pixeltracker

Best Character Entrance?- Page 3

Best Character Entrance?

BroadwayMonkey Profile Photo
BroadwayMonkey
#50re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 8:36pm

I have to agree with Mythus and say Roger Debri.

Real men are tenors.

sndtrklvr Profile Photo
sndtrklvr
#51re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 8:38pm

Definitely Mama Rose stomping down the aisle
Glinda coming down in the bubble
and finally seeing Maureen in Rent

So my dear you think you can get to Broadway. Well, let me tell you something. Broadway has no room for people like you. Not the Broadway I know. My Broadway takes people like you and eats them up and spits them out. My Broadway is the Broadway of Merman, and Martin, and Fontaine, and if you think you can build yourself up by knocking other people down... ...GOOD LUCK... Seinfeld

i*heart*fame
#52re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 9:29pm

the coolest is glinda in wicked, but the best is maureen in rent

"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#53re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 10:14pm

in rocky horror's revival
brad and janet- walking out of the black and white movie
riff raff- i had no idea he was on stage, much unless center stage until he started singing
and dr.f'n'f the elevator lowering him in silhoette (sp?) ala velma kelly

speaking of which chicago- the entrances of billy and velma

out of wonder how did ameris enter in aida?

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

jezzebelle
#54re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 11:02pm

I adore Tracy's entrance in HS, when the curtain opens, the lights come up on the bed and her eyes pop open. Fabulous.

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#55re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 11:04pm

Oh yea forgot about Maureen re: Best Character Entrance? I can't see how she could draw more attention to her entrance than riding in on a motercycle completely cutting off the song...

touchmeinthemorning
#56re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 11:11pm

Idina's entrance in off-bway wild party

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown

cabarethed
#57re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 11:19pm

I agree with the Emcee and Carmen Ghia and have to add Marilyn in Taboo. Ohhhh my lord.

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#58re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 11:28pm

Mr. Applegate in Damn Yankees always offers a lot of creativity

"Now there's an arresting idea"

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

dramafreak13 Profile Photo
dramafreak13
#59re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 11:31pm

i dont know about entrance, but i know my fav character exit is nathan lane being swallowed by a giant frog in The Frogs, that was great.

"Contentment it seems merely happens, It appears Accompanied by no bravos and no tears" "The world is good you said Enjoy it's highs you said The summer flies you said So make a parade Of every moment Now throw away your hate And focus on what's great instead" ~William Finn

fae Profile Photo
fae
#60re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 11:32pm

definitely norma desmond in "sunset".

Ocean Breeze soap. It's just like taking an ocean cruise only there's no boat and you don't go anywhere.

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#61re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 11:37pm

I think the all-time greatest entrance in musical theatre is Mama Rose in Gypsy. Coming out of the audience is totally original and unexpected. And it was thrilling to see Bernadette Peters make her first entrance through the audience.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#62re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 11:38pm

michael crawford getting lowered from the ceiling in a coffin for Dance of the Vampires.

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#63re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 11:38pm

michael crawford getting lowered from the ceiling in a coffin for Dance of the Vampires.

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#64re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/20/04 at 1:44am

Maureen in RENT. She wins. That is all.

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

lvpblues
#65re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/20/04 at 2:21am

Rose's entrance in Gypsy is priceless. Perfect, really, especially for the situation and for the character. (I was at the final performance of the recent revival and so many heads were turned to house right for a glimpse of Bernadette. Then came the line and a lengthy and thunderous standing ovation - what a moment!)

Mame's entrance sliding down a banister with the trumpet is something else as well... (I saw a cheap community production where they recreated that moment and the poor woman almost went flying right off the stage into the pit - wish I could have seen Lansbury do it).

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#66re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/21/04 at 9:38pm

See my icon (left).

Others:
Norma Desmond down the stairs.
Leigh Bowery in the stalls--c'mon it's funny!
Glinda in the bubble.
All the entrances in Rocky Horror revival.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

redmustang
#67re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/22/04 at 12:56am

The bedroom windows suddenly opening and Mary Martin's exhilerating airborne entrance in Act I of Peter Pan.

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#68re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/27/04 at 6:46pm

I say the best entrance was when Edna came out after the make over. However it could be that it was Harvey and not the character. (*sighs at missing Harvey*)

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

RadioTV2 Profile Photo
RadioTV2
#69re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/27/04 at 6:49pm

In Sixteen Wounded, Mahmoud is thrown through a glass window by a bunch of people on the street. It was phenomonally well-acted by Omar Metwally, and in reality the window was made up of sugar (cool fact i recently stumbled upon)

Check out the Tony Awards Haven! www.tonyawardshaven.com

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#70re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/27/04 at 6:55pm

I still love Dolly coming down the staircase at the Harmonia Gardens

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#71re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/27/04 at 7:58pm

As far as musicals are concerned I have to agree with Max appearing suddenly under those newspapers. I'm still amazed by that. My favorite 'entrance' though came in the play "Tea at Five" with Kate Mulgrew at the start of the second act. She suddenly appeared as the older Kate Hepburn and the transformation was so amazing that it seemed to suck the air right out of you. You could hear the audible gasp, followed by applause, from the entire audience.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#72re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/27/04 at 8:02pm

Maureen's motorcycle entrance! It's SO cool! I always forget it's coming when I see the show, and then it's like WAM! you see the blinding light.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

broadwaybound3 Profile Photo
broadwaybound3
#73re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/27/04 at 8:05pm

princeton's entrance/opening lines in ave q- just real funny- also gary colemans

galinda's entrance in the bubble- sweet! and very galinda

Maureens motercycle entrance along with angel's drag entrance- both classics

and dr.f the elevator lowering him in silhoette

uh yea- thats about it.

stagemaster333 Profile Photo
stagemaster333
#74re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/27/04 at 8:19pm

I would have to say the entrance of the animals in The Lion King. I was just blown away, especially since I was on an aisle in the front of the theater. Amazing!