News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD- Page 19

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#450THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:57pm

Don't agree at all with Tony Shaloub and I like him but meh, the performance didn't impress me much at all.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#451THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

So Carousel ends up winning the most Tonys out of all the revivals.

richsmo
#452THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "richsmo said: "JBC3 said: "Theatre-goers who cannot handle someone thanking his husband should probably stay at home lest they accidentally come to a show that will more deeply challenge their delicate sensibilities."

How about "deeply offend their religious values" ? I guess there no Tolerance in this "inclusive community" for that kind of diversity. It's not called bigotry, it's called keep your private affairs private.If you cannot conceive of the possibility of someone sincerely believing that gay marriage is wrong, then maybe you are the delicate one, snowflake.

"

You're in the wrong board and wrong community. Asking gay people to not thank their husbands and wives is like telling the straight people to not acknowledge their spouses and children. If a white person thanked his/her black spouse or vice versa would you be saying the same thing? People used to use religious arguments to argue for slavery and against integration as well. Gay marriage is legal in all fifty states and non-discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation exists in 21 states and in more cities.
"

This is the board for people who love theater, and the thread for discussing recognition for excellence in theater. I am on exactly the right board. I will not keep my morals and ideals in the closet any more than you will. And I do appreciate what you are saying, that it's not reasonable to ask gay people to not mention their loved ones. I'll think about it some more. It's equally not reasonable to expect me to be able to share the Tonys with my young kids if men make it all a big show about singing to their husbands. One day my kids will be older and more sophisticated and able to understand and empathize with all people, all of whom are made God's image. 

The racial thing is a straw man argument. Religion has nothing to say about the kind of racial intermarriage you are talking about.

Theatre is a self-professed open community, where outcasts are welcome. As a person who is religious I am definitely an outcast in secular society, and I would expect more from you all, more inclusivity and tolerance, than I've seen so far. 

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#453THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:58pm

Wow, so the show that is probably in the most danger is Spongebob.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#454THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:58pm

Both Tony and Katrina gives such subtle, beautiful, truthful performances. Both are completely deserved wins.

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#455THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:59pm

Miles2Go2 said: "My grades of the performances so far:
Opening number: A+
Mean Girls: C-
My Fair Lady: A+
Spongebob Squarepants: A
Josh/Sara’s second number: A+
Carousel: B-
Seasons of Love - Parkland: A
Frozen: B-
You Will Be Found (In Memoriam): A
Summer: B
Once on This Island: A+
The Band’s Visit: A
Bruce Springsteen: B-
"

Robert Di Niro   F

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

non-stop26 Profile Photo
non-stop26
#456THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:59pm

Uhhh Carousel has won more Tonys than MFL...

Updated On: 6/10/18 at 10:59 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#457THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 11:00pm

non-stop26 said: "Uhhh Carousel has won more Tony’s than MFL..."

And Once on This Island.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#458THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

WHY all the hate for Bruce....Chill people and why are we grading performances? Children on this board.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#459THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

South Fl Marc said: "Dear Sondheimite - you are horse**** I sincerely hope all naysayers heads explode

"

Do you know me?  Why would you launch words like this at me because you don't agree with my opinions on theatre?  You are the type of person that makes theatre a pretentious place where people are scared to join the community because of backlash from fVckweeds who think that they are gatekeepers.  

But since this is how you communicate, I'll mirror:
Grow up and I hope they find your ugly head during your next prostate examination, you bitter old claptrap. 

Broadway World's Fireman.
Updated On: 6/10/18 at 11:00 PM

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#460THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Sondheimite said: "It's horsesh!t that Ethan didn't win.

The Tony Awards are political nonsense. We need new VOTERS who aren't bitchy old queens trying to make a point.
"

In a previous post you said that I must be a lot of fun at parties. I guess you should know, though I doubt you get invited to very many.  

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#461THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Tony's?  Its Tonys.  

Oak2
#462THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

EllieRose2 said: ""If people are paying hundreds of dollars to see this boring nonsense I feel bad for them. Get him off the stage already."

