News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Radcliffe, Groff, and Mendez star in MERRILY - Reviews & News Thread- Page 13

Radcliffe, Groff, and Mendez star in MERRILY - Reviews & News Thread

orlikethecolorpurple
#300Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/22/22 at 6:57pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Skip23 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "There are some single seats available for this weekend on the NYTW website."

They are available for $69, $99 and $120. In your dreams.
"

Not sure what this means. There was 1 seat available for Saturday night, and 2 for Sunday night, $149 each. Obviously, they're gone now.
"

Can confirm. Got close to snagging the Saturday seat. 

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#301Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/22/22 at 7:19pm

Did anyone buy the ticket being offered on ATC?

Updated On: 11/22/22 at 07:19 PM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#302Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/22/22 at 9:18pm

More popped up for this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, and I grabbed one for a friend. So, if you're looking for tickets, I wouldn't be surprised if this will be a regular thing. Just keep checking the NYTW site.

Updated On: 11/22/22 at 09:18 PM

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#303Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/22/22 at 9:18pm

Can someone who’s seen it tell me how many musicians are in the pit? I imagine it’s somewhat small considering the space.  

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

aussieskates
#304Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/22/22 at 10:23pm

Also Gussie is such a one-dimensional villain, it's really boring. That's not meant as a criticism of Krystal Joy Brown's performance.

That was my feeling from the pro-shot as well.  The actress playing Gussie in the Chocolate Factory taping came across as shrill and self-serving.

MWRA is such a deceptively complex show on so many levels.  Getting the tone right is key to its success.

Last year I saw a fantastic production in Sydney at The Hayes Theatre.  Erin Clare (currently playing Doralee in a touring production of 9 to 5) was brilliant, and almost stole the show.  On the surface she was funny and seductive, but underneath, driven by career ambition.  

That being said, you could totally see why Franklin fell under her spell.

socjoc1107 Profile Photo
socjoc1107
#305Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/22/22 at 10:58pm

@TaffyDavenport: the true HERO and MASTER of theatre tickets  

barneyschreibercpa2
#306Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/22/22 at 10:59pm

anyone at tonight's preview? 

Springtime
#307Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 4:12am

From the NYTW website: This production runs approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes with one 15-minute intermission.

A link to the digital program in PDF: https://www.nytw.org/content/uploads/2022/11/MERRILY-WE-ROLL-ALONG-Digital-Program.pdf

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#308Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 8:07am

Got in from cancellation line last night. I believe there was 7 tickets.

It’s wonderful. Such a perfectly cast production. Jonathan Groff in particular blew my mind. My tears started at the first notes of Our Time. A masterclass in musical theatre.

BETTY22
#309Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 9:10am

The only seats left are for a benefit performance at $1,500. 

I would love to see it, but I just can't justify paying that even for a good cause. 

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#310Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 9:24am

Mark_E said: "Got in from cancellation line last night. I believe there was 7 tickets.

It’s wonderful. Such a perfectly cast production. Jonathan Groff in particular blew my mind. My tears started at the first notes of Our Time. A masterclass in musical theatre.
"

Wonder what time the line starts at.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

inception Profile Photo
inception
#311Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 9:52am

BETTY22 said: "The only seats left are for a benefit performance at $1,500.

I would love to see it, but I just can't justify paying that even for a good cause.
"

How soon will the announce a transfer?  Anything else yet set to take the Lyceum in the Spring?  Do we yet know exactly what show is rumored to have already rented the American Airlines Theatre?

Do I get my hopes up?

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#312Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 10:03am

The First Lady got to the line at 9:30 yesterday! Second guy at around 11:30 I believe then I was at 1pm. Then nobody for a while, a guy arrived at 3:30, he was offered a ticket for the next night sometime after I bought my ticket. Two ladies behind arrived maybe 4pm and got in at the last moment.

I’d say if you have the day it’s definitely worth giving it a try. But from what I gathered no tickets will be sold before 5pm.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#313Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 1:12pm

Just snagged two tickets front row for Sunday Mat! Idk how but feeling EXTREMLEY lucky!!!! Just keep checking the website folks!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#314Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 1:18pm

Alex M said: "Just snagged two tickets front row for Sunday Mat! Idk how but feeling EXTREMLEY lucky!!!! Just keep checking the website folks!"

That's funny. I was holding A 18 for a friend for a while, but she couldn't go. If that's one of yours, it looks like you timed it perfectly with when it released from my cart.

RAR85558
#315Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 1:22pm

Bravo! That is excellent. Have a great time. Sunday is the day that I was trying to get a ticket.

I was officially notified a little after 12pm today that I had NOT won the lottery for tonight. 

Sounds like perhaps the website and in person are the best way to do it. Wish that I didn't have to get from Phila to NYC each time to wait in line!

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#316Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 1:24pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Alex M said: "Just snagged two tickets front row for Sunday Mat! Idk how but feeling EXTREMLEY lucky!!!! Just keep checking the website folks!"

That's funny. I was holding A 18 for a friend for a while, but she couldn't go. If that's one of yours, it looks like you timed it perfectly with when it released from my cart.
"

Thank YOU !

ren598
#317Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 1:28pm

Seeing so many tickets being snagged at the last minutes gives us all hope.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure this trend will continue after the holiday weekend.  

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#318Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 1:45pm

Mark_E said: "The First Lady got to the line at 9:30 yesterday! Second guy at around 11:30 I believe then I was at 1pm. Then nobody for a while, a guy arrived at 3:30, he was offered a ticket for the next night sometime after I bought my ticket. Two ladies behind arrived maybe 4pm and got in at the last moment.

I’d say if you have the day it’s definitely worth giving it a try. But from what I gathered no tickets will be sold before 5pm.
"

Wow, yes, that's a full day commitment. 

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#319Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 2:13pm

Just got a single seat on the NYTW website for Tuesday, November 29. I've been refreshing the site all day and I guess persistence pays off. Looking forward to seeing the show next week!

RAR85558
#320Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 2:20pm

Wow - I have been refreshing as well (and getting very little work done) Nothing for me.

Enjoy - that is excellent!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#321Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 2:57pm

Slightly off-topic sorry, but came across this youth theatre advertisement of Merrily (2023 production). 'Semi-autobiographical' musical is a bit of a stretch! I think he has suggested that "Opening Doors" is one of (if not the only?) song that might be autobiographical. But the show itself is obviously not at all. 

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

A_Nicole079
#322Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 2:57pm

Is it an error until tickets pop up? I assume so

UrNotAMachine
#323Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 3:57pm

I was lucky enough to refresh the tickets page at exactly the right time around midnight last night and snagged a ticket for Saturday's performance! 

RAR85558
#324Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
Posted: 11/23/22 at 4:14pm

You are extremely lucky. I have been hitting the refresh button every few minutes, and nothing but the SOLD OUT letters appear. It really is a matter of the exact time that you happen to refresh. Oh well, you give us hope!

Videos