Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in

ashley0139
#1Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 9:49pm

Ok, we have a thread for ensembles we'd hate to be in. What ensembles would you kill to be in? And not just because you get to understudy Elphaba or something...

The Wild Party (Lippa)
Joseph... Dreamcoat is quite a fun ensemble to be in
Hairspray

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#1re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 9:52pm

The Wedding Singer (for the choreography)
Guys & Dolls (was so much fun)
A Chorus Line

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

C is for Company
#2re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 9:54pm

A Chorus Line
Cabaret
Sweeney Todd
Hair
Chicago

NathanLaneStalker
#3re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 9:55pm

Joseph is a terrible ensemble to be in. Beleive it from someone who has done it!

I'd love to do
The Producers
Spelling Bee (although there is no ensemble it's an ensemble show!)
Avenue Q (All you do is sit backstage and sing and get paid for it! Haha)
Mary Poppins
The Wedding Singer
All Shook Up
Guys and Dolls
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

ashley0139
#4re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 9:57pm

Joseph is a terrible ensemble to be in. Beleive it from someone who has done it!

I've also done it and it was a blast!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#5re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 9:58pm

Guys and Dolls (done it and loved it)
West side Story

NathanLaneStalker
#6re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 9:58pm

I didn't like it. The music got annoying.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

billygoatgirl300
#8re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 10:00pm

42nd Street even though I can't tap dance.

The towel waving reminded me of a Per?nist rally. I kept chanting "Evita!" whenever they'd pan to the crowds. - SM2

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#9re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 10:21pm

The Wedding Singer
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

justagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
#10re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 10:27pm

*Les Miserables
*Being a Kit Kat girl was really fun in Cabaret, the few nights I got to be in the chorus.
*Fiddler on the Roof was also lots of fun, when I was in the chorus. You're almost always onstage.
*42nd Street
*West Side Story
*Guys and Dolls

I've also been in the chorus of Joseph, and I have to add that it was anything but fun!

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#11re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 10:29pm

Mamma Mia! I would audition just to be in the Mega Mix.

jasobres
#12re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 10:30pm

The Apple Tree.

I mean being in it with Kristin would be the greatest thing evah!!

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

MrAmySpanger Profile Photo
MrAmySpanger
#13re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 10:44pm

wedddding singerrr
time a thousand
they prtty much MAKE the show
and they all have so many small parts
its amazing
i love wedding singer ensemble

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#14re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 10:49pm

The ensemble for A Chorus Line is more focused towards singing than dancing. Once "I Hope I Get It" is over, the cut dancers then go backstage and sing back-up for "Hello, Twelve.." & "One". Usually an ACL director prefers the ensemble to be better singers than dancers(this probably isn't true for Broadway due to the need for u/s). Although you still need to be a good dancer to get in the show.

Just saying this from experience on doing the show twice.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#15re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 11:32pm

Cabaret
The Rocky Horror Show

Those are the only two I can think of at the moment, I'm sure there's others I'd love to be in too.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#16re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/28/06 at 11:35pm

42nd Street - I've done the show and I loved every minute of it.

Hairspray - how I long for the day when I could have been one of the nicest kids in town. Now I'm over the age limit!!

How could I forget my all time favorite, Ragtime!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 11/29/06 at 11:35 PM

AnythingCanHappen Profile Photo
AnythingCanHappen
#17re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/29/06 at 1:16am

dont hate me: Mamma Mia
Mary Poppins
Wedding Singer
Legally Blonde (is it too early to announce that I would be excited, even if I havent seen it?)

I have been ensemble and featured ensemble in My Fair Lady and Cabaret, and neither was my favorite... But Little Shop kicked booty (and I was just a costumer who was allowed to sit in back and sing! however, i was told not to audition because i was the only person who COULD costume... ah, such is life.)

"Don't worry, it should never be seen. It's comparable to Britney's hoo-ha." - being.jeremiah in response to the High School Musical 2 logo "You look fantastic, all you need are high heels, cake and a dream." - Amneris

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#18re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/29/06 at 1:22am

42nd Street was probably the best Ensemble experience ever.

Guys and Dolls.

Thoroughly Modern Millie.

Wicked would be a blast, I would imagine.

Beauty and the Beast.

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#19re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/29/06 at 1:25am

Jersey Boys
The Wedding Singer
Chicago
Cabaret
Rent
Wicked

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#20re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/29/06 at 2:28am

first off: Urinetown
I was Hot Blades in a local production over the summer and it was so much fun. Even with the super killer second act opening "What Is Urinetown?" quickly followed by "Snuff That Girl" and topped off with "Run, Freedom Run", i loved doing that and feeling like i was gonna die :)

also
Rocky Horror
Cabaret (though I'd rather me Emcee, think anyone will ever cast a half-black Em?)
The Wild Party (either)
The Threepenny Opera
RENT

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#21re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/29/06 at 2:38am

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

They were all so poised... and sexy for that matter. The most amazing part is the women were not, as they said themselves, "spring chickens," but came accross so beautifully.

The Light in the Piazza

Just so I could strut around "faux" Florence each night re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

DTBG2
#22re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/29/06 at 3:19am

SPRING AWAKENING
RENT
RAGTIME
A CHORUS LINE
WEST SIDE STORY
JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#23re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/29/06 at 3:43am

HAIRSPRAY!!!! (It's all about being Fender and getting the best line in the show... "Snicker snicker sneer sneer")

Akiva

mauriposa
#24re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/29/06 at 5:14am

I, too, think Joseph would be a riot. Then again, it was my first Broadway show, so I'm a bit biased. Then, I'd have to say RENT, my first real Broadway love. And then, A Chorus Line, for the same reasons as the rest of the world.

BJC899
#25re: Ensembles you'd LOVE to be in
Posted: 11/29/06 at 6:51am

Les Miserables for me...

Videos