pixeltracker

Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO- Page 1

Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO

NakedMaid Profile Photo
NakedMaid
#1Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 10:20am

Announced on her talk show this morning. For 7 weeks over the summer.

FindingNamo
#2Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 10:22am

She seems so much more a Mary Sunshine to me.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 10:42am

LOL. Wtf? Can she sing at ALL?

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#3Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 10:56am

Weirdly I am intrigued, just because we all know that she is going to ham up the role beyond recognition, and I have a feeling she may also surprise us and hit it out of the park.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#4Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:00am

will there be subtitles? i can understand only half the things she says

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................
Updated On: 4/15/13 at 11:00 AM

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#5Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:01am

I dont follow her show religiously, but I've seen clips. She has a huge personality. Like bdn223 said, I think she could surprise us in this role. I think there are worse people they could've picked, so I am not totally opposed to Wendy Williams.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#6Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:09am

She connects with a huge number of potential ticket buyers every day. When you're good to mama, mama's good to you.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#7Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:10am

I don't know if it matters very much how well she can sing and dance. She's there to sell tickets, as she's wildly popular. I find her personality delightful, it's hard not to like the woman. Good for her, she seems overjoyed with the news!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#8Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:24am

First Adam Pascal and now this? I'd like one ticket for the train wreck please.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

jayinchelsea Profile Photo
jayinchelsea
#9Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:26am

As a concierge I continue to send guests to this show, now in its 17th (?) year, mostly international guests who have never seen it, or perhaps don't understand English all that well, or out-of-towners who've never seen a Broadway show. They love it, to a person. I think the Weisslers are very smart to keep bringing in "stars" to keep the show fresh.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#10Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:34am

I WILL BE THERE EVERY NIGHT.

How YOU doin?!

carolineorchange21 Profile Photo
carolineorchange21
#11Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:53am

I've said for a while that Ms. Wendy's 'aftershows' on youtube are the greatest thing on the interwebz. TRISTAN! Just based on her personality, I think she will be very acceptable in the part and will probably do rather well.

Best of luck, girl!

"...ah, gays and their wit. Hell must be a laugh a minute!" -Evie Harris

theaterfan862 Profile Photo
theaterfan862
#12Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 12:02pm

I love Wendy and this is pretty exciting! I think she will rock it!

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#13Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 12:34pm

Jay, Chicago hasn't been fresh since about 2000. The stunt casting keeps the show alive, not fresh. There's a difference between presenting a bright new baby and propping up a lipsticked corpse. I love Chicago, but what's currently playing the Ambassador lies there like a dead fish.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#14Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 1:44pm

I disagree. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#15Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 1:49pm

Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Noel&Cole
#16Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 1:57pm

I LOVE WENDY WILLIAMS! She so fun and full of joy about everything. I think she'll be a great Mama Morton. Good for her. I might even go back again to see it. Last time was Melanie Griffith.

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#17Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 2:06pm

I don't hate it... at all.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#18Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 4:23pm

I'm so glad others find her enjoyable. Yes, she's very gossipy on her show, but her personality is infectious and she seems to really connect with her audience. I love her.

She'll bring her own wigs. They'll save a bundle on hair.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#19Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 7:47pm

Oh, those crafty Weisslers and their never-ending stunt casting. They are clearly planning to run Chicago until Earth spins off it's axis and crashes into the sun.

But.............

I used to find Wendy insanely annoying but she has really grown on me and these days I find her on her show to be smart, fair, and very, very funny. Is she a competent Broadway performer? Who can say? But I have to admit that I'm actually thinking of buying a ticket to this.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#20Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 9:06pm

DEAR. GOD. NO.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#21Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 9:10pm

Better Chicago than a show anyone takes seriously.

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#22Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 9:19pm

I disagree that the show is in bad shape. I saw it last year and thought it was holding up extremely well. Everyone was great and it didn't look tired at all.

Updated On: 4/15/13 at 09:19 PM

Rentfan931
#23Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 9:34pm

This could be really interesting.

faith587 Profile Photo
faith587
#24Wendy Williams to play Morton in CHICAGO
Posted: 4/15/13 at 11:04pm

Paige Davis is returning to the role of Roxie this Thursday for six weeks only, by the way. I already have a ticket for Saturday's matinee.