News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

COVID Cancellations

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1725COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/6/22 at 10:37pm

angoradebs said: "Tag said: "According to Sharon Wheatley on SITH tonight, 9 of the 12 CFA principals had Covid. And currently all the understudies have it."

I didn't watch and don't know what exactly Sharon said. But Josh Breckenridge went to Trouble in Mind yesterday (along with Pearl Sun, not sure if Sharon is including her) and posed unmasked for a picture with LaChanze. If it's accurate that he now has tested positive for Covid (most likely today, I guess), hopefully LaChanze doesn't end up testing positive and missing the closing performances

"

I've only seen through their socials that Julie Reiber has tested postive. Josh was out yesterday with Pearl Sun as you mentioned and Tony LePage was at a show the other day. Also, Happy McPartlin's last post was from NYE. Neither Monette or John Jellison have active socials.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#1726COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/6/22 at 10:46pm

NotThatSmart said: "Not show related, but BroadwayCon has been postponed until the summer."

Probably end up getting cancelled.

angoradebs
#1727COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/6/22 at 10:50pm

ACL2006 said: "angoradebs said: "Tag said: "According to Sharon Wheatley on SITH tonight, 9 of the 12 CFA principals had Covid. And currently all the understudies have it."

I didn't watch and don't know what exactly Sharon said. But Josh Breckenridge went to Trouble in Mind yesterday (along with Pearl Sun, not sure if Sharon is including her) and posed unmasked for a picture with LaChanze. If it's accurate that he now has tested positive for Covid (most likely today, I guess), hopefully LaChanze doesn't end up testing positive and missing the closing performances

"

I've only seen through their socials that Julie Reiber has tested postive. Josh was out yesterday with Pearl Sun as you mentioned and Tony LePage was at a show the other day. Also, Happy McPartlin's last post was from NYE. Neither Monette or John Jellison have active socials.

"

I did go ahead and watch Sharon on SITH and I think we should take what she said with a grain of salt. At FIRST she said 9 out of the 12 principals had COVID, and they kept the show running with standbys, "most of whom are now sick." Then much later in the show, the doctor says he thinks Broadway casts should be taking rapid antigen tests as close to curtain as possible "with understudies standing by, if you have any left" and Sharon shook her head and said "They're all sick now." So first she said most, then she said all. It's possible she was saying they were "all sick" in the same way that some news outlets reported that CFA was performed "entirely by standbys" last week, when 3 of the principal actors were actually on - just exaggeration.

Raspberry Profile Photo
Raspberry
#1728COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/6/22 at 10:55pm

Tonight's Dear Evan Hansen started with the full regular cast as listed in the Playbill, then halfway through the first act, Talia Simone Robinson came on as Zoe and finished the show, replacing Gabrielle Carrubba.  Her first scene on stage was the one where the character has a big solo and she absolutely killed it. 

No idea what the reason for the sudden switch was, so may not be relevant to this thread, but worth monitoring.  She and Jordan Fisher's faces definitely never got within twelve inches of each other, but maybe they always stage it like that?

I also thought it was crazy that the whole orchestra was unmasked when they're visually not really part of the show.  I don't know why they wouldn't all be wearing black KN95s up there. 

"I just want a story and a few good songs that will take me away. I just want to be entertained. I mean, isn't that the point?"

VintageSnarker
#1729COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/6/22 at 10:57pm

I don't know what Caroline, or Change is doing to avoid cancellations or absences but the full cast was in tonight. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1730COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 9:14am

Come From Away is the sole Broadway show worth monitoring today.

Oh look, a bibu!

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#1731COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 10:11am

With so many March shows starting rehearsals in the next couple of weeks, has there been any talk of pushing openings back or waiting to start rehearsals? I'm interested to see if the Tonys get a slight pushback to allow more shows to open throughout the late spring. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1732COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 10:23am

Raspberry said: "She and Jordan Fisher's faces definitely never got within twelve inches of each other, but maybe they always stage it like that?"

There is definitely a scene where they kiss, but not sure if that was restaged for the reopening.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#1733COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 10:49am

VintageSnarker said: "I don't know what Caroline, or Change is doing to avoid cancellations or absences but the full cast was in tonight."