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Yeah, that is why it extended almost a year past it's original closing date. You're a moron. Get out of here and never comment on a show you haven't seen and knowNOTHING about.
"

He is allowed to dislike it and find it boring. I did as well. If this is what the show is like, I absolutely would not waste money on this, it would just be paying hundreds for a long nap, because that just about put me to sleep. Though to be fair, I personally don't like Springsteen at all in the first place - despise his voice. But that doesn't make my opinion, or the other person's, any less valid. The Tony performances are to give us a view of what the show is like, and this was Springsteen's - and from what he showed of his show, some people are going to find it boring and not want to see it. And that's ok. If you think everyone should be required to only share your tastes and opinions on subjective media, that means you're just pure evil. Thought policing and trying to force everyone to think the same as you about subjective media is evil.

Shh_413
#463THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Realized that Mean Girls is tied with Scottsboro Boys for biggest shutout. 12-0

Sondheimite
#464THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 11:01pm

Updated On: 6/10/18 at 11:01 PM

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#465THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 11:01pm

denali.fire said: "Miles2Go2 said: "My grades of the performances so far:
Opening number: A+
Mean Girls: C-
My Fair Lady: A+
Spongebob Squarepants: A
Josh/Sara’s second number: A+
Carousel: B-
Seasons of Love - Parkland: A
Frozen: B-
You Will Be Found (In Memoriam): A
Summer: B
Once on This Island: A+
The Band’s Visit: A
Bruce Springsteen: B-
"

Robert Di Niro F*ck Trump”

There I fixed it for you! 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#466THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 11:02pm

Did Lauren Ambrose mouth "Big Deal" after Once on this Island performed?

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Impossible2
#467THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Shh_413 said: "Realized that Mean Girls is tied with Scottsboro Boys for biggest shutout. 12-0"

It could still win Best Musical...

Oak2
#468THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Sondheimite said: "South Fl Marc said: "Dear Sondheimite - you are horse**** I sincerely hope all naysayers heads explode

"

Do you know me? Why would you launch words like this at me because you don't agree with my opinions on theatre? You are the type of person that makes theatre a pretentious place where people are scared to join the community because of backlash from fVckweeds who think that they are gatekeepers.

Grow up and I hope they find your ugly head during your next prostate examination, you bitter old claptrap.
"

Well said Sondheimite. While I don't share all of your tastes and opinions on some of these performances, I respect that you are anti-gatekeeper and against the pretentious elitist snobs who try to police what other people are allowed to like and dislike. 

briansb
#469THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 11:03pm

Congrats Band's Visit! Best of the year by far, and one of the best originals in awhile. All deserved.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#470THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

I nearly fell asleep while Bruce was performing.

Darreyl with an L!

Frenchbacon
#471THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

In my opinion based on the disappointing performance, TBV did NOT deserve Best Musical. But, as always, the ATW can never be relied on.

Shh_413
#472THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Impossible2 said: "Shh_413 said: "Realized that Mean Girls is tied with Scottsboro Boys for biggest shutout. 12-0"

It could still win Best Musical...
"

Hahahaha. I'm sorry. No.

CoercedBull Profile Photo
CoercedBull
#473THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

Shh_413 said: "Realized that Mean Girls is tied with Scottsboro Boys for biggest shutout. 12-0"

Except the Mean Girls shutout makes sense, and the Scottsboro Boys one still hurts my heart

Sondheimite
#474THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
Posted: 6/10/18 at 11:04pm

Oak2 said: "Sondheimite said: "South Fl Marc said: "Dear Sondheimite - you are horse**** I sincerely hope all naysayers heads explode

"

Do you know me? Why would you launch words like this at me because you don't agree with my opinions on theatre? You are the type of person that makes theatre a pretentious place where people are scared to join the community because of backlash from fVckweeds who think that they are gatekeepers.

"

Well said Sondheimite. While I don't share all of your tastes and opinions on some of these performances, I respect that you are anti-gatekeeper and against the pretentious elitist snobs who try to police what other people are allowed to like and dislike.
"

Thank you.  I'm sick of gatekeeping in all fandoms.  It does nothing but invalidate the community and, in turn, invalidate the art in many peoples eyes.

Videos