pixeltracker

Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?- Page 3

Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#50Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/24/18 at 11:46am

GF21 said: "Ingrid Michaelson, who had a brief run in "The Great Comet" and is a friend of Sara Bareilles, tweeted this on 7/21, along with a picture of the Playbills from Head Over Heels, The Boys In The Band, Beautiful, The Band's Visit, Angels in America, Skintight, and Mean Girls:

7 shows in 2 weeks. #research
"

Didn't she mention during COMET that she was writing (or thinking about writing) a musical? 

Michaelson would be a huge "get" for WAITRESS, though.

robskynyc
#51Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/24/18 at 12:12pm

SomethingPeculiar said: "Michaelson would be a huge "get" for WAITRESS, though."

agreed! saw her in Comet and her Sonya Alone was mind blowing.

i dont remember much about her acting tho? jenna does require a lot depth.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#52Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/24/18 at 12:26pm

Wouldn’t it be something if they got Nicolette AND Leslie to join Waitress. He wouldn’t be a bad Dr. P.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Rainah
#53Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/24/18 at 1:38pm

Ingrid was a great Sonya when we saw it. It's not necessarily enough of a part to say "Yes she can carry a show as the lead" but I really enjoyed what I saw. It was not a carbon copy of Brittain's, but it was grounded and well thought out.

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#54Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/24/18 at 3:50pm

Just checked on Today Tix, and the discount is now available throuugh September 16th. 

Is this a sign of... something?

WestEndGal
#55Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/24/18 at 6:24pm

natashalost said: "LizzieCurry said: "I'm with DramaTeach. Remember when Norm Lewis joined Phantom?"

I don't think these two moments are comparable... the Jenna in Waitress does not have the same amount of cultural significance and name recognition the Phantom of the Opera has...

They can try this strategy all they want but they're gonna need some other names to stunt cast if they want to keep the show running under Nicolette.
"

I like Nicolette but agree that I don’t think she’s gonna bring in the big numbers/bucks unless they also bring in a big name Dr P. A bit like how the grosses soared when Jason Mraz joined Betsy. Erich Bergen is finishing his stint around the same time as Kat McPhee (a bit earlier) so it’ll be interesting to see who replaces him. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#57Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 11:25am

8 weeks?    They must already have a name coming in for Nov-Dec.   ;

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

MannPhan24601
#58Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 11:30am

WHAT ABOUT POTTAMER????

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#59Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 12:17pm

I loved Nicolette in Brooklynite (whatever happened to that show, anyway?) so I'd love to see her in another show.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#60Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 12:31pm

I can't say I honestly know who she is, but I'd be curious to see this show with her. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#61Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 12:41pm

Mrs Leslie Odom.   I saw her in Brooklynite, too - not too many memories of any of it.  She has some hits on IMDB.   I had to look her up.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Fordham2015
#62Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 12:49pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "It's Nicolette.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Nicolette-Robinson-to-Show-Broadway-What-Baking-Can-Do-as-Next-Jenna-in-WAITRESS-20180725
"

Talk about opening up! Ba dum tiss.

But seriously, congrats to her!

GVS2
#63Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 1:04pm

I saw Nicolette perform a song with her husband when Leslie had his small residency at the McKittrick Hotel in 2016.  Could there be any possibility of Leslie Odom, Jr. taking on the role of Dr. P during this limited engagement?  

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#64Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 1:26pm

I don't see Odom as having the comic sensibility for this- not the awkwardness the part requires- he's too suave.

Updated On: 7/25/18 at 01:26 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#65Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 1:30pm

So maybe she does the run for 8 weeks and then Sara returns to close the show?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#66Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 1:31pm

Ohhhhhhh Nicollette is amazing!!! I saw her in INVISIBLE THREAD. She's wonderful! Congrats! She won't sell tickets though so they must have a big name coming in for Dr. P. 

Solipsist234
#67Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 2:05pm

ACL2006 said: "So maybe she does the run for 8 weeks and then Sara returns to close the show?"

The show hasn't announced a closing date, so let's not jump to conclusions just yet...

But I do see where your head's at, ACL2006!

VintageSnarker
#68Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 4:17pm

I remember really liking her in Invisible Thread though I can't remember much of that show to say why. Betsy didn't get me to make a return visit but if someone wants to see a show, I'll certainly take them to see Nicolette in Waitress over most of the new shows playing now. I'm curious to hear if she brings a different energy to Jenna.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#69Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 7:30pm

Congrats to Nicolette Robinson to bethe next waitress...

But looking forward

Emmy Rossum would be perfect for the role at some point on broadway or tour. She played as a waitress on SHO "Shameless" and she have singing background as Christine from POTO movie.

#LetsGoEmmy
#ShamelessWaitress

Updated On: 7/25/18 at 07:30 PM

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#70Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 7:48pm

so happy for nicolette!

one of the current lulus posted they only had 6 weeks left in the show. Will they cast POC lulus? that’s so awesome!

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#71Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 7:51pm

Yaasss! Come through, Nicolette! 

I've never had a desire to see the show until recently. This makes me want to go see it even more. 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#72Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 9:17pm

Apparently you can’t mention Cynthia Erivo around here, either, anymore.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#73Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 9:24pm

adamgreer said: "Apparently you can’t mention Cynthia Erivo around here, either, anymore."

I'm surprised that post of yours was deleted. You weren't exactly taking a big leap or anything...

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#74Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 9:40pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "adamgreer said: "Apparently you can’t mention Cynthia Erivo around here, either, anymore."

I'm surprised that post of yours was deleted. You weren'texactly takinga big leap or anything...
"

What did we miss?