They’re adults that don’t go out and are responsible. That’s how. 

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#1734COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 10:55am

unclevictor said: "VintageSnarker said: "I don't know what Caroline, or Change is doing to avoid cancellations or absences but the full cast was in tonight."

"

Your implication that casts of other shows are irresponsible for getting sick during a global pandemic is ridiculous. 

pagereynolds
#1735COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 10:56am

unclevictor said: "VintageSnarker said: "I don't know what Caroline, or Change is doing to avoid cancellations or absences but the full cast was in tonight."

"

You can get Omicron on the subway, or in a taxi, or in a theatre, or at home, especially if your kid goes to school. So.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#1736COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 10:59am

Just a reminder:

COVID performance cancellation

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#1737COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 11:01am

I was at DEH last night and they do NOT kiss. We were in right orchestra and had a perfect view. They did the hug kiss thing (were they put faces into the crook of the other’s neck - sorry for the bad explanation) for the first kiss at the end of act 1. 
For the second kiss on the bed, they were forehead to forehead as the lights dimmed.

Jordan opted up during in For Forever and it was great!

Also kudos to Talia who came in at the start of the Requiem scene for Zoe. They did make an announcement afterwards at intermission and she was really good.

JSquared2
#1738COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 12:26pm

Does anyone know if Danny Burstein was back at MR yesterday?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1739COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 12:28pm

JSquared2 said: "Does anyone know if Danny Burstein was back at MR yesterday?"

I believe Bobby Daye is on for Zidler all week.

Oh look, a bibu!

JSquared2
#1740COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 12:38pm

Updated On: 1/7/22 at 12:38 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1741COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 12:57pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Come From Awayis the sole Broadway show worth monitoring today."

If the majority of the standbys are out, it'll be interesting to see if they actually go on tonight.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

angoradebs
#1742COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 1:12pm

ACL2006 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Come From Awayis the sole Broadway show worth monitoring today."

If the majority of the standbys are out, it'll be interesting to see if they actually go on tonight.
"

Julie Reiber posted that today was day 8 for her and that she got a negative test for the second day in a row. Presumably they'll still have her do the 10 days but it sounds like she won't take longer than that and should be back on Tuesday

Josh Breckenridge is pretty active on social media and hasn't posted anything about having Covid (nor is he obligated to if he does have it).

Seems like the women are in good shape but if 3 of the male principals haven't had it yet, and even one male standby has it currently, they could be on shaky ground for a bit.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#1743COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 1:30pm

"

If you’re implying that no company member has gotten covid, I think their emergency conductor situation would prove you wrong. It’s miraculous that covid didn’t hit this company as hard as it hit basically every other show. I think of the poor Come From Away company, especially the standbys. To say they’ve acted irresponsibly during this time is in such poor taste.

bwaylady3
#1744COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 2:03pm

Danny was there last night (1/6) according to multiple posts from last night’s show. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1745COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 5:32pm

Majority of the female cast of Come From Away has mentioned on their socials they're returning tonight. Unless something bizarre happens, the show should be a go.

Updated On: 1/7/22 at 05:32 PM

fosterfan2
#1746COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 5:38pm

CarmenA3 said: "I was at DEH last night and they do NOT kiss. We were in right orchestra and had a perfect view. They did the hug kiss thing (were they put faces into the crook of the other’s neck - sorry for the bad explanation) for the first kiss at the end of act 1.
For the second kiss on the bed, they were forehead to forehead as the lights dimmed.

Jordan opted up during in For Forever and it was great!

Also kudos to Talia who came in at the start of the Requiem scene for Zoe. They did make an announcement afterwards at intermission and she was really good.
"

Do Katrina Lenk and Claybourne Elder kiss in Company?

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#1747COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 6:07pm

Do Katrina Lenk and Claybourne Elder kiss in Company?"

Very much so.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

angoradebs
#1748COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 7:58pm

Greg Kinnear's out of TKAM tonight. Christopher Innvar playing Atticus

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1749COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/7/22 at 9:16pm

Seems like Come From Away got the all-clear to resume tonight.

Oh look, a bibu!

Videos