News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden- Page 3

Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden

Dolly80
#50Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/17/23 at 6:09pm

Broadway Flash said: "All new Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals need to play the Winter Garden. This is Broadway's next big hit and should play a fabulous theatre like the WG, which is much more appropriate for this show anyway. It's not too late to change theatres. It's the best score of the season."

You’ve clearly not seen the show 🤣 The score, book and lyrics are the worst you will ever hear.

It’s gonna flop so badly on Broadway.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#51Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/17/23 at 9:11pm

Broadway Flash said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "Are you serious right now? This show will flop badly on Broadway. Especially after all the controversies with the London production. I am only considering seeing this because Carolee Carmello is playing the stepmother."

This is definitely not a flop. The New York Times gave it a nice review in London, the music is fantastic, and they're making changes to make it even better.
"

I can't imagine the convo hasn't moved pas this or someone hasn't made this point already but:

Do you have any idea how many shows flop despite having amazing reviews in the Times?

The answer is almost all of them.

Most shows are flops. Bad Cinderella will also likely flop. I can't see it running long enough to turn a profit.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#52Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/17/23 at 9:27pm

I gotta say, I really love its marketing campaign. They’re really owning the CAMP of it all, whether that means it will help sell the show remains to be seen. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#53Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/17/23 at 9:45pm

Between this, & Juliet, and the Britney show... there's a lot of fairy tales on Broadway. I could see it doing decent for a bit with ALW and Cinderella in the same sentence. I mean, School of Rock was a big hit. 

I'm just curious if they up the production value. The West End looked pretty cheap and not lavish like I would expect. 

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#54Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/17/23 at 11:50pm

I've been a big ALW fan for years - while I liked the score for Cinderella/Bad Cinderella and think it was better than some have claimed (and imagine it will sound better with a fuller orchestra on Broadway compared to West End) I wasn't really interested in the story... not looking for any goof or comedic thing tbh.  Its hard for me to imagine this having a good run.  For the cast and creatives I hope it does - and heck, I never went to see School of Rock - and that was a legitimate hit.  

Owen22
#55Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 10:00am

Broadway Flash said: "I'm not a troll, I'm telling you whats going to happen. Bad Cinderella will get good reviews, critics pick, be nominated for a bunch of Tony Awards, and sell lots of tickets. It will have a nice long run."

Awww, darlin'. Ain't you cute.

AEA AGMA SM
#56Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 10:46am

The most amusing part of this troll thread is the Troll acting as if the Imperial is some dump that nobody could possibly want to put their large musical in. You know, the theatre that is typically empty for 6 months tops between tenants. What a dump!

Jarethan
#57Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 11:24am

AEA AGMA SM said: "The most amusing part of this troll thread is the Troll acting as if the Imperial is some dump that nobody could possibly want to put their large musical in. You know, the theatre that is typically empty for 6 months tops between tenants. What a dump!"

Probably obsessed with the marquee.   Three of my favorite shows ever were at the Winter Garden, so it has special value to me.  That said, there are an awful lot of rotten side seats in the theatre and the front row of the mezzanine is too damn far from the stage.

I have sat in every section of the Imperial and it has its share of bad side seats, but not nearly as many.  I would have thought that it was one of the most in-demand theatres.  

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#58Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 1:01pm

Dolly80 said: "You’ve clearly not seen the show ? The score, book and lyrics are the worst you will ever hear.
"

The score, book and lyrics of Moulin Rogue and A Strange Loop were the worst we've ever heard.  The Tony's ended up giving them Best Musical.  Bad Cinderella is far superior to those, so clearly that's not going to impede Bad Cinderella's success, at least not at the Tony Awards.  And i've heard the cast recording which is really good.  Nice melodies and good lyrics.  It's a fun show.

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#59Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 1:11pm

Broadway Flash said: The score, book and lyrics of Moulin Rogue and A Strange Loop were the worst we've ever heard. The Tony's ended up giving them Best Musical. Bad Cinderella is far superior to those, so clearly that's not going to impede Bad Cinderella's success, at least not at the Tony Awards. And i've heard the cast recording which is really good. Nice melodies and good lyrics. It's a fun show.

Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

Broadway61004
#60Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 1:14pm

Broadway Flash said: "Dolly80 said: "You’ve clearly not seen the show ? The score, book and lyrics are the worst you will ever hear.
"

The score, book and lyrics of Moulin Rogue and A Strange Loop were the worst we've ever heard. The Tony's ended up giving them Best Musical. Bad Cinderella is far superior to those, so clearly that's not going to impede Bad Cinderella's success, at least not at the Tony Awards. And i've heard the cast recording which is really good. Nice melodies and good lyrics. It's a fun show.

"

Oh, Andrew, given that you wrote the score to Starlight Express, I'm not surprised you think the score to A Strange Loop is bad.

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#61Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 1:23pm

Bad Cinderella and Back To The Future are both going to flop.

Dolly80
#62Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 4:15pm

Broadway Flash said: "Dolly80 said: "You’ve clearly not seen the show ? The score, book and lyrics are the worst you will ever hear.
"

The score, book and lyrics of Moulin Rogue and A Strange Loop were the worst we've ever heard. The Tony's ended up giving them Best Musical. Bad Cinderella is far superior to those, so clearly that's not going to impede Bad Cinderella's success, at least not at the Tony Awards. And i've heard the cast recording which is really good. Nice melodies and good lyrics. It's a fun show.

"

I hope you get the help you need x

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#63Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 4:42pm

Mods, this thread is a dumpster fire. To quote Susan Powter, "Stop the insanity!"

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#64Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 5:07pm

TheGingerBreadMan said: "Bad Cinderella and Back To The Future are both going to flop."

Can you PM me this week’s Powerball numbers? 

Jarethan
#65Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 5:22pm

Remember several years ago (at least) there was a young poster named ‘Phillysomething’ who made these hyperbolic statements and defended them to the death.  I wonder whether Flash is the new improved Philliesomething.  Either way, it is time for your meds.

hearthemsing22
#66Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 5:32pm

Jordan Catalano said: "TheGingerBreadMan said: "Bad Cinderella and Back To The Future are both going to flop."

Can you PM me this week’s Powerball numbers?
"

HAHA Jordan I'm sorry if we fought before because now you're amusing me so much I love it! 

expectingtheworst
#67Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 6:42pm

Jarethan said: "Remember several years ago (at least) there was a young poster named ‘Phillysomething’ who made these hyperbolic statements and defended them to the death. I wonder whether Flash is the new improved Philliesomething. Either way, it is time for your meds."

I'm pretty sure Flash is just someone who is in the press office or in cahoots with them and trying to stir up drama as this particular office has always done. 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#68Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/18/23 at 11:42pm

^ I can assure you, nobody outside of this board and a few people on Twitter care enough to that. 

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#69Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/19/23 at 11:19am

expectingtheworst said: "Jarethan said: "Remember several years ago (at least) there was a young poster named ‘Phillysomething’ who made these hyperbolic statements and defended them to the death. I wonder whether Flash is the new improved Philliesomething. Either way, it is time for your meds."

I'm pretty sure Flash is just someone who is in the press office or in cahoots with them and trying to stir up drama as this particular office has always done.
"

This is playing very well off their "bridge and tunnel" ad campaign..let's keep beating a dead horse with the same bad information louder and louder until we agree...which 99% of us won't. It's beyond laughable. You can show facts and everything else and they will still call you a lair. So as Taffy said SHUT IT DOWN! The FLASH has extinguished! 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#70Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/20/23 at 7:21am

I heard rehearsals have been going very well.  Sounds promising 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#71Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/20/23 at 7:50am

Rehearsals can go really well for any show and still be a flop! I swear, if you really think this show is going to be the best thing in years, that’s your opinion but it’s not fact! I would suggest you see some other shows that are on Broadway this season and not be fixated on just one show! 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Broadway61004
#72Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
Posted: 1/20/23 at 8:15am

Broadway Flash said: "I heard rehearsals have been going very well. Sounds promising"

I also heard that George Santos is the one who actually wrote this show, along with Hamilton, West Side Story and Hamlet. That doesn't mean it's true.

Videos