News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD- Page 17

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Frenchbacon
#400THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:40pm

Are people booing Bruce Springsteen? Why?

smidge
#401THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:41pm

Wish they were able to thank Michael Arden

Olivia11
#402THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Ol Blue Eyes, you’re completely wrong, as is the poster that cited religious beliefs, as an excuse for intolerance.

EVERYONE deserves love. E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E.

The recognition of gay marriage is not limited to the theatre. I was at lunch with a client, who works in investment banking, and I was pleasantly surprised when he nicely corrected someone who said “what does your wife think” with “my husband”.

I happen to be straight but have seen what hiding your relationships does to people. ... That’s right...people.

If you can’t handle someone mentioning their same sex spouse, then that’s your problem. Get over it.

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#403THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Frenchbacon said: "Are people booing Bruce Springsteen? Why?"

"BRUUUUUUUUUCE"

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#404THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

There was booing for Springsteen again. Does anyone know why they are booing him?

Just give the world Love.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#405THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Twitter says De Niro said “F Trump.”

How original, brave, stunning, nuanced, and intelligent of him.

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#406THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

They aren’t booing, they’re saying “Bruuuuuce”. 

TexanAddams18
#407THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

uncageg said: "There was booing for Springsteen again. Does anyone know why they are booing him?
"

BRUUUUUCE not BOOO

iwuldwf
#408THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:42pm

uncageg said: "There was booing for Springsteen again. Does anyone know why they are booing him?
"

They're saying BRUUUUUUUUCE, it happens at all his shows.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#409THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

"

WHY are some of you on here saying this???? 

They are chanting BRUCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#410THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

TexanAddams18 said: "I really hoping this means either anAmbrose or Hadden-Paton win but i'm not hopeful"

Me too, but I expect another The Band's Visit sweep there with maybe a Joshua Henry upset.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#411THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Lenk’s voice cracked, but she still gave a luminous performance. And watching Shaloub makes me want him to get that Tony even more now. Such a nuanced, beautiful, intimate performance.

And I’m excited for OOTI. They needed this!!!

Frenchbacon
#412THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:43pm

Elegance101 said: "Frenchbacon said: "Are people booing Bruce Springsteen? Why?"

"BRUUUUUUUUUCE"
"

That makes much more sense. Thanks!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#413THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

kade.ivy said: "Twitter says De Niro said “F Trump.”

"

Good for Deniro and yes F Trump!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#414THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Scarlet Leigh said: "MY HEART! OMG I can't believe OOTI did it! I am so insanely happy!

Also, can't wait to find out what DeNiro said.
"

Same here on both!  LOL! 

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#415THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Bruce is one of the nicest guys in the industry.  No one boos that man.  

BRUCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Now people can stop asking now that like a dozen people have confirmed this for you.

smidge
#416THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Elegance101 said: "Frenchbacon said: "Are people booing Bruce Springsteen? Why?"

"BRUUUUUUUUUCE"
"

Lol, this is how you can tell when people don't follow Springsteen

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#417THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

There's nothing more phony than Bruce still pretending that he's some hard blue collar average man.

Oak2
#418THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:44pm

Is that all the performances then? If so, these are my thoughts (Disclaimer: these are just my personal opinions and tastes, which everyone should be free to share on this site (as long as they aren't harmful/hateful), which do not invalidate yours, nor do yours invalidate mine. So please don't **** on me just for disliking something you love or loving something you hate, as I see is awfully common this board) 

Ranked from Favorite to Least Favorite

1) Once on This Island - WOW. That just looked amazing! Definitely buying a ticket. Looks like a blast to enjoy! 

2) My Fair Lady: Fantastic vocals, and Take Me to The Church On Time looked like a lot of fun. I also love Norbert Leo Butz so much, that it's very tempting to see this over SpongeBob now.

3) SpongeBob: That four-legged tap dancing floored me, and the scenery and costumes look so beautiful. It's actually really close between this and MFL - MFL is just currently put above because of personal bias in that I REALLY like Norbert Leo Butz.

4) Carousel - I know everything I've heard about this has been bad, and I hate what I hear about the changes made, but just based on this performance I liked it. Loved that choreography, and the singing seemed pretty good too. This seemed like a fun number, but from what I know about the show itself I probably wouldn't see it due to the cuts.

5) Frozen - I'm a huge Disney fanatic, so this may be some bias. However, I will say that while I loved Anna in this, I wasn't a fan of the Elsa - she looked way too old while Anna at least came off as young enough to me, and I didn't like the vocal stuff this Elsa did, it was grating to me. Will likely see on Tour.

6) Mean Girls - Meh. I love the movie, but wasn't a fan of how they performed this. It seemed just...plain. I didn't really DISLIKE it, but it's not something good enough that I'd want to pay money to see it.

7) The Band's Visit - Did not like this at all, I'm sorry. It's just not my kind of thing. I actually ended up zoning out of it about midway through, it just completely failed to be interesting enough to hold my attention. Will not be seeing this show because of this performance. 

Again, I am aware that my opinions may differ from some others, but that does not make them any less valid, nor do my opinions invalidate any of yours. (I also differed from Tony Voters last year, in that season I actually watched all the nominees before the Tonys, and the only one I actively disliked was Dear Evan Hansen, while my favorite by a country mile was Come From Away).

Regardless of what I thought of the performances, I'm very happy for The Band's Visit for getting its awards (and especially Yazbeck finally getting an award - I love the cast recording of Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown?)  as it is clearly a great show beloved by many others - just not me it seems.  I'd much rather see SpongeBob, which I'm sorry is not getting love (and especially sorry that it's suffering financially), but I hope it does much better at finding audiences and selling tickets on tour. I know I'll certainly be seeing it either on tour or on broadway (with My Fair Lady being the other show from this season I see, either on tour or Broadway - OOTI is definitely getting a Broadway viewing from me!)

Long live Broadway, and may it continue to make a great variety of shows appealing to all kinds of people, and may every show ultimately find its audience and find success! 

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#419THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:44pm

Robbie2 said: "kade.ivy said: "Twitter says De Niro said “F Trump.”

"

Good for Deniro and yes F Trump!
"

I hope you both feel better.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#420THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:45pm

There's nothing more phony than Bruce still pretending that he's some hard blue collar average man.

Oh shut up.  You haven't seen the show.  It's about his CHILDHOOD and LIFE.  Nothing phony about his performance or show.  

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#421THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:45pm

kade.ivy said: "How original, brave, stunning, nuanced, and intelligent of him."

It might not be any of those things, but it still needs to be said as frequently and loudly as possible. F*CK TRUMP AND F*CK HIS GARBAGE SUPPORTERS.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#422THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:46pm

Bruce ROCKED it!

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#423THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:46pm

I'm feeling better. F**K Trump!

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#424THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:47pm

EllieRose2 said: "There's nothing more phony than Bruce still pretending that he's some hard blue collar average man.

Oh shut up. You haven't seen the show. It's about his CHILDHOOD and LIFE. Nothing phony about his performance or show.
"

If people are paying hundreds of dollars to see this boring nonsense I feel bad for them. Get him off the stage already. 

Videos