Another Heathers question

Broadwaybound94
#1Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 7:45pm

Have we heard anything about this progressing at all. I know amateur rights are starting to come out buts that's all so far?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 7:47pm

Progressing?  I assume you mean coming to Broadway?  It's not.  I'm not sure what else you are asking about.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

pupscotch
#3Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 8:03pm

I doubt Heathers is coming to Broadway anytime soon, as much as I would love it to. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#4Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 8:06pm

Another Heathers question. Because all anyone does on this board is ask questions about Heathers: The Musical.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#5Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 8:08pm

Its seems like thats all that happened when the show was running....

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#6Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 8:09pm

Saw it and it did nothing for either of us.

Poster Emeritus

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#7Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 8:15pm

I loved the show. Isn't it playing in Chicago now?

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#8Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 8:18pm

Which Heather will Lin-Manuel Miranda play?

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#9Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 8:18pm

"Heathers" would flop on Broadway. Sorry bub, it ain't coming. And that movie they promised to premiere in 2016 isn't either. 

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#10Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 8:21pm

This show reminded me why I hated teenagers. 

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#11Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 9:14pm

All sorts of "younger" people in my community want to do the show - but that's because they haven't read the actual script.  And I keep thinking - if Heathers couldn't make a financial go of it off-broadway - how is it going to play in a smaller midwestern city - albeit a college town.  And so, I end up wishing other groups good luck.

AEA AGMA SM
#12Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 9:51pm

Not to defend the quality of Heathers, but many shows that did not succeed in NY, both on and off Broadway, do just fine when produced regionally. 

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#13Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/9/16 at 10:08pm

Ain't that the truth.

Poster Emeritus

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#14Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/10/16 at 12:31am

College theatre kids ADORE this show to an almost obnoxious degree so I can imagine it having a very strong life away from NY. They love it almost as much as the Lippa WILD PARTY. Almost.

I don't see why people want it on Broadway it's an Off-Broadway show. 

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#15Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/10/16 at 12:38am

At my high school alone there were 15 sets of 3 girls who dressed up as the three heathers. I could not take it. I wanted to hit my self with a wicket

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#16Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/10/16 at 12:42am

Sorry, but we were PROMISED that this show would move its glorious set to the broadway stage. PROMISED. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#17Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/10/16 at 2:46am

I left at intermission.

StephieElise
#18Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/10/16 at 4:55am

It's doing an Australian tour, which is doing quite well, but it's playing smaller theatres more akin to off-Broadway.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#19Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/10/16 at 8:56am

Jordan Catalano said: "Sorry, but we were PROMISED that this show would move its glorious set to the broadway stage. PROMISED. 

I had forgotten just how UGLY that set was. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

nasty_khakis
#20Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/10/16 at 10:39am

Sorry, but we were PROMISED that this show would move its glorious set to the broadway stage. PROMISED. 

Ugh, that set. I spent the entire time going "This score is fun, the book is solid enough, but dang this is the worst/weirdest/cheapest set I've ever seen." I honestly still think the show, which I mostly enjoyed, could be miles better with a stronger director.

mpd4165
#21Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/10/16 at 10:43am

macnyc said: "I loved the show. Isn't it playing in Chicago now?

"

Kokandy Productions has the Chicago premiere now. It opened to pretty favorable reviews. A lot reviews described it as a "coup" for the non-eq company to get the rights. I'm seeing it on Sat (a lot of people I know are involved), and us younger theater professionals were pretty excited about it.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#22Another Heathers question
Posted: 3/10/16 at 11:05am

Enjoy! I think the score is inventive, catchy, and serves the material well. And from what I saw of the Chicago set in a photo, it is way better than what we had here in NYC, which was just awful.

Updated On: 3/10/16 at 11:05 AM

Videos