News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 61

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

aaaaaa15
#1500The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/19/16 at 3:09am

JayElle said: "Playbill shows Andrew as a swing cast member.  He used to alternate with Seth for the Jefferson/Lafayette role.  Is he leaving"

No, Seth has been the principal Lafayette/Jefferson for a couple of months now.

Mediamaven2
#1501The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/19/16 at 9:57am

gypsy101 said: "https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Church_(Manhattan)

it's this main one here, 75 Broadway

Over the last couple of years the few times I've been there the garden/cemetery is always closed. Clearly there must be some times it is open, or not? Is it just for vip appointments? I literally have never in all my years in NYC seen it open. Not that I am down there much. But even when I worked in that neighborhood, briefly, and would sometimes be there  it would be closed!  Yeah you can peer through the fence but that's it...even on line there is NO info about it. 

Please illuminate me if anyone knows...

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#1502The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/19/16 at 7:12pm

Mediamaven2 said: "Over the last couple of years the few times I've been there the garden/cemetery is always closed. Clearly there must be some times it is open, or not? Is it just for vip appointments? I literally have never in all my years in NYC seen it open. Not that I am down there much. But even when I worked in that neighborhood, briefly, and would sometimes be there  it would be closed!  Yeah you can peer through the fence but that's it...even on line there is NO info about it. 

Please illuminate me if anyone knows...

I went around 2pm on a weekday in April and I believe it closes at 4pm, but I sat on a bench in the garden past 4pm.  That's all I know on my end.

KingOPancakes
#1503The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/20/16 at 10:12pm

So my second performance is now in the books and I have to say, Michael Luwoye is absolutely brilliant. It kills me to think he only goes on stage once each week. BVD was phenomenal again as well. 

My first time was Renee's last day and now I got to see Anthony's last performance. The crowd went crazy when he first came out and gave him a wonderful ovation during curtain calls.  He ripped his wig off during his bows and everyone laughed. It was so great to see him and Oak together as my first time I had Thayne and Andrew Chapelle as Laurens and Mulligan. 

Nicholas Christopher is far better than I expected as Washington. I loved Chris Jackson, and Nicholas has a similar strength to his voice. I was very pleased with his performance. 

I've now seen Seth Stewart as Laff/Jeff both times.   His French hasn't improved any but I still enjoy his Jefferson. I know how hard it must be to replace Daveed, but I would really like to witness someone other than Seth in the role at some point. 

I'll finish by saying how impressed I was with the cast today. Start to finish it was sung through 100% on the nose. With the lyrics packed as densely as they are and how fast paced it is, I figured there'd have to be at least one flub every show. I wonder how often they're able to flawlessly hit all 20,000 words.  It's really remarkable. 

Politically speaking, there was one homeless looking man holding a sign that said "Boo Hamilton" as we walked into the theater, no disturbances during the show, and then maybe a dozen protestors holding American flags at the exit chanting "Get off the fence. Apologize to Pence." I get the impression the "Boycott Hamilton" movement will lose steam and head back to Starbucks within a week. "Immigrants, we get the job done" did get a bigger applause break than normal as expected. 

All in all it was another fantastic performance and I now have to wait until September 4th for my next visit. Unless I break down and buy another ticket between now and then. 

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#1504The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/21/16 at 11:58am

Out of curiosity, when did Anthony start wearing a wig?

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#1505The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/21/16 at 2:37pm

"Get off the fence, apologize to Pence"  is a really, really, really dumb chant.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1506The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/22/16 at 11:10am

Jordan Fisher is officially Broadway's new Philip/Laurens! Anybody going this week that can report back on how he is?

January Brown
#1507The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/22/16 at 4:23pm

Anyone else thinking of going to this? I'm sure its going to be crazy packed.  Wondering what might be a good time to show up.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/HAMILTON-Cast-to-Perform-Songs-from-the-Show-for-Free-at-BROADWAY-AT-W-20161122

brdway411
Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#1509The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/28/16 at 7:07am

Saw Ham on Friday night for our 4th viewing.  2 with Original Cast (and Lin), one two months ago with Michael Luwoye filling in for Javi but most of the current (at that time) cast, and then this weekend.

Michael was filling in as Hamilton again, and his improvement in just over 2 months was incredible. We thought he was tentative the first time but this weekend he was strong and passionate and owned the role.  We had many other fill ins as well.  We saw Seth Stewart as Lafayette/Jefferson last time and thought he was ok, Jevon was in the role on Friday and other than a bit of a weak French accent we thought he was pretty good.  Nicholas Christopher was great as Washington, but the biggest surprises to us were how good Jordan Fisher was as Laurens/Phillip and Andrew Chappelle was powerful as Mulligan/Madison.  We're big Oak fans but Chappelle was quite impressive.

