pixeltracker

Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?

Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#1Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 9:41am

Im really struggling with the ticket prices. I know theyre starting to drop, and that no one can see the future, but do you see the show being on TKTS this winter/discounts coming out?

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 9:45am

I have no doubt it will be on TKTS.

StageJunkie2
#3Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 10:02am

With the obscene orchestra seat pricing they’ve decided on, I’ll be shocked if it isn’t on TKTS daily.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#4Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 10:35am

Yes, it should be on TKTS regularly.

Maybe it recoups 40% on Broadway, but I predict it will close at a loss due to lack of interest from broad audiences.

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#5Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 10:56am

suicidalmickeymouse said: "Im really struggling with the ticket prices. I know theyre starting to drop, and that no one can see the future, but do you see the show being on TKTS this winter/discounts coming out?"

Too difficult to type out a three word title in a subject line? Got it. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#6Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 11:00am

Matt Rogers said: "suicidalmickeymouse said: "Im really struggling with the ticket prices. I know theyre starting to drop, and that no one can see the future, but do you see the show being on TKTS this winter/discounts coming out?"

"

If you don't know what JLP means, then you probably don't have any insight to offer anyway. What's the purpose of your post? More unnecessary snark...

Matt Rogers
#7Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 11:03am

CT2NYC said: "Matt Rogers said: "suicidalmickeymouse said: "Im really struggling with the ticket prices. I know theyre starting to drop, and that no one can see the future, but do you see the show being on TKTS this winter/discounts coming out?"

"

If you don't know what JLP means, then you probably don't have any insight to offer anyway. What's the purpose of your post? More unnecessary snark...
"

My point is that it should not be that difficult to type three short words in the subject line of a thread. That's all. 

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#8Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 11:19am

I'm attending a performance about midway through the preview period. I went back to check prices and they have dropped, but there are VERY few non-premium seats left at my performance and they are mostly on the far sides.

This will do well for a while, but not sure about having any real legs on Broadway. I think it would tour well, though.

Idina Menzel did an early reading. Did she not continue due to availability, or was it something else?  I wonder if a name lead like that in addition to the title might have given this a better shot on Broadway. (Of course, it could still turn out to be a hit. Who knows for sure?)

I'm sending pictures of the most amazing trees/You'll be obsessed with all my forest expertise

Michael19
#9What is JLP?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 11:33am

I havent the foggiest.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#10Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 11:41am

I have no interest in getting into heated back and forth about this, but I just want to chime in and say that abbreviating show titles is nothing new, and it doesn't seem like a big deal at all. And for that matter, abbreviations in general are pretty par for the course in our culture these days. I guess you could call it laziness, but it doesn't seem to harm anybody. And getting irritated whenever someone uses and an initialism seems like it must be exhausting. Curious if Matt Rogers also finds it irritating when people type "ASAP," or that the government uses the term "FBI" - after all, how hard is it to say "Federal Bureau of Investigation"? 

Also, as a side-note, I find that longer thread titles make the main page look kind of messy and cluttered. I think it looks neater, and is easier to process, when the thread titles take up less space. So abbreviations help with that. 

Anyway, just my two cents. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#11Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 12:00pm

carolinaguy said: "Idina Menzel did an early reading. Did she not continue due to availability, or was it something else? I wonder if a name lead like that in addition to the title might have given this a better shot on Broadway. (Of course, it could still turn out to be a hit. Who knows for sure?)"

Perhaps she didn't want to or wasn't available. Could have also been a matter of Elizabeth Stanley getting rave reviews in Boston; even if Menzel had been available, it could have disrupted the alchemy of the ensemble to bring in a new star alongside a coherent cast.

Updated On: 9/23/19 at 12:00 PM

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#12Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 12:18pm

Speaking of the JLP abbreviation, I love the OBCR of SITPWG.

Matt Rogers
#13Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 12:28pm

BalconyClub said: "Speaking of the JLP abbreviation, I love the OBCR of SITPWG."

And I love AFTHOTWTTGOUAMSKCCONYC

And yes, that's the abbreviation of a real title. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#14Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 12:46pm

Matt Rogers said: "And I love AFTHOTWTTGOUAMSKCCONYC"

You mean "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Gynecologic Oncology Unit At the Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Center of New York City"?  I thought the play was just ok Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS? 

