News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#625HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 12:21pm

I really regret buying cheap Balcony tickets (row E, 106-7). Would love to be closer... :'(

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Dollypop
#626HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 12:22pm

As for Bette grabbing the wall in the title song: that's part of the staging. You can find photos online of Merman doing so. I wasn't at the performance that was being describes a few posts earlier, so I don't know if Bette hammed it up at that performance.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#627HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 1:26pm

To answer ALL these inquiries regarding obstructed views, here goes: 

Horace's 3-tier store/apartment set and Irene Malloy's hat shop set never extend to the wings so there shouldn't be any partial view issues whatsoever during these scenes except during the closet sequences that take place house right.  The only set that does create partial view issues is the Harmonia Gardens' 2 circular curtained private dining room sets - one house left and one house right (which slightly glides forward and backwards).  Depending on where you're sitting, you'll most likely miss the action inside the private dining room on your side but will have a clear view into the private dining room set opposite your seat.   

NOTE: Cornelius, Irene, Minnie & Barnaby are in the private dining room - house left.  Horace & Ernestina are in the one house right. 

Also, Bette/Dolly's dining table is moved forward to the house left area during the polka dance contest and remains there during most of the court room scene so you could be getting a slight view of her side if you're sitting house left.  Maybe not as she is slightly angled towards the audience.  

I hope this helps many on here.  

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#628HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 1:38pm

Valentina3 said: "I really regret buying cheap Balcony tickets (row E, 106-7). Would love to be closer... :'("

I got a last minute ticket on StubHub for the last row in the balcony. Row J seat 1 to the left. The view was fine. Didn't miss a thing. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#629HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 2:02pm

Don't regret it. You will be fine. This thread is sadly taking a turn to a seat advice colum.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#630HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 2:39pm

I'm so looking forward to seeing it.  I have tickets for Saturday night, May 6th.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#631HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 2:39pm

The only thing I regret is not buying more tickets when they went on sale!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#632HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 3:05pm

DAME said: "Don't regret it. You will be fine. This thread is sadly taking a turn to a seat advice colum.  

I agree with DAME. Can't someone start ONE thread for EVERY show for seating advice and stay well away from the show chatter.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#633HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 3:54pm

This production of Dolly is PURE Bliss ~ Bette is SENSATIONAL!

It is the NOT TO BE MISSED SHOW of the Year! Once it opens on 4/20 the run will SELL OUT...get tickets now b4 it's too late!

Just did an additional search and seats are available in the Mezz-Balcony for August & November.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#634HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 5:11pm

I love that it's opening on 420.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#635HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 5:15pm

DAME said: "I love that it's opening on 420.

"

Kisses to you.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#636HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 5:23pm

Wet ones !

Updated On: 4/11/17 at 05:23 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#637HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 10:36pm

I'm seeing THE LITTLE FOXES at 2:00p tomorrow, so, just for the hell of it, I decided to see if a single seat was available for HELLO, DOLLY at 8:00p. I had checked earlier, but all they had were premium tickets. Just now, at 10:20p, a single $189 seat in the Center Orchestra, Row S showed up on Telecharge. I'm not used to spending that much on a ticket, but I decided to treat myself! 

Updated On: 4/11/17 at 10:36 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#638HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 11:21pm

CT2NYC said: "I'm seeing THE LITTLE FOXES at 2:00p tomorrow, so, just for the hell of it, I decided to see if a single seat was available for HELLO, DOLLY at 8:00p. I had checked earlier, but all they had were premium tickets. Just now, at 10:20p, a single $189 seat in the Center Orchestra, Row S showed up on Telecharge. I'm not used to spending that much on a ticket, but I decided to treat myself! "

Have a great time and enjoy! Out of curiosity I looked and there were no more $189 ticket prices for tomorrow eve. However, for the matinee, I found a $189 ticket available for front row center mezzanine and a few seats away $299 front row center mezzanine tickets ---- all on the same row and section! 

I also noticed that the front row for center orch seats were decreased to $299 from $550 (almost 50% off). In a way, I guess it's Telecharge's way of being like a TKTS booth. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#639HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/11/17 at 11:48pm

Wick3 said: "CT2NYC said: "I'm seeing THE LITTLE FOXES at 2:00p tomorrow, so, just for the hell of it, I decided to see if a single seat was available for HELLO, DOLLY at 8:00p. I had checked earlier, but all they had were premium tickets. Just now, at 10:20p, a single $189 seat in the Center Orchestra, Row S showed up on Telecharge. I'm not used to spending that much on a ticket, but I decided to treat myself! "

Have a great time and enjoy! Out of curiosity I looked and there were no more $189 ticket prices for tomorrow eve. 