BroadwayConcierge
#1510The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/28/16 at 11:36am

Does anybody know who has assumed Carleigh Bettiol's ensemble track since she departed the show on the 20th?

HeleneIsASlut
#1511The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/28/16 at 12:04pm

Lauren Boyd is Carleigh's replacement. She hasn't started yet. Eliza Ohman who is the swing for both Chicago and Broadway has been doing The Woman 1 track this week.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#1512The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/28/16 at 12:18pm

Donald Weber Jr has also joined the cast, replacing  Roddy Kennedy as Phillip Schuyler/Doctor/James Reynolds

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#1513The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/30/16 at 12:51pm

I finally saw Hamilton last night for the first time and was very impressed by the cast, but is the general conseus that Lexi Lawson is the weak link? Her performance was very underwhelming and it felt like a throwaway role until the finale when I finally felt something for her. Otherwise, Javier, Brandon, Mandy, and Nicholas Christopher were pretty amazing, none of them felt like replacements. 

Updated On: 11/30/16 at 12:51 PM

neonlightsxo
#1514The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/30/16 at 12:54pm

"is the general conseus that Lexi Lawson is the weak link?"

Yeah, definitely. It's actually impressive to me how many people don't like her. Multiple people on this board, plus multiple people who I know in real life have told me how much they disliked her. Anyway, glad you liked the rest of them!

Updated On: 11/30/16 at 12:54 PM

KingOPancakes
#1515The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/2/16 at 10:30am

"is the general conseus that Lexi Lawson is the weak link?"

I'm in the minority here.  I've seen Lexi twice and thought she did a fine job.  My most recent trip I saw Mandy as Angelica and was let down.  She didn't command your attention like Renee did so Satisfied just seemed like another song instead of the powerful emotional moment it should be.  However, she DID go higher at the end on "...and the hope that you provide. May you ALWAYS..." which I've heard Alysha Deslorieux do on youtube, and that was pretty phenomenal.

BroadwayConcierge
#1516The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/2/16 at 10:35am

KingOPancakes said: "I'm in the minority here.  I've seen Lexi twice and thought she did a fine job.  My most recent trip I saw Mandy as Angelica and was let down.  She didn't command your attention like Renee did so Satisfied just seemed like another song instead of the powerful emotional moment it should be.  However, she DID go higher at the end on "...and the hope that you provide. May you ALWAYS..." which I've heard Alysha Deslorieux do on youtube, and that was pretty phenomenal."

TOTALLY in the same boat as you. Definitely didn't think Lawson gave as remotely a strong performance  as Soo, but she totally grew on me, and left me devastated by the end. I was highly impressed by her by the curtain call. Though Mandy, sadly, no. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1517The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/2/16 at 4:19pm

Andrew Chappelle is on as Burr tonight!

https://twitter.com/Achapphawk/status/804788273315016704

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#1518The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/2/16 at 4:49pm

LizzieCurry said: "Andrew Chappelle is on as Burr tonight!

"

It is amazing the amount of roles he has gone on for. Hope to hear how he does.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

BroadwayConcierge
#1519The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/2/16 at 4:50pm

HOLY CRAP! I would kill to be in tonight's audience! How amazing!!!

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#1520The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/2/16 at 8:04pm

Wow! Good for him! I know he's the third (or fourth, even) cover for the role, but the dude is a rock star. I think he'll be great--the way I've seen him do the dramatic parts of Laurens/Philip is fab.

I think this just reason #421870 that Chappelle is the definition of super swing.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1521The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/3/16 at 4:15am

holy crap that is fantastic. He has now played Burr, Lafayette/Jefferson, Mulligan/Madison, Laurens/Philip and King George... only parts he hasn't played are Washington and Hamilton, right? wouldn't that be thrilling if he played each principal male role

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1522The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/3/16 at 4:15am

holy crap that is fantastic. He has now played Burr, Lafayette/Jefferson, Mulligan/Madison, Laurens/Philip and King George... only parts he hasn't played are Washington and Hamilton, right? wouldn't that be thrilling if he played each principal male role

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

akmiller_98
#1523The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/3/16 at 8:53am

And it seems that Usher was at the show tonight too!  I don't know how to link to Twitter but lots of cast members posted pictures with him. Talk about pressure. Andrew must have been dying right before "wait for It"

Updated On: 12/3/16 at 08:53 AM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1524The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/3/16 at 9:49am

To link to a tweet, click on the time stamp on a person's twitter stream, and you'll get the URL to an individual tweet.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Videos