pixeltracker

Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Officially Happening March 27th! (& in Movie Theaters March 2024!)- Page 4

Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Officially Happening March 27th! (& in Movie Theaters March 2024!)

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#75Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 1:00am

Tag said: "Was he who shall not be named there?"

Yes, Stafford Arima was there.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

thescytheandthesword
#76Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 1:16am

Call_me_jorge said: "Was there any mention of Marin at all?"

They had an “In Memoriam” section after the intermission which was introduced by Lea Michele

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#77Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 1:19am

Call_me_jorge said: "Was there any mention of Marin at all?"

They projected a ton of backstage/behind the scenes photos  before the show and during intermission with Marin in a lot of them. Lea Michele came out to introduce act two and they had a beautiful “Oscars Style” In Memoriam for everyone in the company who had passed away, ending with Marin’s photo. 

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#78Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 7:52am

Tons of merchandise which was a shock.  Signed and unsigned window cards, shirts, sweatshirts, hats, keychain, magnet.  

dwirth
#79Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 8:14am

thescytheandthesword said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Was there any mention of Marin at all?"

They had an “In Memoriam” section after the intermission which was introduced by Lea Michele
"

It should be noted that the In Memoriam photos projected on screen had a simple piano backing of Ragtime music... with Stephen Flaherty beautifully playing...

jwsel
dwirth
#81Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 8:39am

Amidst all the fantastic performances in Ragtime last night - including "as expected" greatness from Stokes and Audra - Peter Friedman's Tateh was the great performance I didn't know I needed to see again as much as I did. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#82Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 9:40am

One of the great theatrical nights of my life. So, so special.

Also, I don’t know if Lynette Perry is “retired” these days or just not working & enjoying marriage to Kevin McCollum, but I could see this leading to some more work for her. She was an unexpected highlight as Nesbit. 

sondheim94 Profile Photo
sondheim94
#83Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 11:08am

if anyone's phone accidentally opened and started a voice memo before the show started... let me know.

KathyNYC2
#84Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 3:51pm

dwirth said: "Amidst all the fantastic performances in Ragtime last night - including "as expected" greatness from Stokes and Audra - Peter Friedman's Tateh was the great performance I didn't know I needed to see again as much as I did.

"Peter was a little overlooked the first time around with Brian and Audra  He really quietly carries much of the show imo too  

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#85Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 4:04pm

Were they filming this last night? Would love to watch this on BroadwayHD or something. Just have the fee go to the Actor's Fund.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

sondheim94 Profile Photo
sondheim94
#86Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 9:13pm

For all the hype in 2019 i'm shocked at how quiet the board is about this concert..

smidge2
#87Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 9:42pm

wsondheim94 said: "For all the hype in 2019 i'm shocked at how quiet the board is about this concert.."

How many actually got in?

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#88Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 10:00pm

ACL2006 said: "Were they filming this last night? Would love to watch this on BroadwayHD or something. Just have the fee go to the Actor's Fund."

I didn’t hear anything to the effect but oh gosh I really hope they did.  I know getting tickets was near impossible for people who didn’t have them (myself included) for the original 2020 date, and I’d love for more people to be able to see this event. 

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

KathyNYC2
#89Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 10:19pm

stoptheworld38 said: "ACL2006 said: "Were they filming this last night? Would love to watch this on BroadwayHD or something. Just have the fee go to the Actor's Fund."

I didn’t hear anything to the effect but oh gosh I really hope they did. I know getting tickets was near impossible for people who didn’t have them (myself included) for the original 2020 date, and I’d love for more people to be able to see this event.
"

Not the same thing and obviously illegal (so am I allowed to mention it????), but there is a 3 part Youtube of a performance of Ragtime with the original cast. from the original run. The whole show..

getatme
#90Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 10:56pm

His is the one I keep returning to. Much will be said about Brian, Audra, and Kelli--and rightfully so in many respects--but Peter Friedman felt like he was right back in 1998, giving a fully-realized, heartfelt, and stunning performance in a role that doesn't have a standout song in the same way as Mother, Coalhouse, and Sarah do. Just beautiful.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#91Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/28/23 at 10:59pm

Ragtime is my all-time favorite musical and last night was so perfect. My parents took me to see the original production as a kid but it was after the original company had left, and I really never thought I'd get to see these people I grew up listening to on the cast album do the show. Marin was missed, of course, but I thought Kelli did a really beautiful job and the tribute to all of the folks involved with the original production who have since passed was lovely. I also thought it was really sweet that Lea Michele and the original Little Boy came out and bowed with the kids at the end. 

