News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Disney will launch North American tour of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 2025, Broadway stop next?- Page 2

Disney will launch North American tour of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 2025, Broadway stop next?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#25Disney will launch North American tour of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 2025, Broadway stop next?
Posted: 5/21/24 at 11:46am

The tour will be using the tier 3 touring contract. Disney could afford to tour this on the highest level contract, so I’m shocked equity approved this.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#26Disney will launch North American tour of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 2025, Broadway stop next?
Posted: 5/21/24 at 12:03pm

Yes, I just saw the ECC on the AEA site. $1,467 a week minimum, which was on par with a Broadway production like, ten years ago...

Updated On: 5/21/24 at 12:03 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#27Disney will launch North American tour of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 2025, Broadway stop next?
Posted: 5/21/24 at 12:12pm

And a relatively unknown director. Seems like he's mostly worked at the parks. So I'm guessing we get a slightly stepped up version of that non-union show that was touring. 

The Distinctive Baritone
#28Disney will launch North American tour of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 2025, Broadway stop next?
Posted: 5/21/24 at 12:22pm

Well, no, Matt West has actually had quite a career, from being the original Bobby in A Chorus Line to choreographing the original production of BATB and its many tours and international productions. He graduated to director-choreographer for the recent UK tour of BATB, so I'm guessing this tour will more or less be a replica of that.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#29Disney will launch North American tour of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 2025, Broadway stop next?
Posted: 5/21/24 at 12:29pm

I'd agree. I just mean we aren't getting an established director's new take on the material. We will probably just get a very safe, standard production. 

The Distinctive Baritone
#30Disney will launch North American tour of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 2025, Broadway stop next?
Posted: 5/21/24 at 12:49pm

If it ain't broke, don't fix it I say.

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#31Disney will launch North American tour of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 2025, Broadway stop next?
Posted: 5/21/24 at 1:37pm

Call_me_jorge said: "The tour will be using the tier 3 touring contract. Disney could afford to tour this on the highest level contract, so I’m shocked equity approved this."

I feel like Equity has no real power over this. They can’t even stop tours from going non-union, so how would they control what tier a tour goes out on? The good news is, this tour should sell extremely well, so the cast will hopefully make a good amount of overages. I’ve heard that the BEETLEJUICE tour has been selling so well that the cast is actually making more than they would’ve on a full production contract due to the high overages.

Videos