JSquared2
#15Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 1:12pm

WTFK

goodlead
#16Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 4:51pm

True!

mailhandler777
#17Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 5:20pm

carolinaguy said: "I'm attending a performance about midway through the preview period. I went back to check prices and they have dropped, but there are VERY few non-premium seats left at my performance and they are mostly on the far sides.

This will do well for a while, but not sure about having any real legs on Broadway. I think it would tour well, though.

Idina Menzel did an early reading. Did she not continue due to availability, or was it something else? I wonder if a name lead like that in addition to the title might have given this a better shot on Broadway. (Of course, it could still turn out to be a hit. Who knows for sure?)
"

Idina wasnt available for the ART run and was supposed to be on Broadway. Diana Paulus didn't want to split up the cast they had at ART so Elizabeth is continuing on with the show.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Pose2 Profile Photo
Pose2
#18Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/23/19 at 6:05pm

Curious if Matt Rogers also finds it irritating when people type "ASAP," or that the government uses the term "FBI" - after all, how hard is it to say "Federal Bureau of Investigation"?

Who cares what he thinks? He is just salty because he didn't know what JLP was referring to! Like, why else would he care? Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?

Also, as a side-note, I find that longer thread titles make the main page look kind of messy and cluttered. I think it looks neater, and is easier to process, when the thread titles take up less space. So abbreviations help with that.

Agree!

SouthernCakes
#19Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/24/19 at 1:43am

I think this will do “fine” but won’t be a hard ticket to get

BWAY Baby2
#20Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/24/19 at 5:16am

JAGGED LITTLE PILL- I had not idea what he was referring to either- but did try the letters in google and they had it. Come on- JLP is not on everyones radar- so the initials are understandably not comprehensible to many people. To compare these letters to FBI or another commonly used abbreviated terms is just being argumentative and unreasonable.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#21Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/24/19 at 6:47am

BWAY Baby2 said: "JAGGED LITTLE PILL- I had not idea what he was referring to either- but did try the letters in google and they had it. Come on- JLP is not on everyones radar- so the initials are understandably not comprehensible to many people. To compare these letters to FBI or another commonly used abbreviated terms is just being argumentative and unreasonable."

My point is that if JLP isn't on someone's radar, then they most likely haven't been following ticket sales, and, thus, aren't able to contribute anything to the conversation anyway, so best just to move along. Not every thread is meant for everyone to comment on. It's a free country, of course, but why bother?

Updated On: 9/24/19 at 06:47 AM

ModernMillie3 Profile Photo
ModernMillie3
#22Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/24/19 at 1:38pm

BWAY Baby2 said: "JAGGED LITTLE PILL- I had not idea what he was referring to either- but did try the letters in google and they had it. Come on- JLP is not on everyones radar- so the initials are understandably not comprehensible to many people. To compare these letters to FBI or another commonly used abbreviated terms is just being argumentative and unreasonable."

Not on a theater website. Keep up! Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?

magictodo123
#23Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/24/19 at 2:49pm

Matt Rogers said: "BalconyClub said: "Speaking of the JLP abbreviation, I love the OBCR of SITPWG."

"

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Gynecologic Oncology Unit at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center of New York City!!!

I love Halley Feiffers work. I've seen that, I'm Gonna Pray For You So Hard, and Moscow (x6). Big fan! 

Also--I could be really wrong about this, but wasn't the tryout in Boston at the same time as Skintight? 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#24Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/24/19 at 5:52pm

JBroadway said: "Matt Rogers said: "And I love AFTHOTWTTGOUAMSKCCONYC"

You mean "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Gynecologic Oncology Unit At the Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Center of New York City"? I thought the play was just ok Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?

I really needed a laugh today. Thank you!

And I am one who hates the initials. Just type out the name of the show. There have been a number that I couldn't figure out and just threw my hands up!

Just give the world Love.

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#25Predictions on whether JLP will be on TKTS?
Posted: 9/24/19 at 8:13pm

Matt Rogers said: "BalconyClub said: "Speaking of the JLP abbreviation, I love the OBCR of SITPWG."

"

Can it beat WAPTPAPATHONFKASAFTGSBTY1884-1915?