News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm- Page 10

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs. at 10 pm

isntitromantic Profile Photo
isntitromantic
#225stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 2:54pm

Personally, Hilton has it wrong when he calls me a fan. Never saw Next to Normal, never seen Alice Ripley perform, just abhor the f** word. God bless, Alice, you did the right thing.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#226stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:02pm

Will Lin-Manuel Miranda translate half the lyrics into Crazy?

I KID! I KID! Loved Ms. Ripley in NEXT TO NORMAL. And I especially loved her Audrey in LITTLE SHOP. She was just magnificent, and I wish they kept her for the Broadway production.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#227stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm

That fat, washed up f**k Perez Hilton is upset because someone used "the F word" when angry?

I guess it's only okay when he does it.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#228stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm

Oh good lord! WHO was ever planning on going? Did one person besides the original poster say ANYthing about going? Not that I can remember. Damn, they will run with anything.

And the apology was well said and totally accepted.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#229stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:04pm

isntiromatic, now that we're all friends again, you should check out Alice's work.

She is a phenomenal performer.

JG2, I think (hope!) everyone's just joking now.

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#230stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:07pm

"JG2, I think (hope!) everyone's just joking now."

I dunno... type Alice's name into the search on Twitter - it's pretty crazy.

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#231stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:17pm

Funny, Perez can use the offending term to attack will.i.am but Alice can't. Things that make you go hmmm.....

This doesn't vex me like it does others. I have no problem with gay men using the word.

I'm confused about PalJoey's post, though. Are you saying you support her for using the Fag word? Updated On: 6/8/10 at 03:17 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#232stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:17pm

With all this coverage now I wonder if people actually are going to show up for the "protest"

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#233stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:24pm

Phyllis, I have a problem with Perez using the word more than Alice, because Perez himself is not an upstanding gay man. He is a self-loathing hate monger. He contributes very little to any conversation about the gay community if it doesn't involve how fat Britney is or Zac Efron's gay face.

Alice, on the other hand, has always been pro-LGBT and vocal about it. She is more of an ally than Perez who is gay.

I don't like the word being used but I have less of a problem with Ripley. I just wish her thoughts were more coherent.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#234stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:27pm

I think that's fair enough, and your point is taken. Mind you, I do not like Perez and find him to be something of a scourge, but I still land on the side of gay people being able to use the word.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#235stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:32pm

Robbie, thank you for addressing the gay activist thing. I didn't agree and was about to throw some creds out of my own. I don't feel that my activism has any bearing on how I feel about this. JMO

This has been quite the interesting conversation.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 6/8/10 at 03:32 PM

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#236stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:42pm

I think Sharon Stone and Alice were both born in the same town in Crazyland.

“I’ve been called a bitch — and a lot worse — for years. And you know what, so what? [Italics hers] People who think that aren’t going to change their minds. And I wouldn’t dream of sending them to therapy to ‘rehabilitate’ their feelings. How absurd. … Please, I call all my gay friends ‘big fags.’”

That’s actress Sharon Stone referring to the Isaiah Washington Incident, as quoted by gossip columnist Liz Smith.

Unfortunately, Stone doesn’t tell us if she calls all her straight male friends “big pricks,” her lesbian friends “big dykes,” or her straight female friends “big ****s.” It’s equally unfortunate that we never learn the colorful names Sharon Stone calls her black friends, her Jewish friends, her Episcopalian friends, or her Western Samoan friends (if any).

http://www.altfg.com/blog/actors/sharon-stone-isaiah-washington-gay-slurs/

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#237stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:44pm

It has been an interesting conversation. And the one thing I hope that comes out of it is that straight people have no business telling gay people who to feel about things like this. Cause they really don't get a say.

FindingNamo
#238stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:56pm

MrMidwest, are you saying Sharon Stone's straight friends have big pricks? If you know any of them, please send them my way. Including that ex-husband.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#239stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 3:59pm

chellie said, "Yes, let's draw completely unrelated parallels." when I said "where was all of this anger when Bush was in office"

Unrelated? pull your head out, sock.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#240stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 4:10pm

"Yeah, I found the "Where was all this during the Newsweek article and Bush years" thing more funny than serious."

Well, yea.

Oh, the percieved outrage some people have.

I'm seeing more anger from a small group of queens about this than I saw in 8 years of Bush in office.

But, whatever floats your boats...

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#241stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 4:34pm

I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW THIS LITTLE INCIDENT BLEW UP LIKE THIS.

There are REAL FAG-HATERS to bring your little demonstrations to. Why Alice Ripley? Because she works with hundreds of gays in a theatre community and is supposed to be supportive and understanding and perfect?

Like I said before, ALICE RIPLEY LOVES THE GAYS. SHE SUPPORTS US. SHE SUPPORTS OUR RIGHTS. Anyone that knows her knows this. To make this an issue is ridiculous.

Personally, I THINK ANY ONE WHO HAS USED THE TERM "FAG HAG" is just as bad. And I've known TONS of gays and straight women to THRIVE on the phrase.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#242stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 4:39pm

Yes, Capn, your insistence on turning this conversation into a discussion about M&Ms pretty much made your thoughts clear.

I don't think I've used the phrase Fag Hag since 1993 or so, for what it's worth.

Oh - and I think why Alice Ripley - because she pejoratively used the word Fag in her Facebook post and then said a lot of strange things before finally apologizing.

Reginald Tresilian
#243stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 4:50pm

It's over, kids.

At this point if anyone claims to be "on Alice's side," I take that to mean that they agree with her own assessment of the incident: "It was careless and thoughtless."

Those are Alice's words. If you disagree, take it up with her.

Updated On: 6/8/10 at 04:50 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#244stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 4:57pm

I know. I was just responding to Capn's nonsense.

Reginald Tresilian
#245stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 4:59pm

I wasn't talking to you, Phyl.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#246stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 5:00pm

I know, baby. Don't be such a baby! (Notice I didn't say FAG!)

isntitromantic Profile Photo
isntitromantic
#247stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 5:00pm

Of course, if Ms. Ripley had used the term "theaterfag" that would have been acceptable.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#248stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm
Posted: 6/8/10 at 5:01pm

I responded with nonsense to nonsense.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Phyllis Rogers Stone

Videos