pixeltracker

THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21- Page 8

THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21

jo
#175THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Phttps://www.instagram.com/p/CXeviews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/15/21 at 7:56pm

A photo feature on Sutton & the young lead cast ( Gino C not included in photo) in the NewYorker.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXgtOltKaQx/

Keep swiping.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#176THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Phttps://www.instagram.com/p/CXeviews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/15/21 at 8:37pm

Sutton Ross said: "Do they legally have to put "partial view" on a ticket if it is, in fact, partial view? Because it's cool people got cheap seats to this show, but if you can't really see much, there is no point. You get what you pay for I suppose."

The question I always have is: How do they determine which seats are partial view for each show? They obviously don't have someone sit in every questionable seat to figure that out, so I think they just play it by ear. I'm sure there are seats in every theatre that they pre-designate "partial view," without even knowing for sure if they are, but I think they also wait until after performances begin to fine tune which seats to include or not include.

In addition, I'm guessing they take into account people's complaints about seats that were sold as full view, but which are clearly obstructed. I remember when Network's orchestra partial views first went on sale, it was just the last 2 seats on the far ends, which I'm guessing is standard at the Belasco, but, as the run went on, they added a lot more, due to the problematic sightlines created by the set.

I think we'll see refinement and clarification once previews start. That being said, the scenic design looks really wide, so maybe it will alleviate some of the sightline problems that other shows had.

THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Phttps://www.instagram.com/p/CXeviews 12/20/21

ElphabaGoodman
#177THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Phttps://www.instagram.com/p/CXeviews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/17/21 at 9:05am

Rush tickets will be available at the box office beginning Monday - $49. Limit two per person

jo
#178THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Phttps://www.instagram.com/p/CXeviews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/17/21 at 9:16am

Hugh pays tribute to his leading lady, Sutton!

It looks like we'll see a new Harold and a new Marion -- dancing and falling in love together!

https://twitter.com/RealHughJackman/status/1471843583833608205?s=20

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#179THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/17/21 at 9:24am

So there's a tap break in the middle of "76 Trombones"?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

bwayobsessed
#180THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/17/21 at 9:40am

I feel like that has to be the Finale. Marion wouldn’t dance in 76 trombones.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#181THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/17/21 at 3:33pm

I spoke with my agent friend with a lot of actors in Broadway shows and producers-agents are freaking out with what's happening with the covid outbreak on Broadway. He also stated the producers of The Music Man are very very nervous with previews starting on Monday. They have the largest cast-staff on Broadway and the last thing they want to do is to have to cancel any previews starting next week!!!frown

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#182THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/17/21 at 3:36pm

Is the invited dress rehearsal tomorrow or Sunday?

Do they normally try to fill up the house for invited dress?

sassylash3s
#183THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/17/21 at 7:58pm

The invited dress is tomorrow.  I'm supposed to be going, although with the way things are going, who knows?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#184THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/17/21 at 9:25pm

Luckily they'll be rehearsing during the day most days, no? So they could get tested in the morning and at least have some sort of game plan by the evening? 

angoradebs
#185THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/18/21 at 5:29pm

Like many on here, I had October 2020 tickets that are now January 2022 tickets, and, also like many on here, I'm mildly panicking. I'm hoping late January is long enough after Christmas that the holiday wave is over by then. I'm still (as of now) planning to go, but I'm going to be devastated if I held onto tickets for 2+ years only for it to be cancelled. I know I'm not alone here, but I've planned to attend since they first announced it in March 2019. It's been the thing I've looked forward to the most since the pandemic started.

I did buy a ticket for May as well as a just in case, but it's not a great date and the seat isn't as good, and I won't be able to see the show twice like I was going to. It'll be expensive for me, since I have to fly to get there and stay at a hotel, and May hotels are going to be way more expensive. But it's the only date I could find that had a good nonpremium seat left that I was willing to pay for. Hopefully January goes off well and I can resell my ticket (or take the loss, which will be worth it if my January trip is successful).

