News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH

BETTY22
#1Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 3:27pm

Jeremy is learning remotely as his cast rehearsals for Broadway in NYC - because he’s got a few concerts on his schedule!

WHAT!!!!!! It's a multi-million-dollar Broadway show and you are the lead....how was this ever approved?

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#2Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 3:31pm

Well they did just do a run at Paper Mill. I can’t imagine they’re changing that much (unfortunately). He’ll be fine.

JSquared2
#3Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 3:33pm

BETTY22 said: "Jeremy is learning remotely as his castrehearsals for Broadway in NYC - because he’s got a few concerts on his schedule!

WHAT!!!!!! It's a multi-million-dollar Broadway show and you are the lead....how was this ever approved?
"

Oh Mary, calm down.  This happens with actors on EVERY show! 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#4Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 3:44pm

There is no way this wasn’t part of his contract negotiation - calm down.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#5Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 3:49pm

Jeremy is the best thing about this show.  I hope they make the show fuller, richer, and more melodic.  Do we know if they are replacing any of the big numbers?

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#7Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 4:11pm

..,and James Monroe Iglehart was rehearsing SPAMALOT while doing the Louis Armstrong musical out of town.

...and Jasmine Forsberg was rehearsing for SIX while still performing in HERE LIES LOVE.

...and Kyle Ramar Freeman was learning THE WIZ while doing A STRANGE LOOP in London.

What, pray tell, is your point???

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

MemorableUserName
#8Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 4:17pm

We live in a world where Beanie got approval to take the weekend after opening off to attend a wedding. That was egregious. This is not.

Updated On: 2/19/24 at 04:17 PM

verywellthensigh
#9Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 4:41pm

Updated On: 2/19/24 at 04:41 PM

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#10Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 5:30pm

Just how many concerts does he have, aka how many actual in-person rehearsals is he missing?

Lea Salonga's initial Broadway rehearsals for Allegiance on Broadway were fully remote from the Phillippines while the rest of the cast was in NYC. Do you take issue with that as well? For context, she had also already performed the show out of town.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#11Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 6:00pm

The concerts are also basically free publicity for the show. I’m sure he will be doing a Gatsby song.

Besides, he is a genuine Broadway star. He can kinda do what he wants.

Broadway61004
#12Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 6:17pm

Wait, you mean to tell me that someone working on a Broadway show got approved to take a couple days off to perform another show that they had already scheduled before this production was announced??? This is truly stunning. I can't imagine that this has ever happened before in history. This could very well be the end of Broadway.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#13Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 6:43pm

Between this and the “is Satine really dead?” thread, I truly worry about these boards.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#14Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 7:21pm

This thread is a valuable reminder that just because someone goes to the theatre a lot, and keeps up with what's going on, does not mean they know how it is made. 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#15Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 7:38pm

HogansHero said: "This thread is a valuable reminder that just because someone goes to the theatre a lot, and keeps up with what's going on, does not mean they know how it is made."

^^^THIS!^^^

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#16Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 7:46pm

it's quite common for an understudy to fill-in during a rehearsal. Who's his u/s?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#17Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/19/24 at 7:50pm

Didn’t Kelli O’Hara miss the entire pre-Broadway run of Bridges because she was PREGNANT? The NERVE of these actors. Do they not realise when they become attached to a Broadway-bound show they need to be physically locked up and focus on nothing more than the show???? These entitled actors are…acting…like they might actually be real people. Despicable. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Wayman_Wong
#18Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/21/24 at 3:53am

Jeremy Jordan has been celebrating his 10th anniversary of his first cabaret show at Feinstein's at the Nikko in San Francisco. On Sunday night, the Tony nominee kicked off his soldout, 3-night run with Joe Iconis' ''Broadway, Here I Come!'' from his ''Smash'' TV show. He also teased what he'll be bringing to Broadway soon: ''The Great Gatsby,'' and sang his soaring Act I solo, ''For Her,'' by Jason Howland and Nathan Tysen. Because of this week's concert gigs (he's also playing at the Segerstrom Center in Costa Mesa, Calif., on Feb. 22), Jordan is missing the first N.Y. rehearsals for ''Gatsby,'' but says he's attending via Zoom in the mornings.

Jordan has always had a spectacular voice, but he's grown into such a stellar storyteller. I really enjoyed how he set up his beautifully tender rendition of ''What Was I Made For?,'' Billie Eilish and Finneas O'Connell's Grammy-winning and Oscar-nominated hit from ''Barbie.''

But the tour de force of the night was Jordan's funny, Reader's Digest re-enactment of ''Newsies,'' in which he played all the characters and sang snippets of all the Tony-winning tunes by Alan Menken and Jack Feldman, while slipping in his quips. To me, he'll always be Jack Kelly, ''Once and for All.'' Bravo!

Updated On: 2/21/24 at 03:53 AM

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#19Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/21/24 at 6:39am

It's a smart career move to keep other irons in the fire besides Broadway stardom, an ethereal realm that can dissipate as fast as it is conjured.  

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#20Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH
Posted: 2/21/24 at 9:23am

Impeach2017 said: "It's a smart career move to keep other irons in the fire besides Broadway stardom, an ethereal realm that can dissipate as fast as it is conjured."

It’s how it’s done. Actors work on simultaneous projects all the time. I have a close friend who starred on a top rated single-cam network comedy during the week and worked on a Netflix series during the weekend (they filmed around her schedule and saved her scenes for weekend shoots). She also was doing voice work on countless animated projects, too. THAT’S why working actors are tired and exhausted all the time but have long careers. No one works on just one thing. That “you only have one full-time job” mentality exists for the simpletons living basic simple lives.  

Videos