News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !- Page 3

Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#50re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 9:36am

Yeah, D2. Dude. Calm down. re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

PiraguaGuy2
#51re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 9:40am

Well, seeing as I was one of the posters who tossed derision at Rock of Ages predictions (and Stockard Channing and David Bologna...), I humbly eat my hat.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

beacon1
#52re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 9:41am

NOTHING for "All My Sons"???

Not even for Dianne Wiest who was breathtaking!!!???!!!

And, John Lithgow and Patrick Wilson...

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#53re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 9:45am

While Billy Elliot ties The Producers' record 15 nominations, it has the potential to beat the record for number of Tony Awards with nominations in 13 categories. Anyone think it'll happen?

~Steven

ARIELT
#54re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 9:46am

MelissaF that response was SUPERIOR!!!!!! I agree...the farting must have gone over all too well...LMAO!!!!!...and I didn't even see the show.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#55re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 9:47am

I just can't believe that 9 to 5 was completely shut out of Best Musical or that Broadway isn't burning to the ground over the nomination of Rock of Ages.

What a weak year for leading men if Constantine Maroulis can earn a Tony nomination as the lead in a juke box musical...or in anything for that fact.

I totally agree that either Megan Hilty or Stephanie J. Block should have gotten a nomination over Stockard Channing.

I just don't understand all the Rock of Ages love.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#56re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 9:49am

I'm disappointed that Aaron Tveit got left out. I thought he was better than most of the nominees in that category, though I didn't see David Bologna. I'm more disappointed that The Seagull got shut out. I really wish it had taken the Mary Stuart spot and that Kristin Scott Thomas got the Fonda nomination. I'm most disappointed, though, that Bill Irwin didn't make the cut.

One thing I'm surprised other people aren't happy about is the Carole Shelley nom. I'm not the biggest fan of Billy Elliott (though I respect it), but her moments were stunning. I'd actually give her the award over Gwynne. A very small part done brilliantly. At least in my opinion.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#57re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 9:56am

SUCKS that Tveit was the only one of the four left out...but that competition!!

And booo, was expecting a LITTLE mos [tos] love, but so happy for Hunter! :)

LittleBitRacist Profile Photo
LittleBitRacist
#58re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 9:56am

"I cringe thinking that we'll probably hear "Billy Elliot" "Billy Elliot" "Billy Elliot" "Billy Elliot" "Billy Elliot" all night on June 7th. It's just a politically correct piece of crap show."

i could not agree more. if thats how the awards turn out ill be absolutely miserable. it is by far not the best musical in years, its not even the best musical of THE year. i think the nominations were just to prove that they love billy and hate 9 to 5. point proven.

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#59re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 9:58am

grumble....grumble...Rock of Ages. Vomit.

To NOT bitch for a second...YAY for Jen Damiano and Hunter Bell!! Wooohoooo!

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
#60re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 9:59am

The whole Tony nominating committee needs an enema. Purge them all. Seems like some shenanigans is afoot when most of the highly acclaimed shows that have closed already are snubbed.

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#61re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:01am

I'm sorry to see that Aaron Tveit didn't get a nom.

..but I'm stunned Daniel Radcliffe wasn't nominated.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#62re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:01am

Well, here's to hoping the host makes the telecast worth watching.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

hushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
#63re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:02am

I'll be a voice in the wilderness here and say that I loved Stockard Channing's performance in PAL JOEY. Maybe you have to be 'of a certain age', but, late in the second act, when she suggests that they run off together only to realize that Joey was just using her for the money, watching her visibly deflate completely broke my heart. The only thing that Stephanie J Block's big number in 9 TO 5 did was break my eardrums.

And I enjoyed PAL JOEY a million times more than GUYS & DOLLS.

Sad that Aaron Tveit did not get a nod.

'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'

JenNYferTheatrical Profile Photo
JenNYferTheatrical
#64re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:17am

Would have liked to see Curtis Holbrook get a nomination, he's really electrifying in West Side Story...

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#65re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:19am

This is going to be a boring, predictable year. And they wonder why the ratings are low, it is because they rip off shows.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

kidmanboy Profile Photo
kidmanboy
#66re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:23am

I also have to say that the Leading Actress in a Musical nominees are exactly who I would have chosen. Stockard Channing's performance was mesmirizing, to me (and at 25, I don't think i'm quite old enough to be considered "of a certain age"). I have yet to understand the infatuation with Ms. Block. I think she's a bit of an over-actor and over-singer. She just doesn't ring true on stage to me.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#67re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:28am

I agree about Curtis. Him and Karen were the brightest spots when I saw the show.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

elphabelle07 Profile Photo
elphabelle07
#68re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:36am

I am stunned at the fact that The Seagull was completely left out. I mean...really? No Susan Blackwell or Heidi Blickenstaff? I can't believe Daniel Radcliff was left out of the noms as well. I heard that his performance was remarkable.

And I was stoked about Jen Damiano being nominated with J. Robert Spencer and Alice Ripley, but WHERE IS AARON TVEIT?????????? Holy freaking crap. And I'm bummed for Stephanie J. Block as well.

Sigh...
oh well. It's done. I still am super stoked for June 7th.

"I'm a bagel on a plate full of onion rolls!"-Funny Girl

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#69re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:38am

Yeah, Kristin Scott Thomas was truly robbed.

Ditto to Tovah Feldshuh. I guess IRENA's closing notice can be expected any day...totally shut out of the Tony nods.

Chrysanthemum62001
#70re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:41am

Damn. I'm kinda pissed Daniel Radcliffe wasn't nominated. And James Barbour.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#71re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:44am

I can't believe Block didn't get a nom. She saved the whole show for me. After Get Out and Stay Out, I was LOVING it!

So you loved the show from the 2nd to last scene to the end? What a snub! I agree that the nominations that show received are more than sufficient.

I think the only real "snub" fans of the show can cry out for would be Dolly Parton. Aside from the "known commodity" factor, she would be the only reason to see it- she representing the score (as her first) & being on all of the posters.

I suppose if we use the laws of logic: if BDJ can be nominated for doing an impression of Mike Myer's cartoon character Shrek, then Hilty could have been nominated for doing her best Dolly impression (mixed with a little bit of Stephanie Weir's Anna Nicole Smith).

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#72re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:47am

Even though i love Billy Elliot, I love whoever said this: "Please Elton John, must we continue this charade..." so true.

Since I haven't seen a lot of the shows that got/didn't get nominated, I can't really speak about them. But I am upset that James Barbour didn't get nominated. And Carole Shelly? She was good, but not that good.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

EveHarrington Profile Photo
EveHarrington
#73re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:50am

Kristin Scott Thomas was snubbed. I love her.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#74re: Bitch about the 2009 Tony nominations here !
Posted: 5/5/09 at 10:51am

If Aziza can be nominated last year, Shelley can be nominated this year. Come on, I thought "Grandma's Song" was a highlight of the show, especially with the exquisite choreography.

~Steven

Videos