pixeltracker

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL- Page 3

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#50Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:22pm

broadwayboy223 said: "If she's pregnant why wouldn't she make a statement about it instead of calling it a "conflict"? She's not gonna get sent to a nunnery LOL"

If she suddenly found out, that would mean she isn't past her first trimester yet. You wouldn't want to announce until you're well into your second trimester.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#51Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:22pm

I wonder if Riedel will be commenting on this, especially if it's Frozen related.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#52Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:23pm

This is really upsetting. I love Betsy, and was so looking forward to her Carrie. Her Mister Snow would've been absolutely beautiful! And just think of that long gone Tony nomination... if she really is going back to Frozen then that'd be a shame. Why go back to a barely cohesive musical (a money-maker, yes, but she isn't interested in just money) when you had this beautiful piece right here? Obviously we don't know her reasons for dropping out, but if it's for another show that's a shame. I wonder who Rudin'll get know...

broadwayboy223
#53Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:24pm

Her Twitter has been radio silent this evening but I believe she sang the national anthem today somewhere? 

BroadwayFanatic454 Profile Photo
BroadwayFanatic454
#54Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:24pm

Honestly glad this happening, didn't care for her Jenna. 

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#55Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:27pm

broadwayboy223 said: "Her Twitter has been radio silent this evening but I believe she sang the national anthem today somewhere?"

Yes, she sang at Yankee Stadium tonight. Her social media has been all about that tonight, but nothing now that this has been announced.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#56Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:28pm

Just 3ish days ago on her vlog she was commenting about how excited she was for Carousel.  Something strange happened!

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#57Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:31pm

It's probably a film or a TV show.  She wouldn't leave such a meaty role that had a nearly guaranteed Tony nom to do Frozen.  Honestly, I think most people were expecting her to take home a Tony next year.  She's just soooo perfect.  Something really big must have popped up instead.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#58Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:31pm

Guys it's obvious: Mandy Patinkin is replacing her

At-the-glen
#59Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:33pm

wicked_beast4 said: ugh I TOTALLY forgot that pregnancy only happens when it's planned!"

Most women with high-stakes careers plan their pregnancies, what an obtuse thing to say.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#60Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:36pm

We should expect silence from Riedel if this is Rudin-related. (Or, rather, if this is something that puts his buddy Scott in a negative light.)

For the sake of this very talented performer, I hope everything is OK and that this is for an even better opportunity.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#61Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:37pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Guys it's obvious: Mandy Patinkin is replacing her"

If that's true, I will boycott the show, and start a twitter war claiming sexism. 

Because obviously, anyone can have a platform, even if they don't know what they're talking about. 

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#62Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:37pm

At-the-glen said: "wicked_beast4 said:ugh ITOTALLYforgot that pregnancy only happens when it's planned!"

Most women with high-stakes careers plan their pregnancies, what an obtuse thing to say.
"

Oh glen, youre such a petty betty. Just because most women do doesn't mean it isn't a rational thing to happen. And just because you stumbled upon a dictionary for the first time in your life and thought the word obtuse was fun to say doesn't mean you aren't embodying it yourself, love. 

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise
Updated On: 9/18/17 at 11:37 PM

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#63Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:38pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I love how this thread is barely two pages in, and we already have like 12 different show possibilities and a pregnancy rumor.

For Betsy's sake, I hope she announces whatever her plans aresoon.
"

But are you surprised?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#64Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:39pm

Regardless, I need to see her in Waitress in the next few weeks. 

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#65Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:39pm

Pregnancy seems the most likely scenario to me (and yes, you usually wait to announce once you are a little further along).  At any rate, it sounds like congratulations are in order, whatever the cause of her departure - it seems to be something positive for her.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Jjohansan
#66Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:53pm

Someone random commented on the Broadway.com Facebook post saying that she is going into frozen. Not that that means ANYTHING, but it's worth mentioning. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#67Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/18/17 at 11:57pm

i was super excited for her renditions of When the Children Are Asleep and Mister Snow, her voice is gorge so they probably would have been terrific. disappointing news Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL(

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#68Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 12:02am

On a human level, I feel bad for her for having to miss this opportunity. This can't be an enjoyable thing for any actor to go through, and I have sympathy for her. From an artistic/audience standpoint, however, I'm actually very excited. I thought she was the least interesting casting announcement IMO (with the exception of Mueller whom I can't stand). I'm excited to see who they find!! 

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#69Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 12:03am

What is happening in this world?

Malka2 Profile Photo
Malka2
#70Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 12:03am

If it's important enough for her to bow out of Carousel for, and it's a "fall" scheduling conflict even though rehearsals aren't until mid-winter, I think it's a fair bet that she's signing on for a TV series. 1) Bigger career move 2) starts in the fall 3) continues through winter.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#71Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 12:09am

GeorgeandDot said: "It's probably a film or a TV show. She wouldn't leave such a meaty role that had a nearly guaranteed Tony nom to do Frozen. Honestly, I think most people were expecting her to take home a Tony next year. She's just soooo perfect. Something really big must have popped up instead."

tbh i think whoever plays Elsa also has a good shot for a Tony, and I'd much rather have Betsy back playing the role (i was sad when she was replaced because she sings the crap out of Let It Go). whatever she's up to i hope it's worth it because she definitely was a Tony contender in Carousel.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Visceral_Fella
#72Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 12:10am

The director of Frozen implied that in his opinion she wasn't capable of playing Elsa just a few days ago. I think it's safe to assume that it isn't Frozen.

And anyone who thinks she has a shot a booking the Wicked movie... well... I can't even make an analogy for how far off from reality you are. STOP!

Updated On: 9/19/17 at 12:10 AM

Liza's Headband
#73Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 12:13am

My God, I don't think I've ever seen so many queens clutching their pearls at the same time. Based on the completely insane, out-of-control responses in this thread, you'd think they just announced Bernadette had dropped out of DOLLY! or Audra had retired from show business.

People. Take a deep breath. It's just Betsy Wolfe, not Babs.  "Everything will be alright, everything will be alright...." 

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#74Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 12:17am

Liza's Headband said: "My God, I don't think I've ever seen so many queens clutching their pearls at the same time. Based on the completely insane, out-of-control responses in this thread, you'd think they just announced Bernadette had dropped out of DOLLY! or Audra had retired from show business.

People. Take a deep breath. It's just Betsy Wolfe, not Babs. "Everything will be alright, everything will be alright...."
"

A lot of people (myself included) absolutely love Betsy. So naturally we are going to be upset.

Videos