pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 36

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

rwlevin Profile Photo
rwlevin
#875HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:19pm

mikem said: "rwlevin, I had the same thing happen to me that my credit card got charged but there are no tickets in my account. What number did you call? I tried calling customer service but I couldn't figure out how to actually talk to a human being. The automated systemwanted an order number, which I don't have."

18006538000. Just ask to talk to an agent. Don't even mention tickets. My credit card still doesn't have anything listed but stuff I charged yesterday hasn't been listed either. Also, the tickets aren't listed in my account so I'm emailing them and rechecking tomorrow. 

Waiting for tickets to Hair August 2008

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#876HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:19pm

I loathe Ticketmaster.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

schubox
#877HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:20pm

Nycat63 said: "Carly DiFrancisco said: "gimlet2 said: "How are tickets showing up on StubHub already? Do they allow you to buy/sell "futures?" Upthread someone wrote that pickup requires purchasing CC, so how can any of these listings be valid?

Also, I vastly underestimated the difficulty of the process today, still waiting for the code fairy.
"

how on earth can people transfer tickets to each other when they are will call or mobile account only? Am i missing something?
"

Are they going to put tickets up on TM resale? I wonder if that's why they won't allow transfers - they want you to have to resell any tickets you aren't using via their own resale site so they can make even more money on the fees. Since they are giving people the opportunity for refunds, they probably figure why give them an option to transfer - TM gets nothing out of that transaction. If they refund, they resell at face value and get fees again, or you put them on TM resale and they get even more.
"

I would be shocked if they didn’t put them on TM resale. TM is a terrible company 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#878HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:24pm

I can't believe I have wasted my entire day looking at my phone and I've come up completely empty handed. I've given up almost all hope but don't want to miss out on something.

I am so embarrassed right now and pretty annoyed. Oh well, life goes on.

brian1973
#879HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:30pm

People buying tickets for others may come unstuck.... I’m pretty sure you can’t do that...

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#880HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:31pm

In the frenzied haste to buy tickets, I do remember seeing something about "learn how to transfer tickets to friends and family" or something like that.  So I am hoping we can do that.  I was too busy just trying to get seats to read anything, really.

schubox
#881HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:35pm

NYadgal said: "I loathe Ticketmaster."

They’re the worst. They’re still investigating why I didn’t get an email about this...after the tickets are already sold 

BroadwayMomma
#882HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:36pm

I clicked on the "learn how to transfer," and it is allowed.  I forget the exact procedure, but it was permissible. 

AntV
#883HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:37pm

Got a standby code. Are there any $20 or $40 tickets available for any date? All the dates I tried so far says they're gone.

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#884HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:41pm

are the standby codes coming via text message or email?

dave1606
#885HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:41pm

Add me to the list that truly hate ticketmaster. This is clearly just another way to make more money. It burns me that I've waited all day for a code which never came, so I won't even have a chance to buy the $199 tickets but of course I can go on stubhub and spend $600-5,000 if I want. Makes more sense to fly back to London and get a ticket there (which does not have this terrible verified fan system). I looked today and could have gotten tickets in the stalls for this summer for around $70 per part.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#886HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:44pm

I did receive a standby code today if someone wants it. 

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#887HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:45pm

The pricing isn't ticketmasters fault, neither are the re-sale prices.  I was waitlisted, didn't get a code.   Life goes on.   Yes, I'm a little disappointed, but  it happens.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

catmandoo
#888HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

What disappoints me most is that I had tickets for London this past September, but was unable to make the trip after all, but didn't feel so terrible when it was confirmed to be coming to NYC. But no code, no standby. So if anyone is not using a code, I'd greatly appreciate it if they're willing to part.

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 03:45 PM

Nycat63
#889HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

QueenAlice said: "I did receive a standby code today if someone wants it."

Please yes!!!  can you pm me??

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#890HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:46pm

Would love the code too!

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 03:46 PM

amysea
#891HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:48pm

PMed you, can I please have this?

AlliAndTheCats
#892HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:51pm

I would LOVE it!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#893HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:53pm

The one time I'm away from the board for more than five minutes and someone offers a code! Haha

I am so done with today. :P Thanks for the offer and I hope someone is forever in your debt. :)

MyLife
#894HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:54pm

There's nothing left for under $155/165 for even a single ticket for any of the dates.

BroadwayFan5
#895HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:54pm

There needs to be a class action lawsuit against Ticket Master

Ruining so many lives

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#896HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:59pm

Blame Ticketmaster for the way the purchasing system is handled (wow that was awful)

Blame the producers for the exorbitant ticket prices. (wow you greedy bastards)

Blame JK Rowling for thinking to buy a new country home and deciding to write a play to pay for it, and starting this madness in the first place. (Was Dumbledore REALLY gay? Seems like a backpedal.)

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#897HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 3:59pm

BroadwayFan5 said: "There needs to be a class action lawsuit against Ticket Master

Ruining so many lives
"

You really have to put this in perspective.  If you lived in Puerto Rico you're life might not be ruined but you'd be hoping just for electricity and water.  Not getting a ticket to Bway show doesn't ruin anyone's life.  

Nycat63
#898HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:00pm

well I literally just got a code - went bonkers only to find that every single June show has no availability, at any price point, even for a single seat (though I need two).  Only option would be to see it on two non-consecutive days but my schedule doesn't allow because I will be in NYC for a week and can't see part 1 and 2 in one week that way.

I'm going to keep refreshing for a bit but then my code will go up for grabs, too.

What a clusterf...k.  Thought I won the lottery, this happens.

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#899HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 4:02pm

Hi, NYcat63.  Hope you succeed but if you put your code up for grabs can you please consider me via PM.  Thanks :)

Videos