Actually, Row S, seat 104 is still showing up as available for tomorrow night.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#640HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/12/17 at 8:28am

I'm just amazed on how little social media there is on this show from members of the company .  I wonder if there is a privacy clause issued by Midlers  people .

Updated On: 4/12/17 at 08:28 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#641HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/12/17 at 8:30am

DAME said: "I'm just at smazed on how little social media there is on this show from members of the company .  I wonder if there is a privacy clause issued by Midlers  people"

They probably want to be respectful, and the show probably isn't encouraging it, since they don't need to move any tickets.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#642HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/12/17 at 9:09am

DAME, I mentioned the same thing to my mom on Saturday when I took her to the show.  It seems like no one from the cast is posting a thing (even when Christian Dante White went on as Cornelius Hackl)!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 4/12/17 at 09:09 AM

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#643HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/12/17 at 12:42pm

Just grabbed a last minute single Orchestra Row L relatively-center ticket for Tuesday night, and I am practically jumping out of my skin excited. Now how am I supposed to get any work done today?!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#644HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/12/17 at 1:08pm

JudyDenmark said: "Just grabbed a last minute single Orchestra Row L relatively-center ticket for Tuesday night, and I am practically jumping out of my skin excited. Now how am I supposed to get any work done today?!

Yes! These last-minute finds are the best! Got mine last night for tonight's show. Hopefully, it will make up for your bad experience at THE GREAT COMET. So sorry that happened.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#645HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/12/17 at 1:22pm

Seems Scott Rudin is doing a great job keeping things off social media as all of the curtain call photos that first surfaced on Instagram and other platforms have been removed.  It's obvious the cast and any members of the production have been instructed to refrain from posting anything on social media.  

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#646HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/12/17 at 1:31pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "It's obvious the cast and any members of the production have been instructed to refrain from posting anything on social media."

Until after opening night and the reviews I assume?

Dollypop
#647HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/12/17 at 4:24pm

haterobics said: "DAME said: "I'm just at smazed on how little social media there is on this show from members of the company .  I wonder if there is a privacy clause issued by Midlers  people"

They probably want to be respectful, and the show probably isn't encouraging it, since they don't need to move any tickets.

I'm Facebook friends with someone in the show. When rehearsals started he told me everyone involved in the shown had a non-disclosure clause in their contracts. It was being strictly enforced and all phones and cameras were collected before the cast entered the rehearsal hall.

"

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#648HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/12/17 at 4:26pm

Anyone have an idea of how the house right boxes are?

nycward
#649HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 4/12/17 at 4:35pm

I saw the show last night and was as transfixed as most people seem to be. Why? I saw Pearl Bailey in the original and also saw Channing in her last revival. I am a regular theatre goer and usually would stay away from a War Horse like this one but there truly is something electric in the air on that stage and in the house. Bette is just delightful. She lands every joke and brings charm and pathos to her character. I was moved seeing a 70 year old woman truly fearful that the parade will pass her by knowing that this would be her last chance. Her voice is lower than I remember and seemed a bit raspy. I'm concerned that this is after a night off and truly wonder if she can pull this off 7 times a week through the year. Here's hoping. As for the rest of the company, everyone was truly on their A game from DHP down through the chorus. The production was polished to a sheen and Warren Carlyle's choreography was truly an homage to Gower Champion. The show just works flawlessly on every level and is a joy to sit through. I was struck by the lack of depth of the playing area considering the passerelle (sp?) and all. The staging plays very much on the horizontal and was actually a bit concerned about someone falling into the pit from where I was in the front Mezz. Also, Bette and DHP shared a crack up late in the first act which seemed perhaps a bit rehearsed? There was someone sitting in front of me who saw this three times and didn't recall the flub last week but also said that the courtroom scene was redone from the previous week as well. They all are really polishing this gem into a 10 karat diamond. A truly memorable evening in the theatre. I just hope that Bette can keep on doing this. Any thoughts about a possible replacement for next year? I'm gonna guess that Scott Rudin is having quiet conversations with Reba MacIntyre. It's just the kind of terrific commercial casting that could keep this ship afloat with a whole new demographic in 2018. Go see it theatre fans!!!

Updated On: 4/12/17 at 04:35 PM

Videos