One of my favorite things about performances like this is when you can feel how much the performers are enjoying themselves and how much it means to them. Ragtime is so important to so many people, and I felt that being in that room last night. 

BCfitasafiddle
#92Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/29/23 at 12:18am

Having only listened to it, I can only say that the vocal performances of this cast is as good, if not better, than their voices in 1998. Not sure how it's humanly possible, but they sounded unreal. 

Kelli, as always, was in superb voice. She was a stunning Mother I'm sure and honored Marin's memory and legacy. 

I will always be sad not to have been at the Minskoff, but look forward to whatever filmed footage is out there being released.

Musicaldudepeter
#93Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/29/23 at 5:22am

I wish they would've recorded this and released a deluxe 2-disc anniversary live concert cast recording. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#94Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/29/23 at 8:44am

Musicaldudepeter said: "I wish they would've recorded this and released a deluxe 2-disc anniversary live concert cast recording."

Stranger things have happened… 🤞 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

BrianV
#95Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/29/23 at 9:29am

It was a GLORIOUS evening.   I wasn't prepared for the production values (beautiful projections, lighting, etc) and much more "staging" than I was expecting.    The performances were across-the-board superb, and Kelli O' Hara showed us an interpretation of Mother that felt completely new.

The ensemble sounded as stunning as they did in 1998, with "New Music" having me sobbing.   The  orchestra was superb (special kudos to James Moore on the podium), and hearing William David Brohn's orchestrations in their full glory was icing on the cake.

I spotted several cameras, and I am hoping that means they intend to stream it?   

Updated On: 3/29/23 at 09:29 AM

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#96Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/29/23 at 10:15am

I do believe they plan to stream it, I don’t know where (I don’t know if they know where), but I heard there were cameras and release forms at some of the rehearsals as well. Crossing my fingers!

DivaBrigader Profile Photo
DivaBrigader
#97Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/29/23 at 10:19am

I have seen hundreds of Broadway shows across three decades and this might be the single greatest night I’ve ever had at the theatre. Not hyperbole. I cried four times. The highlights:

-Fully staged “Prologue” with original choreography!

-Five standing os: “Prologue,” “Wheels of a Dream” (the longest obviously), “Back to Before” (more on this below), “Make Them Hear You,” curtain call where they brought out the original kids Alex Strange and Lea Michele and Ahrens and Flaherty! I’d also count “Your Daddy’s Son” as such prolonged applause it was standing o-like. I think people were just too emotional and it led right into the next scene. (Maybe "New Music" was also a standing o? There were a lot.)

-It’s devastating that Marin Mazzie isn’t with us to reprise Mother. It’s a tragedy. But the replacement was Kelli O’Hara (not too shabby&hellipActors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023 and her ”BTB” was SO crystalline, so clear, so emotional. I’m still thinking about it.

-I love discovering a new musical as well but there’s something about being in an audience of deeply invested theatre lovers who know where the greatest songs are and you can hear and feel the full room catching their breaths at the same time.

-Lea Michele introduced an In Memoriam segment after the intermission that paid tribute to those in the “Ragtime” family who have ”journeyed on” and Stephen Flaherty came out to play the accompaniment on the piano.

-Did I mention just…Stokes and Audra??? STOKES AND AUDRA.

-Peter Friedman, Mark Jacoby, Steven Sutcliffe, Lynnette Perry all OGs and all performing in beautiful voice. It was like Friedman was back in 1998. And Perry...not sure if she retired by choice but somebody put her in a show now!

-Still can’t believe this year at the Tonys had “Ragtime,” “The Lion King,” and the “Cabaret” revival. In one season! And "Lion King" is still playing at the Minskoff where the concert was. Heh.

ELP
#98Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/29/23 at 4:20pm

HeyMrMusic said: "I do believe they plan to stream it, I don’t know where (I don’t know if they know where), but I heard there were cameras and release forms at some of the rehearsals as well. Crossing my fingers!"

Yes, Broadway Channel confirmed today the production was indeed filmed. And a magnificent production it was!!!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#99Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
Posted: 3/30/23 at 9:51am

Does anyone know if any of the original Little Coalhouse Walker's were in attendance?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany