News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4- Page 7

BAD CINDERELLA to close on June 4

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#150BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 3:38pm

Voter said: "First look!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoxYzJrv8cp/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
"

Was that actually supposed to help sell tickets? Yikes!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#151BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 3:41pm

This trend of releasing promo videos that don’t actually highlight the show well, needs to stop. 

Charley Kringas Inc Profile Photo
Charley Kringas Inc
#152BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 3:59pm

It's funny that this is an adaptation of Cinderella where she's a cast-out misfit specifically for not conforming to the town's normative beauty standards, because she looks extremely conventional.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#153BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 4:28pm

http://www.broadwaymerchandiseshop.com/collections/bad-cinderella

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#154BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 4:44pm

That merch f*cks. Love.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#155BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 4:46pm

Voter said: "First look!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoxYzJrv8cp/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
"

This seems like a curious comment:
"Here’s a Belleville bootleg to celebrate our first preview. p.s. we don’t support illegal recording in our theater and will be reporting your posts xoxo"

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

teatime2
#156BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 4:53pm

looking for one (reasonably) priced ticket for tonight!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#157BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 4:55pm

I do not enjoy her vocals on that at all. Cute merch though! Love the color combo. 

BoringBoredBoard40
#158BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 4:56pm

well they certainly seem to have nailed the BAD part

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#159BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 4:57pm

The ALW haters who just can't help themselves are exhausting, but also a bit comical.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

pmensky
#160BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 5:16pm

Lot666 said: "The ALW haters who just can't help themselves are exhausting, but also a bit comical."

So, the people pointing out things like the fact that she sings, “They call me a wretch…” and “I am bad Cinderella, got a style of my own,” while she is literally dressed in the same style as everyone in the ensemble and looks like a glamour girl are haters? Calling people names for making common sense observations is what is truly exhausting and comical. What’s next, are well “just jealous?” Are you 12?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#161BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 5:25pm

I have to agree Cinderella was dressed like more of an outcast in the West End production. I like the costume here if she’s attempting to look like everyone else, but if she’s not I’m not sure what sets her apart now visually. 

Thanks for the merch link.

A.J.
#162BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 5:28pm

I can’t shake the feeling that someone involved in this production wants it to tank. So many poor/bizarre choices being made, starting with that cringy first press event. 

Updated On: 2/17/23 at 05:28 PM

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#163BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 6:07pm

This was truly cringe worthy in London. It only got some positive reviews here because it was the first new show since Covid and had been all over the press. I hope they have done a LOT of work. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#164BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 6:41pm

Lot666 said: "The ALW haters who just can't help themselves are exhausting, but also a bit comical."

That’s hysterical.. I’m definitely not an “ALW hater” but that clip looks terrible which is the opposite of what a promo clip is supposed to do. Could barely understood a word she yelled/sang, and like others said — she just blends into the ensemble. This has a long uphill battle ahead.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#165BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 6:42pm

I hate to compare, but the edge that Carrie had to her performance and vocal in the title song is deeply missed. It didn’t need to be the same at all, but it had to leave SOME impression. Hoping to hear that it’s just a poorly chosen clip.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Chase Miller
#166BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 7:18pm

She sounds pretty good to me. For those saying she doesn't sound good, what notes doesn't sound good?

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#167BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 7:57pm

There are a few notes at the beginning that sound a little flat to me, but she has a very pinched/whiny sound in a voice that seems to lack literal power as well as any star quality. 

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#168BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 7:58pm

The overall tone just not strong compared to other singers. And the way she talk/speaks words just feels forced and ruins the melody of the song. I think Carrie - in London - is such a fantastic singer. Wish we had a stronger vocal here. Surely they could have found an ex Wicked girl or something. 

showbizkid2
#169BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 8:23pm

I saw the show in London and I HATED it. Awful wokey rubbish show with a terrible book and BAD score. I adore most of ALW's work. I'm normally a huge fan. 

There IS a good show in there somewhere - it JUST needs to know its tone and audience - as well as a new set, new book, half a new score (half thrown away) the fairy-godmother role completely rewritten, the end of Act 1 totally reworked, the necklace/locket sub-plot looked at, a look at the fact that all the characters hate each other, new chorus songs and a proper duet (or two) in the show. 

BAD Cinderella needs to be alternative woke/progressive for a reason - not for the 2023 cheesy and tedious sake of it. Even worse, it is offensive. What IS the message of the show? To conform or not? London was not clear at all. 

Good luck to them all - I personally don't think all theses changes can/will be made in one year since the dreadful show i saw in London.

Updated On: 2/17/23 at 08:23 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#170BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 9:26pm

Intermission. The bones of the show are exactly the same but pretty much every scene and most songs are tweaked to completely rewritten (there’s a completely new opening number and a new song in place of “Unbreakable”) Updated On: 2/17/23 at 09:26 PM

TheOnlyOne2
#171BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 9:42pm

Intermission... sigh. I've seen nothing of the London production so its all new to me. One of the things I don't love to say is I'm not feeling the lead/ bad cinderlla character. I can't figure out if it's the writing or its the actress. I was so excited to see a POC in this role and I just feel let down... On another note, Carolee Carmello and Grace McLean are running away with the show. Lovely tracks for these women. Christina Acosta Robinson was also lovely. Jordan Dobson is doing the best he can eith thr material given. 

The Music is mostly forgettable, but you do get a few glimpses of the driving, full orchestral sounds u want from ALW. 

metropolis10111 Profile Photo
metropolis10111
#172BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 9:45pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Intermission. The bones of the show are exactly the same but pretty much every scene and most songs are tweaked to completely rewritten (there’s a completely new opening number and a new song in place of “Unbreakable&rdquoBAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread."

I obsessively saw this 4 times in one week in London knowing it would change. I totally ate this mess up so I’m curious about the new opening. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#173BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 9:51pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Intermission. The bones of the show are exactly the same but pretty much every scene and most songs are tweaked to completely rewritten (there’s a completely new opening number and a new song in place of “Unbreakable&rdquoBAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread."

Sounds like a lot’s been changed! 

Also, Shirtless Jake is my honorary fourth “hunk” tonight. 

Oh look, a bibu!

defenses
#174BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 2/17/23 at 11:04pm

Two quick thoughts after the show: I think I would have enjoyed this more if it wasn’t a Cinderella retelling. I wish Linedy leaned on emotion more than (or as much as) humor. 

Videos