pixeltracker

Ben Platt Meeting Experience- Page 2

Ben Platt Meeting Experience

JSquared2
#25Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/27/17 at 2:55pm

Dear DearSarahH,

All of your nasty, entitled and downright rude responses thus far indicate that you are EXACTLY the type of person that an actor would wish to avoid when arriving at his workplace.  Please consider taking the advice of the majority and back off.

Updated On: 7/27/17 at 02:55 PM

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#26Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/27/17 at 4:06pm

No. Many actors prefer to not even speak before the performance -- to anyone. Evan Hansen is a very vocally and emotionally taxing role and Ben deserves his space before a performance to give the best possible performance he can of a very challenging role.

Afterwards if you want to express appreciation many actors come to the stage door. 

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#27Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/27/17 at 4:24pm

Oh good God. Please leave the poor guy alone. 

The irony you're not grasping is behavior like yours is why he's stopped being "on a schedule with the stage door" (and taking pictures).

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#28Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/27/17 at 5:19pm

I met Ben last Thursday when I was walking down 8th Ave between 46th and 47th at about 5pm. I smiled at him and he smiled back which prompted me to gush a little and tell him how much I enjoyed him in the show, etc.....he was extremely sweet and friendly. Not sure if that helps. Lol 

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#29Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/27/17 at 5:30pm

I hate how hyped shows turn people into stalkers. Creepy.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#30Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/27/17 at 5:34pm

HE DIDN'T COME OUT OF THE COCK-A-DOODY STAGE DOOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#31Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/27/17 at 5:49pm

And here I clicked on this thread thinking it was going to be a collection of stories of people meeting Ben Platt. Darn those misleading thread titles.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#32Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/27/17 at 8:16pm

I met him at PANDA EXPRESS on 9th Ave.

youwillbefound2 Profile Photo
youwillbefound2
#33Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/27/17 at 8:30pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "And here I clicked on this thread thinking it was going to be a collection of stories of people meeting Ben Platt. Darn those misleading thread titles.

"

Me too. Maybe I should start my own thread 

hork Profile Photo
hork
#34Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/27/17 at 8:48pm

Hey, DearSaraH, where do you work? I want to stop by and get a picture of you. When's a good time?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#35Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/27/17 at 10:43pm

Phantom4ever
#36Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 4:31am

"Ben Platt Meeting Experience"??? That sounds an attraction at an amusement park, not an interaction with a fellow human being. One of my favorite things about New York City is that celebrities can walk around relatively ignored. That is, until someone like the OP comes along and turns New York City into a stalker's paradise, where unassuming celebs minding their business get harassed by people who feel they are entitled to that person's time and energy. Let Ben Platt decide if he wants to meet you. Write him a letter and ask him to meet you at Therapy (no pun intended) for a drink. If he shows up, yay! you have a new friend. If not, oh well at least you tried. But otherwise, leave him alone! 

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#37Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 5:09am

You probably didn't realize this, but your post sounds like you are asking about Ben Platt STALKING experience.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#38Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 6:49am

Well, it IS his fault for not stage dooring when she saw  the show. I mean, what does he expect?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#39Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 8:17am

Think of it this way. When you're on your way to work, you want to arrive on time. You want to get ready for work. Would you want to be distracted/bothered/surprised by a complete stranger who wants a selfie and an autograph right before you enter your workplace? 

JSquared2
#41Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 1:07pm

hork said: "Hey, DearSaraH, where do you work? I want to stop by and get a picture of you. When's a good time?"

But wait --- she doesn't get to pick a GOOD time --- all that matters is when it's convenient for YOU and when YOU want to ambush her.  I'd suggest hiding out in the ladies room of her workplace (or more likely her junior high school) and peering under the stall to ask for a selfie and a meet and greet!

Nycat63
#42Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 1:47pm

CassandraReads said: "I met Ben last Thursday when I was walking down 8th Ave between 46th and 47th at about 5pm. I smiled at him and he smiled back which prompted me to gush a little and tell him how much I enjoyed him in the show, etc.....he was extremely sweet and friendly. Not sure if that helps. Lol 

"I'm just reading this thread for kicks (agreeing with the please leave him alone camp), but is he seriously walking down 8th to work? I would have thought he'd have a car taking him in addition to picking him up at this point.  That's kind of remarkable. 

Margo319
#43Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 3:06pm

The OP be like....

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#44Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 3:40pm

Nycat63 said: "I would have thought he'd have a car taking him in addition to picking him up at this point.  That's kind of remarkable."

Most Broadway actors are only "famous" when they get within a half block of their show, after that they are just in your way on the sidewalk like everyone else. I once walked with Groff from Hamilton all the way to the subway station, until he was going downtown, and I was going uptown, and as soon as we left 46th, no one said anything to him.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#45Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 3:43pm

Phantom4ever said: ""Ben Platt Meeting Experience"??? That sounds an attraction at an amusement park"

Only chiming in to say this made me laugh out loud.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#46Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 3:47pm

JSquared2 said: "hork said: "Hey, DearSaraH, where do you work? I want to stop by and get a picture of you. When's a good time?"

But wait --- she doesn't get to pick a GOOD time --- all that matters is when it's convenient for YOU and when YOU want to ambush her.  I'd suggest hiding out in the ladies room of her workplace (or more likely her junior high school) and peering under the stall to ask for a selfie and a meet and greet!

All good ideas. Has anyone else met DearSaraH? What time does she usually show up for work/school? I don't want to wait around too long, but I really want to meet her.

Updated On: 7/28/17 at 03:47 PM

yeah
#47Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 3:57pm

Nycat63 said: "CassandraReads said: "I met Ben last Thursday when I was walking down 8th Ave between 46th and 47th at about 5pm. I smiled at him and he smiled back which prompted me to gush a little and tell him how much I enjoyed him in the show, etc.....he was extremely sweet and friendly. Not sure if that helps. Lol 

"I'm just reading this thread for kicks (agreeing with the please leave him alone camp), but is he seriously walking down 8th to work? I would have thought he'd have a car taking him in addition to picking him up at this point.  That's kind of remarkable. 

It's only as remarkable as him having to explain not greeting fans at the stage door (something no actor HAS to do) for the sake of his voice, but to still post several pictures of him greeting celebrities after the show.  

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#48Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 5:20pm

yeah said: "It's only as remarkable as him having to explain not greeting fans at the stage door (something no actor HAS to do) for the sake of his voice, but to still post several pictures of him greeting celebrities after the show."

That falls under publicity/promotion.

Nycat63
#49Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 5:59pm

haterobics said: "Nycat63 said: "I would have thought he'd have a car taking him in addition to picking him up at this point.  That's kind of remarkable."

Most Broadway actors are only "famous" when they get within a half block of their show, after that they are just in your way on the sidewalk like everyone else. I once walked with Groff from Hamilton all the way to the subway station, until he was going downtown, and I was going uptown, and as soon as we left 46th, no one said anything to him.

I don't disagree with that in general, I just think Ben is in a somewhat unique category right now where his fan base can be a bit intense. Hence threads like this one!  So I wouldn't blame him for a second if he had a driver to work as well as from.  

schubox
#50Ben Platt Meeting Experience
Posted: 7/28/17 at 6:08pm

haterobics said: "Nycat63 said: "I would have thought he'd have a car taking him in addition to picking him up at this point.  That's kind of remarkable."

"

I once walked IN to a performance of Hamilton right next to Renee. She was wearing street clothes and a backpack and just walked right in to the theater with the crowd. My gf and I noticed her but didn't say anything. No one else noticed or said anything either. It was like 20 minutes before the show too. It was kind of odd