pixeltracker

What Next For The Majestic?- Page 8

What Next For The Majestic?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#175What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/9/24 at 1:24pm

JSquared2 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Someone needs to educate the BWW intern what a marquee is. This is called the theatre signage. Themarquee is the structure above the sidewalk and over the entrance with the show info.

Get Off Your High Horse! | Lara Love's ...
"

But he is right.

Just give the world Love.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#176What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/9/24 at 1:31pm

JSquared2 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Someone needs to educate the BWW intern what a marquee is. This is called the theatre signage. Themarquee is the structure above the sidewalk and over the entrance with the show info.

"

Right or wrong, imagine being that insufferable.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#177What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/9/24 at 1:44pm

Right or wrong, imagine being that insufferable.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#178What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/9/24 at 2:28pm

TotallyEffed said: "JSquared2 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Someone needs to educate the BWW intern what a marquee is. This is called the theatre signage. Themarquee is the structure above the sidewalk and over the entrance with the show info.

"

Right or wrong, imagine being that insufferable.
"

Honestly, I was not looking at the personality of the person, I was commenting on the factual statement made. I don't always agree with or like the attitude of some people here but when you are right, you are right.

Regarding the Majestic...I just have this feeling that BOOP! is going in there, unless I missed something about where it is going. And as far as the Stranger Things Play, I think it is looking at the Broadhurst. I also did not know that it is the first of a trilogy of plays.

Just give the world Love.

starlightlocamotion
#179What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/10/24 at 12:13am

It was speculated that BOOP was holding out for THE BROADWAY ... but I suspect Gatsby will last till the end of Jeremy & Eva's contracts. I would not be surprised if Boop takes the majestic ... or The Palace? pending Tammy Faye's success.

OhHiii
#180What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/10/24 at 7:36am

Boop won’t get the Majestic. I believe most likely the Barrymore in the Spring. They were offered the Broadway before they offered it to Gatsby. Boop doesn’t want a huge house like that. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#181What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/10/24 at 8:52am

Boop isn't a huge show - at least in Chicago - so it's smart for them to go smaller. And Stranger Things is a big show, but the theater in London was fairly small. I think the Broadhurst makes a lot of sense. 

theatergoer3
#182What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/10/24 at 9:02am

The London house seats just over 1,000.

The Broadhurst would work but isn’t Buena Vista highly rumored to go in there ?

Updated On: 5/10/24 at 09:02 AM

singer234
#183What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/10/24 at 10:36am

Last I heard from a reliable source was that they were waiting for the Winter Garden, but that was a little while ago, and who knows. I didn't see the show, so I don't know how big it is/if they plan to make major upgrades. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#184What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 9:50am

Theater influencer Ashley Hufford posted a clip of the sign outside of the Majestic with what appears to be a teaser of an announcement of… something. All that’s currently visible are the letters A & P in a marquee signage font.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#185What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 9:53am

Looks like 2 words where the first word ends with A and the second word starts with P?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#186What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 9:55am

Looks like Paul Giamatti is indeed joining Audra in Gypsy next spring. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#187What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 10:00am

Er, is Giamatti really a celebrity people would be on a first-name basis with? He’s not even the first actor who would come to my mind when presented with the name Paul. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#188What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 10:24am

Isn't that spot used to advertise shows at other theaters, not just shows at the Majestic?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#189What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 10:36am

Kad said: "Er, is Giamatti really a celebrity people would be on a first-name basis with? He’s not even the first actor who would come to my mind when presented with the name Paul."

You are underestimating millennials and their obsession with Big Fat Liar

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#190What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 10:42am

Call_me_jorge said: "Kad said: "Er, is Giamatti really a celebrity people would be on a first-name basis with? He’s not even the first actor who would come to my mind when presented with the name Paul."

You are underestimating millennials and their obsession withBig Fat Liar
"

I'm a millennial, and I hadn't thought of that movie in at least two decades.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#191What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 10:42am

FANtomFollies said: "Isn't that spot used to advertise shows at other theaters, not just shows at the Majestic?"

I walked by this a few minutes ago. The screen is pretty clearly on the Broadhurst side, not the Majestic. But, you're also right that the Shuberts control it, not the Broadhurst or Majestic's tenant. Entirely possible that it has nothing to do with either theatre and it's another Shubert announcment. 

With Ashley Hufford, she's big enough now that it's also entirely possible that this was not a chance encounter and an unannounced show asked her to go see it and post it (and she may know what it is and that it does correspond to the Majestic). 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#192What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 10:45am

Isn’t that the spot the MAMMA MIA ad was up for like 10 years? I don’t think it’s necessarily connected to the Majestic. But who knows. 

Updated On: 5/29/24 at 10:45 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#193What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 10:53am

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Kad said: "Er, is Giamatti really a celebrity people would be on a first-name basis with? He’s not even the first actor who would come to my mind when presented with the name Paul."

You are underestimating millennials and their obsession withBig Fat Liar
"

I'm a millennial, and I hadn't thought of that movie in at least two decades.
"

I’m also a millennial and I don’t know anybody I could reasonably describe as obsessed with that movie. 

SeanD2
#194What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 10:59am

jkcohen626 said: "With Ashley Hufford, she's big enough now that it's also entirely possible that this was not a chance encounter and an unannounced show asked her to go see it and post it (and she may know what it is and that it does correspond to the Majestic)."

1000% this. As influencers become more and more paid agents of marketing companies it is important to take everything they say with a massive grain of salt.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#195What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 11:02am

The Broadhurst doesn’t have a digital marquee (does it??) so maybe that sign will be advertising what’s there next. 

Voter
#196What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 11:28am

Now there is an R and a Y on the screen

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#197What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 11:33am

Voter said: "Now there is an R and a Y on the screen"

I guess maybe it'll spell out Audra Gypsy

Ptero2
#198What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 11:35am

Voter said: "Now there is an R and a Y on the screen"

Fingers crossed for Romeo + Yuliet

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#199What Next For The Majestic?
Posted: 5/29/24 at 11:36am

Instead of the A & P?  In addition to?   What is the placement?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Latest Posts

Videos