to catch up with a lot of missed theater.  Hamilton was in my repetoire and led me here to read about the cancellation line.

My avatar is the number 17.  The amount of hours I spent on the Hamilton Cancellation Line and didn't get a ticket.  In giving advice to others on how much time I spent in line, I kept stressing the number 17, and I was called out on it.  So I made my identity 17 ( it's my birth date as well, and the year my mom passed, '17 so it works) smiley

Updated On: 7/18/17 at 01:11 AM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#47What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 1:34am

Currently it's ben Platt in front of the DEH opening night step and repeat

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#48What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 7:53am

mlsheehan said: "Mine is Cheyenne Jackson as Rocky."

I would never have recognized him.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#49What is your avatar?
Posted: 7/18/17 at 7:53am

carnzee said: "It does bug me that your name is "gaveston" because I always read it as "Galveston." "

Me too!