pixeltracker

ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances- Page 3

ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#50ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/14/22 at 7:07pm

My boyfriend Joshua Henry as Gaston! ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#51ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/14/22 at 7:17pm

I've been seeing commercials saying that there will be 13 musical numbers. Does anyone know what the track list will be?

Also, Alan Menken, Paige O'Hara, and Richard White will all be making cameo appearances.
https://d23.com/first-look-see-paige-ohara-richard-white-and-alan-menkens-cameos-in-beauty-and-the-beast-a-30th-celebration/

Updated On: 12/14/22 at 07:17 PM

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#52ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:23pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "I've been seeing commercials saying that there will be 13 musical numbers. Does anyone know what the track list will be?"

I'm going to assume that Evermore will be one, considering Josh Groban sang it on the soundtrack to the love action film. With the supporting cast, I could also see them including Human Again, and possibly How Does a Moment Last Forever for Maurice. Maybe Me, Home, A Change in Me? 

I don't see them using Days in the Sun. It's not a great song. But, really, what is left? No Matter What is cut from the current licensing, Maison Des Lunes was cut from the last US tour, and If I Can Love Her , while better than Evermore, I think will be past over for the later as I said before. How Long Must This Go On is more an interlude than full number. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#53ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:03pm

While I’m sure it’ll get roasted by the smart asses on Twitter, I quite like The Beast puppet. I always thought the B’way costume was an little ugly. 

Jeffrey Karasarides
#54ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:14pm

fashionguru_23 said: "No Matter What is cut from the current licensing and Maison Des Lunes was cut from the last US tour."

To be fair, 'No Matter What' is optional for theatre/school groups to include in their productions. 'Maison De Lunes' has officially been cut from the licensed version.

bwayobsessed
#55ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/15/22 at 11:59am

I’d guess:

1. Prologue
2. Belle
3. How can a moment last forever
4. Belle (reprise)
5. Gaston
6. Gaston (reprise)
7. Be our guest
8 ish Days in the Sun
9. Something there
10. Beauty and the Beast
11. Evermore
12. Mob Song
13. Finale

I find it interesting that the promotional footage shows the wolf chase which makes me think they’re doing more live stuff than little mermaid

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#56ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/15/22 at 4:34pm

According to the following link, it's the animated movie songs, plus Evermore. 2 of the songs are instrumentals called " Rose Petal Suite"

https://filmmusicreporter.com/2022/12/15/soundtrack-album-for-abcs-beauty-and-the-beast-a-30th-celebration-released/

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#57ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/15/22 at 8:20pm

This is terrible. Did they not learn anything from The Little Mermaid disaster?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#58ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/15/22 at 9:20pm

Its not AS bad as Mermaid.   It has moments.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#59ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/15/22 at 9:24pm

I'd assume it isn't live? Bad lip-syncing, bad dancing.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#60ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/15/22 at 9:26pm

Very touching tribute to Lansbury at the end of the title song, at least I thought so.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jeffrey Karasarides
#61ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:01pm

I was kind to ABC’s 2019 telecast of The Little Mermaid, which also blended the original animated film with live musical performances. As for Beauty & the Beast, the opening number is impressively staged in long continuous shots. Some of the behind the scenes archives from the cartoon are pretty cool to see. I also loved the cameo appearances from Paige O’Hara and Richard White. MVP’s of the cast to me are Josh Groban, Joshua Henry, and Martin Short. The last of whom leads a cleverly staged ‘Be Our Guest’.

While H.E.R. does have a nice singing voice in general, I’m not sure if it works with Belle’s songs. Shania Twain is not a bad singer herself either, but her voice is still all wrong for Mrs. Potts. You couldn't have given that part to Rita Moreno, who was already narrating the whole thing? Although I did appreciate the dedication to the recently deceased Angela Lansbury at the end of the title number. Not to mention that the extended dance break during ‘Belle (Reprise)’ felt completely unnecessary. Same goes for the rose petal ballets.

I think this presentation would've worked better as a live and in person event than as a television special. If ABC wants to continue doing these telecasts, they should really go full on live musical productions in the vein of what NBC and Fox did within this past decade.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#62ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:01pm

That finale just brought tears to my eyes! 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#63ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:02pm

I wanted to watch. I tried to watch. But that going back and forth between animation and live action had a weird uncanny-valley sort of effect on me. (I missed The Little Mermaid special, so I wasn't used to it.) I wish they'd just done a concert version or something like that with this cast. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#64ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:06pm

I only managed to catch the little highlight reel at the end, and it made me even more appreciative I was able to catch the Broadway production during its final weeks. 

Sounds like Disney didn’t learn from the 2019 Mermaid disaster. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Ke3
#65ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:41pm

I wonder why disney is seemingly opposed to doing a full on "Blank: LIVE!" thing. You'd think they of all people would want to mine that IP.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#66ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:44pm

Ke3 said: "I wonder why disney is seemingly opposed to doing a full on "Blank: LIVE!" thing. You'd think they of all people would want to mine that IP."

I think this is their way of trying to have their cake and eat it. Especially since the aspects of the LIVE musicals that work the least well are the book scenes (often because of limited rehearsal time and bad sound quality that gives the dialog an echoey, distant feeling). The songs are what people care about.

Dollypop
#67ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/16/22 at 12:21am

For what it's worth  I enjoyed it but Shania Twain was no Angela Lansbury

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 12/16/22 at 12:21 AM

ManOfLaMuncha
#68ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/16/22 at 11:44pm

LuPita2 said: "I don't know why I burst out laughing, but I did. Im sure this is a very expensive costume but....I just can't!

"

Did it eat Josh?

BETTY22
#69ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/17/22 at 8:20am

Oh dear - I so wanted to love this. But......

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#70ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/17/22 at 8:49am

For a TV show, that costume is kind of silly. But, I think, for a theatrical production it could be kind of cool? It does seem to lose some of the "hairy" factor and seems more superhero though. 

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#72ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/17/22 at 8:54am

RippedMan said: "For a TV show, that costume is kind of silly. But, I think, for a theatrical production it could be kind of cool? It does seem to lose some of the "hairy" factor and seems more superhero though."

My husband and I thought the main problem was the face, which we found to have a very goofy/derpy expression. I also think it was already so stylized it needed some color rather than being all black or gray.

Updated On: 12/17/22 at 08:54 AM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#73ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances
Posted: 12/17/22 at 12:20pm

The SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE/HAMILTON contemporary dancing infused throughout was so out of place.  The Busby Berkeley-ish one of the rose was like a bad SNL parody of cheesy contemporary dancing.  

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25