AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#25AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:25pm

Not to pour more salt on the wound, but the BWW article incorrectly states that it will play 81 performances, when it will actually only play 54. 

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#26AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:28pm

I'm horrified that such a unique and fantastic show has been allowed to close so early. I think this will be a show that is appreciated much more in the future. Devastated 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

AnnieBlack
#27AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:28pm

What surprises me is the amount of people that I have spoken to who have seen it are all incredibility positive about it. I really thought that word of mouth would take with this show. Should this show have opened in the fall, rather than late in the season, when many New Yorkers are all starting to escape for the weekends? 

ebontoyan
#28AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:30pm

Sad this show did not find an audience! But glad I got tix for this Sunday.  I love the OLCR and looking forward to finally see this.  Hopefully they make a cast recording!!

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#29AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:32pm

I'm. Devastated. Please announce a cast recording. This cast is too perfect.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#30AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:34pm

I am a real cheerleader for the production, which I think is groundbreaking so this is sad news. Surprising too because its box office seems to have been fine. It must be more expensive to run than it appears.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#31AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:35pm

Whoa this season is turning out to be a bloodbath AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING

I can't wait for the OBC I neeeeeed "Selling Out" on repeat in my iTunes.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

jbird5
#32AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:35pm

I wonder if the cast knows. Or if they will find out after the show.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#33AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:36pm

They know 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#34AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:38pm

Where will the show go next? Off broadway? West end? Regional rights released? 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#35AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:38pm

It should have run Off-Broadway as was originally planned. Classic tale of hubris.

@z5
#36AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:40pm

songanddanceman2 said: "They know 

"

How do you know the cast knows?

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#37AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:41pm

I hope, as others have said, that we will get an OBCR.  I suppose Sheik's comments about hoping for a commercial video recording (which sounded like  a pipe dream really) will come to nothing now. 

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#38AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:42pm

I'm really upset to be missing out on this one as I've heard a lot of good word of mouth from my friends who have seen it. I wish I could make it into the city before the closing.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#39AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:44pm

My favorite show of the season. What a shame. Yet shows like Waitress will run and run. I'll have to head back this week. This is a show we will look back in 5 years and realize how innovative it was. You don't know what you got til its gone. 

Updated On: 5/26/16 at 07:44 PM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#40AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:46pm

They wouldn't put out a press release without telling the cast and crew.  That would just be cruel.

Drewski Vanderbilt Profile Photo
Drewski Vanderbilt
#41AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:46pm

NOOOOOOOO IM DEVASTATED THIS IS MY FAVORITE SHOW

I pray to God that they come out with a cast recording because the Broadway company is so different from the London one (there are a bunch of songs from the Broadway show that isn't on the recording I.e the song where they are sitting at les Mis)

Updated On: 5/26/16 at 07:46 PM

trpguyy
#42AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:49pm

@z5 said: "songanddanceman2 said: "They know 

"

How do you know the cast knows?
"

They have cell phones.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#43AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:51pm

They wouldn't put out a press release without telling the cast and crew.  That would just be cruel.  

Tell that to the cast of Mary Poppins. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 5/26/16 at 07:51 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#44AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 7:54pm

Most critics went American Psycho on it. Add to that, the subject matter made it a tough sell.They could not even dump the tickets on tdf.

Poor Benjamin Walker. First he goes into Andrew Jackson which was a smash off Broadway. It moves to Broadway and it died. Now this. What does he have to do to get a hit? You gotta feel for  this guy. It's fate was sealed when he got passed over for a Tony nod.

Poster Emeritus

undercoverusher
#45AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 8:00pm

Too bad,, easily best new show on Broadway..... Millennials don't appreciate the 80's, would rather spend $5000 for hip hop American history, because it's trendy.  I don't need to parse my words. I would not pay $1 to see a show with hip-hop as the score. I could not care what a single trendy thinks. American Psycho is a great tribute to my generation, slasher movies, new wave music.... Too bad......  I bet Hamilton will continue to force the rest of the musicals on Broadway to fold one by one..... Lemmings, I tell you 

ChiTheaterFan
#46AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 8:00pm

Nooooooo. I'm so sad. I saw it once from the rear orchestra and planned to revisit it next month to sit closer. I really hope they record an OBCR. I listened to the London recording after seeing the show and was disappointed particularly because Selling Out is not the version I saw (and loved). I'm going to miss it again by just a few days.  My dad was excited for it too. (And we were just there!  Had I known it would close we would've gone...)

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#47AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
Posted: 5/26/16 at 8:04pm

WhizzerMarvin said: "Not to pour more salt on the wound, but the BWW article incorrectly states that it will play 81 performances, when it will actually only play 54. "

Performance counts include previews. It has already played 65.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#48AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING

When you have people seeing the same show multiple times, it means other shows go begging for an audience as the money all goes to the same show instead of being spread around. Not to healthy.

Poster Emeritus

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#49AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING

ClumsyDude15 said: "They wouldn't put out a press release without telling the cast and crew.  That would just be cruel.  

Tell that to the cast of Mary Poppins. 

"

They still had a two month notice though...

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement