pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 2:44pm

Click below to access all the Broadway grosses from all the shows for the week ending 7/2/2023 in BroadwayWorld's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: LIFE OF PI (6.9%), THE SIGN IN SIDNEY BRUSTEIN'S WINDOW (6.7%), GREY HOUSE (6.3%), JUST FOR US (4.5%), LEOPOLDSTADT (4.5%), CHICAGO (3.3%), FAT HAM (2.2%), ALADDIN (1.3%), SHUCKED (0.9%), THE LION KING (0.9%), MOULIN ROUGE! THE MUSICAL (0.7%), PARADE (0.7%), WICKED (0.7%), THE BOOK OF MORMON (0.4%), HAMILTON (0.2%),

Down for the week by attendance (% of capacity) was: ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME (-31.9%), SOME LIKE IT HOT (-8.9%), PETER PAN GOES WRONG (-6.9%), KIMBERLY AKIMBO (-5.4%), MJ THE MUSICAL (-5.3%), CAMELOT (-4.4%), A BEAUTIFUL NOISE, THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL (-2.6%), NEW YORK, NEW YORK (-2.2%), FUNNY GIRL (-2%), HERE LIES LOVE (-1.1%), GOOD NIGHT, OSCAR (-0.8%), HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD (-0.8%), SIX (-0.3%), & JULIET (-0.2%), HADESTOWN (-0.2%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

noahseestheatre Profile Photo
noahseestheatre
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 2:46pm

WOW. BTTF grossing over $1mil with 4 performances is INSANE

Hold on, Kimberly and SLIH!

Grey House will likely close by Labor Day if even (and I loved the show)

Updated On: 7/5/23 at 02:46 PM

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 2:48pm

Wow at Back to the Future! Great weeks for the closing plays too.

Camelot definitely proving why it's closing.

This seemed to be a week where the touristy stuff held up better (not surprising with it so close to the 4th) so the A Beautiful Noise numbers seem disappointing.

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 2:50pm

Wow BttF. That’s impressive for 4 shows. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 2:52pm

Jesus Christ, Back to the Future. GET IT. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 2:55pm

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME...ouch.

Yes, the ATP is increasing but those numbers do not bode well for a show looking to be a long run. When I went on Friday, my TDF ticket was a premium seat and large swaths of the extreme orchestra were empty which, for a show of this magnitude, the lack of audible audience engagement is palpable and very noticeable. 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 2:55pm

Great Scott, Back to the Future!

Lot of heavy drops otherwise, though.

Oh look, a bibu!

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 3:13pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Great Scott,Back to the Future!

Lot of heavy drops otherwise, though.
"  It's great that Emma Pittman is involved in creating a role in the successful Back To The Future.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

BossBroadway
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 3:19pm

I think the next two to four weeks will be the deciding factor for shows like Shucked, SLIH, OUAOMT, and potentially KA. NYNY is out by the end of July, mayyybe to Labor Day if they announce a closing as a "last chance" and "must close" type thing. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 3:28pm

Yeah, as I've been saying on other threads these grosses and next week's aren't great indicators of a show's health overall because of July 4th. The 4th is historically not a great time for Broadway, and we essentially have TWO July 4th weekends this year because it falls on a Tuesday and some folks just take the week. Two weeks from yesterday we'll get a much better indicator of how shows are faring (and this current week will probably still be better than last week).

That said, GREAT SCOTT indeed! They could be heavily front loaded with fans, but it's never bad to start strong.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 3:29pm

Does it look like the Tony bump for Kimberly might be even less substantial and long lasting than A Strange Loop? That is surprising to me. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 3:31pm

binau said: "Does it look like the Tony bump for Kimberly might be even less substantial and long lasting than A Strange Loop? That is surprising to me."

This week and next week are weird with 4th of July and a more tourist heavy population for shows. Let's see how it looks in two weeks. That's true for a lot of the newer and less big title shows.

thescytheandthesword
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 3:38pm

How are we feeling about the Hadestown grosses in the past few months? Do we think it can stick it out for the rest of the year?

hearthemsing22
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 3:40pm

thescytheandthesword said: "How are we feeling about the Hadestown grosses in the past few months? Do we think it can stick it out for the rest of the year?"

Maybe it will be a New Years closing announcement. Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23 I hate that, but given how it's doing...I don't see it going into 2024. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 3:49pm

Why is everyone clutching their pearls over KA? It’s making money. It’s the smallest theater. It’s not gonna be making money on the scale of Back to the Future. It’s doing great business! Happy to see it making some $$.

hache2
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 4:12pm

hearthemsing22 said: "thescytheandthesword said: "How are we feeling about the Hadestown grosses in the past few months? Do we think it can stick it out for the rest of the year?"

Maybe it will be a New Years closing announcement. Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23 I hate that, but given how it's doing...I don't see it going into 2024.
"

I'd hate to lose it too but with the grosses, casting issues and now a lawsuit IDK if I see them lasting to Jan 1.

Collingswood
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 4:35pm

RippedMan said: "Why is everyone clutching their pearls over KA? It’s making money. It’s the smallest theater. It’s not gonna be making money on the scale of Back to the Future. It’s doing great business! Happy to see it making some $$."

Thank you!

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 4:49pm

Those Here Lies Love numbers are concerning. I know there are tons of discounts out there, including TDF, but I hope the attendance and $$$ picks up soon. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 5:11pm

The expected July 4 weekend dip. Shows should go up for the rest of the summer. FYI, A BEAUTIFUL NOISE sold out their Monday night performance this week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

perfectpenguin
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 5:39pm

bwaylyric said: "Those Here Lies Love numbers are concerning. I know there are tons of discounts out there, including TDF, but I hope the attendance and $$$ picks up soon."

Who’s responsible for renovating the theatre back to traditional rows? The current production or the next that comes in? Generally curious how that works 

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 5:44pm

Here Lies Love will have to return the Broadway to its original condition upon closing, whenever that ends up being. 

pablitonizer
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 5:46pm

Oh the 4th of July curse lol - Shocked at BTF with only 4 previews, that's terrific! There's a TV performance coming soon for OUAOMT so hopefully it'll help. 

BETTY22
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 5:47pm

I'm surprised Here Lies Love isn't doing better.  

I wonder what it's break even is each week? 

chrishuyen
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 6:09pm

I wonder if BTTF specifically decided to open this weekend to coincide with 4th of July, since I'd imagine it will be a popular show with tourists.  A friend who went said that she saw a ton of people decked out in merch from the movie and was surprised at how enthusiastic the fans were.  It'll be interesting to see if this will continue to be as big in a regular week once tourists have petered out.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/2/23
Posted: 7/5/23 at 6:11pm

BETTY22 said: "I'm surprisedHere Lies Love isn't doing better.

I wonder what it's break even is each week?
"

It hasn't even opened yet and it's a holiday week where most NYC-ers are out of town.