News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Radcliffe, Groff, and Mendez star in MERRILY - Reviews & News Thread- Page 15

Radcliffe, Groff, and Mendez star in MERRILY - Reviews & News Thread

BMcGregor
#350Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/28/22 at 11:51am

There are currently tickets available on the link posted above for Sunday, January 22, the final performance. 

A_Nicole079
#351Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/28/22 at 11:56am

Yea those are the benefit tickets. 

BMcGregor
#352Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/28/22 at 11:59am

Ah, whoops. Makes sense. 

BCfitasafiddle
#353Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/28/22 at 3:31pm

How's the cancellation line going? Anyone? What time would be recommended for an 8PM curtain?

Springtime
#354Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/28/22 at 4:42pm

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW

Instagram post from Lin-Manuel Miranda after seeing Merrily on Saturday with Andrew Garfield

lin_manuel

Took my leading man to see Merrily We Roll Along at @nytw79 on the first anniversary of Sondheim’s passing. It was our first time in the building since filming Jonathan’s concert sequences for #TicktickBoom. To say this production contains treasures in the form of Jonathan Groff, Dan Radcliffe, @lindsaymendez, @krystaljoybrown, @katieroseclarke, a fantastic ensemble and one of Steve’s most joyful scores is a massive understatement. They’ve got a good thing going. Okay. Back to my piano.

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#355Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/28/22 at 4:50pm

This is honestly somewhat restrained compared to LMM's usual praise. 

"I feel safe with you, and complete with you / I'm always finding money in the street with you." -Sheldon Harnick

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#356Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/28/22 at 5:37pm

Can anyone share what time of day they’ve had luck with the refreshing?

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Ptero2
#357Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/28/22 at 7:00pm

suicidalmickeymouse said: "Can anyone share what time of day they’ve had luck with the refreshing?"

Mine was around 11:15 PM last night

inception Profile Photo
inception
#358Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/28/22 at 7:00pm

halfhourcheckwithmerman said: "This is honestly somewhat restrained compared to LMM's usual praise."

Yeah sounds like he hated it

:p

Jesse St. James Profile Photo
Jesse St. James
#359Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/29/22 at 12:30am

Saw this post on the broadway reddit page about someones stage door experience... I have no words

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#360Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/29/22 at 12:35am

Jesse St. James said: "Saw this post on the broadway reddit page about someones stage door experience... I have no words"

You know, when you think about it those tuba lines in the overture actually do sound like...oh, never mind...

BoringBoredBoard40
#361Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/29/22 at 12:49am

There is NO way that story is true, even if it was in what universe would you share that?

A_Nicole079
#362Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/29/22 at 1:46am

suicidalmickeymouse said: "Can anyone share what time of day they’ve had luck with the refreshing?"

Afternoon on Saturday for Sunday. Someone posted about two tickets popping up i missed those (had one in my cart but someone snagged it before I paid). I refreshed a few times in the next 10 minutes and two more popped up. It seems fairly random based on this thread

boonanas
#363Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/30/22 at 1:37pm

One ticket popped up for tomorrow's show about an hour ago.  It was gone shortly afterwards.  (This is just an FYI to those trying)

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#364Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/30/22 at 2:26pm

"One ticket popped up for tomorrow's show about an hour ago. It was gone shortly afterwards."

I grabbed that one for my friend. Have been refreshing all the NYTW site all day. I saw it last night and was blown away. My friend is now extremely excited for tomorrow. Wish I could afford to see it a second and third time. It was such a spectacular evening.

hearthemsing22
#365Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/30/22 at 2:33pm

Anyone else have a ticket for the 7th? I think there's a talkback that night :) 

Springtime
#366Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/30/22 at 5:13pm

There is also a talkback (afterwords) tonight.

Updated On: 11/30/22 at 05:13 PM

MadsonMelo
#367Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/30/22 at 5:47pm

I have to say that I was not in love with Krystal Joy Brown's performance when I saw the show at the first preview, but it was the first and I just thought it was timing, but it's the character's fault after all.

I've been thinking about the show quite a lot, it somehow feels like if Jonathan and Michael from ''Tick Tick... Boom!'' had more time to talk about life, choices and the aspirations about their art, and what is the price for it, you know?

The cast is just perfect, I think Daniel and Groff are the MVP here, both fit their roles in such an easy way that I feel it's impossible to think of better actors. Both are lead in my opinion and when the shows transfers (It will, I heard from Friedman!), I hope Groff gets that Tony that he so much deserves!

''Franklin Shepard Inc.'' is just superb and made me really happy that I waited so many years to finally see Radcliffe on stage, it was worth it!

When it's open night/reviews are coming?

Sara904
#368Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/30/22 at 6:00pm

December 12th

PegasusOasis
#369Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/30/22 at 9:55pm

One of the ensemble members sings Merrily so beautifully before The Blob. It is sort of a sultry indie tone. Give her a solo!!

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#370Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 12/1/22 at 8:15pm

Absolutely loved this.   Had never seen the show before and was only familiar with a few songs.  Throughly blown away - this cast is exceptional in every way shape and form. They are giving it all - and it works beautifully.  Krystal was exceptional and a real stand out after this triumphant trio of stars. 

The ensemble, the costumes - oh those gorgeous costumes - the set, and the tight direction made for a perfect evening.  A reminder of why we love theater, why we love Sondheim and why Daniel and Jonathan are stars.  

schubox
#371Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 12/1/22 at 9:32pm

MadsonMelo said: "I have to say that I was not in love withKrystal Joy Brown's performance when I saw the show at the first preview, but it was the first and I just thought it was timing, but it's the character's fault after all.

I've been thinking about the show quite a lot, it somehow feels like if Jonathan and Michael from ''Tick Tick... Boom!'' had more time to talk about life, choices and the aspirations about their art, and what is the price for it, you know?

The cast is just perfect, I think Daniel and Groff are the MVP here, both fit their roles in such an easy way that I feel it's impossible to think of better actors. Both are lead in my opinion and when the shows transfers (It will, I heard from Friedman!), I hope Groff gets that Tony that he so much deserves!

''Franklin Shepard Inc.'' is just superb and made me really happy that I waited so many years to finally see Radcliffe on stage, it was worth it!

When it's open night/reviews are coming?
"

I know it's been discussed to death but is there any sense of timeframe for when the transfer will happen?

BoringBoredBoard40
#372Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 12/1/22 at 11:07pm

next fall at the hudson

Updated On: 12/1/22 at 11:07 PM

Sara904
#373Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 12/1/22 at 11:17pm

This fall? What

Sara904
#374Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 12/1/22 at 11:19pm