News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4- Page 6

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#125BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 8:34pm

bwayphreak234 said: "For my fellow board members who are scenic design nerds like myself, it looks like a show curtain has been added for Broadway (the West End production just had the village set onstage for the pre show). There are pictures on instagram for those who are curious. It’s very whimsical - I like it!"

I cannot find the curtain photo on the show’s insta - any guidance?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Jordan Catalano
Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#128BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 9:42pm

I hope someone gets the Curtain Call from tonight! Definitely would like to see how the costumes look. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#129BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/16/23 at 10:42pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Curtain "

Thanks for sharing Jordan.  That is really cool looking.  Getting more interested in this.

Interesting to, I know some were asking about ticket sales.  I had gotten the email about the show score tickets and as soon as I got it, I checked out the website and all those tix were gone.  The telecharge seat chart doesn't show a lot of seats for tomorrow and Saturday.  Hope for all those involved this goes well.  I'm an ALW fan, and like the score.  Not sure this will be one of my favorites of his (story wise, would rather something else), but keeping an open mind.

Dolly80
#130BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 3:10am

I would be amazed if they’ve managed to turn round this big turd of a show into something even vaguely decent. But crazier things have happened.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#131BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 4:53am

The curtain looks great. Excited to read some reports after the first preview if anyone here is going.

broadwayben3
#132BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 9:57am

Was anyone at the invited dress last night? Huge Carolee fan here, but would rather hear about how she is and how much she has in the show before committing to tickets.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#133BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 10:05am

broadwayben3 said: "Was anyone at the invited dress last night? Huge Carolee fan here, but would rather hear about how she is and how much she has in the show before committing to tickets."

Natalie @NatKatNYC Carolee makes a dick joke in Bad Cinderella, and I was not prepared. She is flawless, no notes. https://twitter.com/NatKatNYC/status/1626434800059052033

jacobsnchz14
#134BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 10:08am

Saw the invited dress for @badcinderella tonight! WOW!!! Andrew did that. The entire cast works their ass off. The crew and creative team! I have to see it again. But the choreography, I pray these dancers have some GOOD PT cause that partnering combination had me sore.

https://twitter.com/JustinGNelson/status/1626455202571091973?s=20

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#135BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 10:12am

Dylan Smith4 said: "I hope someone gets the Curtain Call from tonight! Definitely would like to see how the costumes look."

This photo seems to be of the cast after last nights curtain call, or maybe they still needed to choreograph it or something.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#136BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 12:13pm

The design looks like a no.

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#137BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 12:31pm

First look!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoxYzJrv8cp/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#138BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 1:19pm

The hair and wig design looks like a misfire so far.

Oh look, a bibu!

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#139BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 1:29pm

This looks like the opening scene of dance of the vampires on broadway 

BorisTomashevsky
#140BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 1:29pm

She’s flat as a pancake. And did they really include the take with the gaffe where she pulls the ponytail out of her eyes? Yikes. 

Theatrefan2
#141BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 1:30pm

The characterisation, attitude and costume are miles better than London. At least she appears a rebal. Guess that's a positive start.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#142BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 1:46pm

That looks.......well, I love her velvet pants! My favorite part of their post?

"p.s. we don’t support illegal recording in our theater and will be reporting your posts xoxo"

That will piss off the TikTok children and I am HERE for it.

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#143BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 1:59pm

Why is she dressed like she's a member of B*Witched

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

jacobsnchz14
#144BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 2:27pm

Linedy just posted a video of her receiving "Break A Leg" video messages from Betty Buckley, Elaine Paige, and Glenn Close.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Coxlu2fPLPq

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#145BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 2:35pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "Linedy just posted a video of her receiving "Break A Leg" video messages from Betty Buckley, Elaine Paige, and Glenn Close.

"

Carrie Hope Fletcher on her Instagram story, reposting the footage released today: “SLAY @linedygenao !!! She’s a star!!!”

Oh look, a bibu!

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#146BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 2:37pm

No disrespect to Lineady, but I did not care for that clip. It sounds like she’s struggling with singing those notes. I’ve said it before, this should’ve been Carrie Hope Fletcher’s long-awaited Broadway debut. Oh well. We can’t have it all! 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Theatrefan2
#147BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 2:47pm

Carrie was even worse in London. She may have been slightly better vocally but she really can't act and you just ended up with a middle class girl pretending to be what she thought was a rebal with no sign of character.

broadwayben3
#148BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 2:52pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "Linedy just posted a video of her receiving "Break A Leg" video messages from Betty Buckley, Elaine Paige, and Glenn Close.

"

but not Patti LuPone! LOL!

Jordan Catalano
#149BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 3:25pm

That was a really sweet video. 

Videos