My currently planned trip starts with an early Wednesday morning flight. I have tickets for that Saturday's matinee and evening performances. As soon as my plane touches down in LGA I plan to check to see if I can get Wednesday Music Man tickets. If I can see it Wednesday, even if it costs a lot, it'll take the pressure off the rest of the trip. And if I end up seeing it 3 times, well, that's fine with me.

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#186THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/18/21 at 8:00pm

I just ran into someone from the production a couple hours ago, and it sounds like they're debating even opening now at all

mailhandler777
#187THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/18/21 at 8:17pm

Wick3 said: "Is the invited dress rehearsal tomorrow or Sunday?

Do they normally try to fill up the house for invited dress?
"

Invited dress rehearsal is happening now. I have a friend there. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#188THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/18/21 at 8:18pm

soulmistin said: "I just ran into someone from the production a couple hours ago, and it sounds like they're debating even opening now at all"

Opening or beginning previews? This show will not officially open for nearly another two months… and epidemiologists are saying cases will be on the decline then. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 12/18/21 at 08:18 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#189THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/18/21 at 8:26pm

soulmistin said: "I just ran into someone from the production a couple hours ago, and it sounds like they're debating even opening now at all"

That's total nonsense. If anything, they cancel some preview performances and delay opening night. Also, and 100% cancellation of the show would cause the producers to lose millions $$$.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#190THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/18/21 at 8:28pm

There is no way they won't open...a postponing, MAYBE. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#191THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/18/21 at 10:47pm

Tell us another one.

JSquared2
#192THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/18/21 at 11:30pm

You are 100% full of shiite.

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#193THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/19/21 at 3:46am

HenryTDobson said: "And while Hugh looks great, I love that the kids are clearly outdancing him."

What a silly thing to say. I don't know actual ages but the kids are probably 30 years younger and now days dancers have to have 10 times more ability than when Hugh started learning. I'm sure that Hugh would love all that youthful energy around to encourage and challenge him. Sutton would be doing the same.

JasonC3
#194THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/19/21 at 5:00am

I don't think it is a silly thing to say at all as the comment celebrates the talent and enthusiasm of the young dancers, something Hugh would likely acknowledge himself.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#195THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/19/21 at 7:55am

Pre-show set... 

Screen-Shot-2021-12-18-at-6-59-24-PM

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#196THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/19/21 at 7:58am

Any early word from last night’s dress?

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#197THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/19/21 at 8:13am

Play Esq. said: "Any early word from last night’s dress?"

I had a friend there last night who said it was just “fine.” They were expecting a big, splashy, lavish revival a la Dolly and this is seemingly intentionally not that. The sets are a lot of red barn planking like the preshow drop and painted Americana drops and masking. “Worth the price of a rush ticket, but I wouldn’t pay more than that.”

And no, I don’t feel bad talking about opinions from a dress rehearsal for a show charging this much money for tickets and that has been rehearsing at least its leading man for well over a year.

adotburr
#198THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/19/21 at 8:23am

bwayphreak234 said: "Pre-show set...

Screen-Shot-2021-12-18-at-6-59-24-PM
"

I like this! 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#199THE MUSIC MAN
Posted: 12/19/21 at 8:34am

ColorTheHours048 said: "Play Esq. said: "Any early word from last night’s dress?"

I had a friend there last night who said it was just “fine.” They were expecting a big, splashy, lavish revival a la Dolly and this is seemingly intentionally not that. The sets are a lot of red barn planking like the preshow drop and painted Americana drops and masking. “Worth the price of a rush ticket, but I wouldn’t pay more than that.”

And no, I don’t feel bad talking about opinions from a dress rehearsal for a show charging this much money for tickets and that has been rehearsing at least its leading man for well over a year.
"

I wouldn’t feel bad at all. Early impressions are a norm

here and helpful when deciding whether to shell out a few hundred bucks on seats.