News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

SIX: THE MUSICAL ON BROADWAY- Page 22

SIX: THE MUSICAL ON BROADWAY

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#525Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/3/19 at 2:35pm

Shh_413 said: "What Tony categories could it be nominated for? It's a shoo-in for Best Musical, Score, and Lighting Design. Probably Best Book, Costumes, and maybe Direction and Choreography. What else?."

....You’re being playful, right? 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#526Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/3/19 at 2:37pm

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "Shh_413 said: "What Tony categories could it be nominated for? It's a shoo-in for Best Musical, Score, and Lighting Design. Probably Best Book, Costumes, and maybe Direction and Choreography. What else?."

....You’re being playful, right?
"

We get it,sis. - you dont like the show. 

I think it could get a nomination for book, score, and 100% for lighting. 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#527Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/3/19 at 7:15pm

Valentina3 said: "What was the runtime for Hedwig? That was a one-act musical as well, very concert style"

100 minutes 

illiniparkie Profile Photo
illiniparkie
#528Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/4/19 at 2:07am

Saw this tonight with the family. I liked it a lot. The ladies are very talented and the choreography, lighting and costumes were outstanding. The music is catchy and the lyrics are smart, poignant and funny. The audience ate it up (it seemed there are some Six groupies out there who have seen the show multiple times based on the crowd’s response). I was surprised how relevant and touching it was having gone to the show cold, just knowing the basic concept from reading the comments in this thread.

I can see this doing very well in New York. I don’t know how you could lengthen it unless you add another group song or clarifying dialogue, the former which I don’t think is needed and the latter which may be helpful to add to character motivation and relationships.

There was a joyful shared experience between the performers and audience tonight that made this a fun theatrical event.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#529Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/4/19 at 5:58pm

"....You’re being playful, right?"

Are YOU being playful? You haven't even seen the show.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#530Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/4/19 at 7:00pm

I have to smile at the "the show should be longer" posts since the near constant comment on most shows is "Could be better if it cut ten minutes" (without ever specifying which ten minutes to cut)

I do have a question about how the length is calculated - are people including the Megasix?

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#531Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/4/19 at 8:32pm

They just announced at tonight’s show that SIX is coming back to Chicago in July 2020 at the Broadway Playhouse!

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#532Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/4/19 at 10:27pm

TheSassySam said: "They just announced at tonight’s show that SIX is coming back to Chicago in July 2020 at the Broadway Playhouse! "

I wonder if the cast is going to be different. I mean unless the Broadway run is very limited (opening March and closing before July, seems unlikely imo), it would have to be a completely different cast.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#533Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/4/19 at 10:37pm

The only other data point is that the current UK tour is booked through 5 July 2020. But, I doubt that cast could make it to Chicago in time!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#534Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/5/19 at 12:38am

Im guessing there will be a concurrent production.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

LightsOut90
#535Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/5/19 at 1:02am

seems really odd to open a sit down production only MONTHS after opening on Broadway....

metropolis10111 Profile Photo
metropolis10111
#536Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/5/19 at 8:43am

Given the Six mania in the city right now it's understandable 

Six heading to Broadway

Updated On: 8/5/19 at 08:43 AM

Mister Matt
#537Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/5/19 at 9:27am

seems really odd to open a sit down production only MONTHS after opening on Broadway....

It's a 16-week engagement.  Not sure if it is meant to stay or possibly launch a US tour.

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#539Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/5/19 at 4:15pm

I just hope it doesnt go too hard, too fast. I thought it would want to let it settle on Broadway first but nah.. 

*In my Oprah voice**
"YOU GET A SIX AND YOU GET A SIX AND YOU GET A SIX. EVERY.BODY.GETS.A.SIX"

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#540Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/5/19 at 4:20pm

SIX seems to be doing what Be More Chill wishes it could’ve done - it’s trending online, has a big following and hype, and is actually able to pull through with real productions to meet demand. Conventional? No. But money is money. Sure, they could wait until the dust on Broadway settles, but why not strike on a US Tour & AUS run while it’s hot? It’s definitely a hot commodity and not an expensive one to run. Queens - queens everywhere!

Mister Matt
#541Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/5/19 at 4:46pm

Well...I think it also helps that Six is a good show.

JeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
#542Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/5/19 at 4:49pm

Chris Jones just put out a piece on the return Chicago engagement. As mentioned above, it's an initial 16-week engagement, separate cast from the Broadway show, but it has the goal of being a sit-down production after the initial engagement ends.

Considering the continuing buzz here about the show, and assuming it continues to build during the initial Broadway run/Tony season, this could be a solid hit again for Chicago (I've had non-theatre fan friends start asking me about it over the past week, wondering if they could get tickets - they were disappointed to hear they missed out). Plus, the house is small enough to pack in people continuously (assuming the overhead isn't too large). It's an interesting strategy, to be sure.

Here's the article (sorry, I don't know how to embed it): https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/chris-jones/ct-ott-six-musical-back-chicago-0809-20190805-dhebyx3jdzfyfdinmlitxe6kqi-story.html

Impossible2
#543Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/5/19 at 5:09pm

Mister Matt said: "Well...I think it also helps that Six is a good show."

I was just going to say that.

Looks like London have introduced 'Premium Seating' at 65 quid which is a bit cheeky considering it is literally only about 30 seats in a tiny theatre.

Hopefully they will use the money to fix the toilets x

It is sold out for the whole of August already, they really should move it to a bigger theatre.

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#544Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/6/19 at 9:56am

I was lucky enough to be in Chicago for the closing performance and it was truly magical.  I will say, as much as I enjoyed Ms. Hicks as the original US Aragon, I really loved having a Latina in the role, it added to the diversity of the cast (which is what they are going for).   Nicole Kyoung-Mi was giving me Sara Ramirez vibes and I was living for it.   I hope they decide to take her with them - in a better fitted costume.   

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

RagzJr
#545Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/6/19 at 10:07am

I wonder, then, if the current US cast will be utilized for the Chicago engagement & tour while the Broadway production will feature a new cast.  

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#546Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/6/19 at 11:44am

RagzJr said: "I wonder, then, if the current US cast will be utilized for the Chicago engagement & tour while the Broadway production will feature a new cast."

I can’t imagine.  It makes more financial sense for the to just recast .

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#547Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/6/19 at 1:07pm

DAME said: "RagzJr said: "I wonder, then, if the current US cast will be utilized for the Chicago engagement & tour while the Broadway production will feature a new cast."

I can’t imagine. It makes more financial sense for the to just recast .
"

What great opportunities for young women lie ahead!   Very exiting!  I’m curious.. was Chicago shakes a rental?  Or were they producers as well?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#548Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/6/19 at 1:17pm

Mister Matt said: "Well...I think it also helps that Six is a good show."

Did you make it to closing?  Lots of fun social media on it.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Mister Matt
#549Six heading to Broadway
Posted: 8/6/19 at 1:40pm

Did you make it to closing?  Lots of fun social media on it.

I really wanted to, but it sold out early and tickets on Stubhub were going for over $300 each.  I'd rather put that money towards a trip to see it on Broadway (already have plans to see it in London next year).

Videos