pixeltracker

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods- Page 15

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#350Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 1:14pm

Assuming the two people out have COVID, I am wondering if INTO THE WOODS makes it through next weekend? Only 2 understudies are listed (one for the men, one for the women), but perhaps more are being rehearsed.

If Sara B has to call out, that means refunds. If other leads catch it, that's going to be a lot to juggle.

JasonC3
#351Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 1:42pm

The $2500 orchestra seats offered on StubHub seem just a wee bit overconfident lol.  Capitalism!

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#352Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 1:51pm

rumored Sweeney revival does have a director named, Thomas Kail. If it’s indeed his first Broadway production after Hamilton (you know they’d slap that name on advertisements) and he has a star as big as Josh Groban in the lead role as rumored, then this revival would get off the ground easily.

ImAProphet
#353Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 1:51pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Assuming the two people out have COVID, I am wondering if INTO THE WOODS makes it through next weekend? Only 2 understudies are listed (one for the men, one for the women), but perhaps more are being rehearsed.

If Sara B has to call out, that means refunds. If other leads catch it, that's going to be a lot to juggle.
"

Jason Forbach posted a "goodbye" story to his IG today, so I guess we can assume Jordan Donica is back tomorrow night.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#354Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 1:56pm

I would love to see it transfer with a more full scale production, while maintaining the bones of the concert presentation. 
The SITPWG transfer enhanced the design while keeping the concert element, but seemed to splurge on the extremely extravagant chromolume. 

I’m curious what they’d do here. 

lily carver
#355Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 1:57pm

After last nights show they only had window cards and notebooks and THEY RAN OUT OF PROGRAMS ( at least in the Balcony) They said I could come back during the week if I wanted one. I really loved the show but I may be in the minority that it was not my favorite Encores as I liked  BRIGADOON and MOST HAPPY FELLA  better but that may be because they are a little closer to the type of show ENCORES would normally try to "revive".

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#356Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 2:20pm

ljay889 said: "I would love to see it transfer with a more full scale production, while maintaining the bones of the concert presentation. The SITPWG transfer enhanced the design while keeping the concert element, but seemed to splurge on the extremely extravagant chromolume. I’m curious what they’d do here."

I guess the big question is if it would transfer with the band onstage or in the pit.

Unless I'm misremembering, the wraparound platform upstage wasn't used very much at Encores...a missed opportunity.

Hairspray0901
#357Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 2:25pm

ImAProphet said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Assuming the two people out have COVID, I am wondering if INTO THE WOODS makes it through next weekend? Only 2 understudies are listed (one for the men, one for the women), but perhaps more are being rehearsed.

"

Jason Forbach posted a "goodbye" story to his IG today, so I guess we can assume Jordan Donica is back tomorrow night.
"

I’m seeing it Saturday night - just crossing all fingers and toes no one catches covid!!! 

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#358Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 2:34pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Assuming the two people out have COVID, I am wondering if INTO THE WOODS makes it through next weekend? Only 2 understudies are listed (one for the men, one for the women), but perhaps more are being rehearsed.

"

There was an insert in the playbill last night mentioning another male understudy (who was on as the Steward). 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#359Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 2:34pm

"

There was an insert in the playbill last night mentioning another male understudy (who was on as the Steward). 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

annang
#360Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 7:22pm

They already ran out of most stuff. They still had mugs, posters, and notebooks yesterday evening. To make up for it, they are sharing promo code ENCORES! to get free delivery from the Playbill Store but it didn’t work for me."

Tried this code to get a tote bag, and it worked for me just now.

kurtal
#361Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 8:23pm

I have nothing to add to the chorus of raves.  Just wanted to say that I truly loved this production.

Cory Schimmoelelr
#362Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/9/22 at 11:55pm

"

As someone who has a ticket for literally the last day, I really hope not.

I think the incubation period for covid might keep the production safe into next week.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#363Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/10/22 at 12:02am

Wishful thinking, but the Omicron incubation period is only 2-4 days.

B212323
Ke3
#365Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/10/22 at 3:45am

I saw this last night and wow wow wow. I was blown away. Now first, ITW is my favorite Sondheim. I connect really strongly with the themes, blah blah blah. Plus, Heather Headley is one of my favorite performers and Sara is a childhood favorite. So, I went in ready to like it.

With the above statement is probably not a shock to anybody that Heather and Sara gave my favorite performances. I swear it's not my bias showing!! I have poured over that original PBS taping of the show so many times and what stood out to me was how neither of them really felt like they were pulling from that well. Heather plays The Witch less funny than most people I've seen do it, which worked just as well for me. I felt her reaction to Rapunzel's death so strongly. I didn't like however, the staging of Lament. She was so angry and heartbroken in the book scenes directly after that moment, but for the song they just have her stand there hunched over singing it. I also have to say I know it's hard to do the ugly witch costume in a way that makes it easy to do the quick change, but that mask didn't make her look ugly. Just gave her really great cheekbones.

Sara was a complete revelation to me. Joanna Gleason left such an indelible mark on that role, and Sara matches her. She's softer, but still pragmatic. Also her voice. She pushes up into legit on some parts and it's wonderful. Her chemistry with NPH surprised me. They felt like a real couple to me. Julia Lester is now the definitive Little Red to me. Such a great debut. 

I have to say if this is what they did with two weeks of rehearsal a full production would perhaps be one or the best revivals we've ever seen.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#366Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/10/22 at 5:45am

Silly little question - I'm going to see the show tonight and am wondering what the temperature was like inside NYCC? Debating if I can wear a short sleeve shirt or if I'll be too cold in there. I'm sitting front mezz if that makes any difference :)

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#367Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/10/22 at 10:57am

Very interesting news, I guess we’ll see if it’s true. I’ll be ecstatic if this moves to Broadway, though I’ll now have bittersweet thoughts on Borle joining. As much as I love Christian, Neil really did kill it here I thought, and I’d be said to see him left behind. Still, I’m not gonna pretend I’m not extremely interested in seeing Christian’s take on the role.

I know The Gilded Age is shooting during the summer, I wonder if that might mess with Denee Benton’s involvement. I hope they don’t lose her too, if they’re even losing Neil at all, or if it’s even moving at all.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#369Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/10/22 at 11:06am

Did Rob Berman say he is only stepping down from his Encores! post, or from musical theatre altogether? Assuming this transfers to Broadway, I'd be curious to see if he continues with this production. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#371Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/10/22 at 11:15am

ljay889 said: "Were all the transfer posts deleted?"

LMAO! Yes they were.

BroadwayFanatic454 Profile Photo
BroadwayFanatic454
#372Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/10/22 at 11:22am

FANtomFollies said: "Silly little question - I'm going to see the show tonight and am wondering what the temperature was like inside NYCC? Debating if I can wear a short sleeve shirt or if I'll be too cold in there. I'm sitting front mezz if that makes any difference :)"

I was very warm in the mezzanine and multiple people around me said the same thing. If that helps! 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#373Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/10/22 at 11:26am

Must mean it's true!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

tjfeldman1116
#374Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/10/22 at 12:27pm

One ticket for sale for tonight's performance -- 3rd row orchestra (CC) center. Asking $350. Can email the PDF right away.

Updated On: 5/10/22 at 12:27 PM

Videos