pixeltracker

Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall- Page 2

Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#25Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/8/23 at 2:17pm

nealb1 said: "Barbra said in early 2019 that she had wanted to do 2 volumes. First volume would be her early career, and the second volume would pick up where the first volume left off. But, the publisher didn't want that."

I think the problem with 2 volumes is you have to hope everyone will buy 2 books. Might as well release one large book...but that's just my opinion. 

Although, if Andrew Lloyd Webber coud release his second volume, I'd be happy. I don't want to read about the hits, Andy. I want the flops!

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

JSquared2
#26Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/8/23 at 2:29pm

Dollypop said: "I worked with a cousin of That Streisand Woman and she shared lots of stories about the family. It'll be interesting to read the book and learn whether their versions line up."

Well my barber's niece's dogwalker said that your former co-worker is a raging alcoholic and should not be believed.  So there.

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#27Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/8/23 at 8:05pm

Hope you get the scoop, Dollypoop

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#28Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/8/23 at 10:49pm

As I posted earlier, that is not the confirmed cover photo for the book. They are supposed to release the correct photo for the cover in a few months ( end of Spring). 

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#29Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/8/23 at 11:35pm

Of course she's still working on the cover!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#30Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/9/23 at 12:12am

The book listing it now up for preorder on audible. 

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#31Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/9/23 at 1:41pm

Most celebs when writing their autobiography, tend to concentrate more on their career and public life, rather than going into details about family members.  Barbra has spoken often about her cousin Lowell, who she was very close with.  

Updated On: 2/9/23 at 01:41 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#32Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/11/23 at 9:31am

Impeach2017 said: "Her life has been a reflection of America from the sixties to now, and I love her. However, I would hate to be her editor!"

I believe her editor considered it a thrill and an honor, the happy culmination of a long and distinguished career. 

BWAY Baby2
#33Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/11/23 at 11:09am

The cover photo is perfect- it focuses on the nose- and her offbeat beauty. It says- here I am, this is me, and I am proud and confident---a very dramatic and glamorous photo- I doubt it will be tossed aside for a typical Hollywood star photo- this photo says it all- and my bet is it will be the final cover shot.

Updated On: 2/11/23 at 11:09 AM

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#34Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/11/23 at 11:23am

PalJoey said: "I believe her editor considered it a thrill and an honor, the happy culmination of a long and distinguished career."

So you're telling us the gig went well? Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

fbueller
#35Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/11/23 at 2:46pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I expect the book to have a vaseline covered view of her life but I’m still 1000% here for it."

So funny…and true!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#36Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/12/23 at 12:03pm

BWAY Baby2 said: "The cover photo is perfect- it focuses on the nose- and her offbeat beauty. It says- here I am, this is me, and I am proud and confident---a very dramatic and glamorous photo- I doubt it will be tossed aside for a typical Hollywood star photo- this photo says it all- and my bet is it will be the final cover shot."

Agreed. I hope they keep the photo. I'm glad she chose to stick with the classic Century Expanded Italic font she's used since her debut album in the design.

Balcony Bill
#37Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/13/23 at 7:44pm

Having fun imagining what a book signing would be like, with how she would handle fans getting anywhere within 100 feet of her. Thinking of Kathy Griffin's amusing impression of Barbra "hugging" a fan on Oprah while trying not to actually touch her.

Jordan Catalano
#38Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 2/13/23 at 8:18pm

I image she would be sitting on an upper level near an escalator where people would send their books up and she would then send them back down, stopping every so often to wave down to the line. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#39Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 4/24/23 at 9:02pm

Happy Birthday Barbra!

Happy Birthday, Barbra Streisand! 29 Vintage Pictures of the Original Funny Girl

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/barbra-streisand-in-29-vintage-pictures

Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Jordan Catalano
#40Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 11/7/23 at 10:27am

I’m about two hours into the 48 hour run time of the audio book. I still can’t believe she recorded the entire thing - I’m dying to know how long it took. 

This will be like Patti’s book, one I can’t imagine just reading as it’s so much more interesting to hear the author tell their story in their own words. And while I don’t have the text here with me to compare, it very much sounds like she goes off of it every so often, adding little side anecdotes. And she’s such a master at this, it doesn’t sound at all like she’s reading, it sounds like you’re sitting there with her while she tells you these stories.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#41Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 11/7/23 at 11:19am

Oh, I can’t wait.

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#42Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 11/7/23 at 11:23am

Jordan Catalano said: "I’m about two hours into the 48 hour run time of the audio book. I still can’t believe she recorded the entire thing - I’m dying to know how long it took.

Right?? Think of how many takes she must have done. How many times did she listen back to the recording, only to re-record a particular line until she was completely satisfied with everything?

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

BETTY22
#43Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 11/7/23 at 3:39pm

Babs on Anthony Newley: 

Joan (Collins) gave a party for Tony’s thirty-sixth birthday at their house on Summit Drive. And I did something I never do. People were standing up and giving little speeches. So I got up and sang the first line of “People,” but I changed the words to “Newley . . . people who need Newley . . . are the luckiest people in the world.” All I sang was that one phrase, but the fact that I even had the desire to do it should have been a dead giveaway, at least to me . .

Claudia Draper
#44Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 11/7/23 at 3:50pm

She said on STERN this morning it took her 3 months to record it.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#45Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 11/7/23 at 4:26pm

PalJoey was her editor on this?

Maybe I'm misreading,  but his comment here seems like one big WINK.

Now I know why we were assured he was "doing fabulously" over on the recent Dollypop thread.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Zeppie2022
#46Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 11/7/23 at 10:33pm

All I care to about is reading about her relationship with Agassi who she called a "Zen Master" in 1992 - just teasing. Seems "Babs" was a "cougar" before it became fashionable dating Agassi who was almost 30 years younger and had great hair back then - ha ha.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#47Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 11/7/23 at 11:01pm

The audiobook is definitely not word for word of the text. She makes it a bit more conversational and at times straight up changes what is written on the page. This is going to be a very fun journey.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#48Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 11/8/23 at 5:05am

I’ve listened to a little over two hours of the audiobook so far. While listening, I’m also following along with the Kindle ebook. I’ve never enjoyed audiobooks over printed or electronic versions of the same work…but this audiobook is absolutely the way to go for this memoir! The audiobook comes across as very conversational and it is peppered with little asides and added tidbits that, while never radically straying from what is on the printed page, make for a more entertaining experience.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#49Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall
Posted: 11/8/23 at 11:51am

The facts of the book being nearly a thousand pages, with no index, and she isn’t word-for-word on the audiobook just make me love this project even more.

I know a lot of people have opinions on her amount of control but I really do admire it. I wish I had half the life and half the control of it that she does. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.