pixeltracker

ALW Announes BAD CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater - Previews Start 2/17/23

ALW Announes BAD CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater - Previews Start 2/17/23

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1ALW Announes BAD CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater - Previews Start 2/17/23
Posted: 10/2/22 at 8:52pm

Looks like a live announcement is happening outside the Imperial Theater tomorrow at 10am

Updated On: 10/9/22 at 08:52 PM

nativenewyorker2
#2ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 9:15pm

Damn ALW hasn’t slid into my dms lol

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#3ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 9:18pm

Why on earth are ALW and Miramontez wasting the media's time on the initial announcement of a show? The coverage won't be any better than servicing a press release (which they will no doubt still do at 10:01am) or an exclusive to the NYTimes.

Feels like a situation where he wanted to announce it on Good Morning America or Today Show and everyone passed on the pitch.

Jordan Catalano
#4ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 9:19pm

Same! I’m simultaneously happy and sad about it lol

BCfitasafiddle
#5ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 9:20pm

God help us. Any chance we'll get a star announcement as well for the title role? 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#6ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 9:23pm

Given the mostly favorable reviews in London (especially from The New York Times), I am hopeful for the future of this title on Broadway. However, ALW needs to stop treating cast and crew members like dirt. NOW.

Previews will likely begin in February, before a March official opening. 

So I guess this means no revolve at the top of Act II?

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 10/2/22 at 09:23 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#7ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 9:24pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "God help us. Any chance we'll get a star announcement as well for the title role?"

Not if ALW wants to position the show as bigger than any actor, and himself as the key creative force.

Jordan Catalano
#8ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 9:27pm

My first thought with an in-person live announcement was there would be a performance as well, so maybe with whoever is playing Cindy…? 

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#9ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 9:45pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Given the mostly favorable reviews in London (especially fromThe New York Times), I am hopeful for the future of this title on Broadway. However, ALW needs to stop treating cast and crew members like dirt. NOW.

"

It's honestly believed here is the UK that the major critics hyped this show as it was the first show to open in the pandemic. The non Newspaper critics were less then enthusiastic. This is not a good show. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#10ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 9:54pm

Agreed. The cast recording is absolute trash. 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#11ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 10:05pm

Here we go! He's going to be the same way he was with the London production! Seriously! I don't know how anyone would want to work with ALW nowadays! He's nothing but a control freak in my opinion! I've said it before and will repeat it: had he not been so controlling of the show and had a better creative team, I think it would have been a hit somehow! He should just be a composer! Not a producer, not a director, not a designer, JUST a composer. I'm sorry if some of you may disagree, but I have lost all respect for ALW at this moment. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#12ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 10:24pm

I really, REALLY hope the rumors of Jennifer Simard being involved are just rumors. I don’t want to have a reason to be tempted to see this garbage.

MannPhan24601
#13ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 10:50pm

Think SweatyOracle on TikTok (I know a lot of people discredit him but two of my friends who are well connected with theater insiders say he's 99 percent right ) said Miley Cyrus was rumored to play Cinderella and Colleen Ballinger as one of the stepsisters(she's touring in the spring though ....)

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#14ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/2/22 at 11:28pm

Miley as Cinderella would be among the biggest star casting in the history of modern Broadway. It's so far fetched that I can't even wrap my head around it being more than a pipedream and an obligatory offer/decline.

Ke3
#15ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/3/22 at 1:01am

Plastic Hearts was the most critically successful album of Miley's career and gave her two radio staples in one year. Something she hadn't achieved since 2013. She signed a new record deal with Columbia, and is currently planning her 8th album. I say all that to say, Miley Cyrus is almost certainly not going to play Cinderella on Broadway. I'd bet good money that's one of the fake tips people have been sending to mess with him.

SouthernCakes
#16ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/3/22 at 1:03am

I mean honestly what does Miley currently have going on? But I also don’t see her going this route. 

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#17ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/3/22 at 1:53am

I’m curious to know if the creative and design team will be the same here or if it will be an all new production since Andrew didn’t seem too pleased with the West End show. If he changes the title to Bad Cinderella he deserves everything coming his way.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#18ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/3/22 at 1:56am

Tell me why I’m wondering if doing Grammy promos with Abigail Barlow sparked the idea to possibly have her star in this… 

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#19ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/3/22 at 2:12am

Keeping my fingers crossed it’s Beanie as Cinderella and Rosie O’Donnell as the stepmother! 

Owen22
#20ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/3/22 at 4:01am

Dylan Smith4 said: "Here we go! He's going to be the same way he was with the London production! Seriously! I don't know how anyone would want to work with ALW nowadays! He's nothing but a control freak in my opinion! I've said it before and will repeat it: had he not been so controlling of the show and had a better creative team, I think it would have been a hit somehow! He should just be a composer! Not a producer, not a director, not a designer, JUST a composer. I'm sorry if some of you may disagree, but I have lost all respect for ALW at this moment."

This, this and more this!!!

The Scorpion
#21ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/3/22 at 6:09am

songanddanceman2 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Given the mostly favorable reviews in London (especially fromThe New York Times), I am hopeful for the future of this title on Broadway. However, ALW needs to stop treating cast and crew members like dirt. NOW.

"

It's honestly believed here is the UK that the major critics hyped this show as it was the first show to open in the pandemic. The non Newspaper critics were less then enthusiastic. This is not a good show.
"

I sat through it and it was a VERY trying 2 hours. I could not bear to sit through it again. The newspaper critics were completely at odds with the rest of the public; as you say, I think they were delighted to review something finally (but also, especially compared with Broadway, there are very few *actual* London critics left -- most of them have been replaced by entertainment reporters whose knowledge is very limited).

Is ALW going to be there in person? If so then I wonder if this will be used to announce something about Phantom (e.g. a nonsensical 'bigger and better' spiel that they tried in London...).

Updated On: 10/3/22 at 06:09 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#22ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/3/22 at 7:25am

A Spring opening that'll have the show closed by Labor Day...

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#23ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/3/22 at 8:08am

I guess it will never happen but I could see the show working off Broadway with a low budget, a lot of cuts and a cult following. Kind of Heathers style. There are some enjoyable moments so I don’t think the entire thing needs to be thrown out and forgotten about. It will probably be slaughtered when it opens in NYC on Broadway. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 10/3/22 at 08:08 AM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#24ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/3/22 at 8:13am

I, for one, and STOKED about this! I really enjoy the cast album. I look forward to seeing what changes they will make for Broadway.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Jordan Catalano
#25ALW Announcing CINDERELLA At The Imperial Theater Tomorrow (10/3)
Posted: 10/3/22 at 8:17am

I saw a video last night speculating the show will begin before “Phantom” closes, as to not disrupt ALW’s 40+ year streak of having a show playing on Broadway